What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012-13 Colorado Buffaloes vs Arizona Basketball game thread

I just want to add... IF we are going to rush again, we better do it much better. Right in front of me there was a huge pile-up in the aisle and guys were literally getting trampled

I just want to add... IF we are going to rush again, we better do it much better. Right in front of me there was a huge pile-up in the aisle and guys were literally getting trampled

How is that supposed to change? People aren't going to be jumping chairs to get down

How is that supposed to change? People aren't going to be jumping chairs to get down

Probably quit shoving and running before the people in front are actually moving. Either way... I doubt we'll be rushing for quite a while. Still fun

Probably quit shoving and running before the people in front are actually moving. Either way... I doubt we'll be rushing for quite a while. Still fun

Uh yeah that's not going to happen with the amount of people that are trying to get to the aisle

You know if this does turn into a great rivalry, I hope Sean Miller can stay for a while in Zona. He is always respectful of us when he does his post game interviews, says things he doesn't need to/other coaches wouldn't necessarily say. I enjoy playing the cats, especially when we win

I just want to say you guys came out and played one hell of a game. You had the Cats from the open. After each game the Cats play, win or lose, i question just how good our coaching staff is. As the season goes on we have regressed in almost every category. We arguably had the best incoming roster this year with the transfers and new recruits, so the talent level is there, its the system that is f'ed up.

I was very impressed with your guys last night and i hope they can keep the momentum going, i just hope more that we pick some up. Congrats.

Sandy Clough just spent most of the first hour of his show gushing about CU Basketball. Couldn't praise them enough. This from the man that prides himself on his objectivity, he was anything but to start his show. My how things are changing.

Sandy Clough just spent most of the first hour of his show gushing about CU Basketball. Couldn't praise them enough. This from the man that prides himself on his objectivity, he was anything but to start his show. My how things are changing.

The Post actually sent a real live person to the game last night to cover it. They did the same thing with the lambs in ft fun. Actual basketball coverage in the state of Colorado?? It is amazing what winning programs can do for you. Now lets make a sweet 16 run and reload this team with enough talent to start thinking final four next year! The coming years in Boulder are going to be insane.

Given the build-up to the game and what happened in Tucson, I'm cool with rushing the court. And similar to the video 'tini posted, how can you get mad at the students for this:

[video=youtube;HdNA2DD2HVg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdNA2DD2HVg[/video]

I just want to say you guys came out and played one hell of a game. You had the Cats from the open. After each game the Cats play, win or lose, i question just how good our coaching staff is. As the season goes on we have regressed in almost every category. We arguably had the best incoming roster this year with the transfers and new recruits, so the talent level is there, its the system that is f'ed up.

I was very impressed with your guys last night and i hope they can keep the momentum going, i just hope more that we pick some up. Congrats.

Thanks for your input bellamatt. Unfortunately, you've placed it in the incorrect thread; we have discussions for what you're posting, and it's in the Clown Rape (the serious discussion one) thread.

A few quick thoughts as I try to stay awake during this conference call (who the hell schedules a conference call at 7:30 am the day after CU-Arizona? Stupid Texans...):

* Students were AMAZING. Period. It gets said occasionally, but not often enough -- what the student section has been able to do is unreal. Loved the national anthem, but I liked it more when I thought it just happened organically because they were so amped up for this game. Hoping 'Tini's wrong on this one (doubtful) and that it's not an every game thing. But if it is, that's cool too. As for the court storming, I was against it at first (same thought process as Tad), but the more I think about it, the more I'm good with it. The way we lost to Arizona, the build up to this game, the fact that we're unranked and they're a top 10 team AND let's not ignore Vic Lombardi and Gary Miller doing the student section showdown with CSU, I'm fine. Like others have pointed out, they've only had one other chance to charge under Tad's reign -- and that was his first year here before we truly had a grasp on what was going on. Let them get it out of their system. Plus, watching the players reaction to it? I think it meant a lot to them. This hasn't been the easiest season, so let them celebrate a little. Which leads me to....

* So help me God, I'm terrified of ASU right now. We already lost once to them thanks to an Arizona Hangover, let's not make it twice.

* Gotta give props to the Zona fans. They infiltrated the Keg well, and probably represented better than any other fanbase this year (yes, that means you too CSU). Plus, 90% of the ones I talked to were cool. If they're our rival (and it appears that things are slowly inching that way), I'm pumped. This isn't a rivalry like Nebraska with pure hatred. This is a rivalry because those two teams bring it every time. I dig that.

* XJ, Talton, Scott... all three looked great out there. And all three are freshmen. And I'm still high on Eli. Tad knows what he's doing there, and I think we all need to stop questioning his recruiting. I think the biggest surprise is Talton. On the post game radio show, he said that at one point he looked at Ski and said "I need you to start mentally getting ready. I'm gonna have to put you in soon for XT." Ski looked at him and said "Coach, let him get this. He's got it right now." Said that he's had confidence in the bench, but now the rest of the team does too. That's huge.

* The Mayor might need a promotion soon. I believe Rugged was the one who said he might be the Governor by the end of this season, and it appears he may be right...

* My voice is in and out today. I have a horrible headache. I'm tired, I'm sore. It was worth every bit of pain.

EDIT - I forgot. I think I'm more upset about the "Overrated" chant than charging the court. I don't get the overrated chant. That diminishes what we just did. Don't do that. Honestly, part of me was hoping for "Just like last game" or "2-0" or something. But this is a minor minor nit pick. C-Unit brought it last night.
You worry too much, Goose

bellamatt,

thanks for coming back. I hate to say this but your problem is not talent, it is coaching. Miller is a weak coach, who makes your team soft. He wastes timeouts , not only calling them two early (1 minute into the 2nd half) but when he does they are useless because I think we scored after every time you called a timeout. You guys have a great trap, why did we not see it last night?

I'm also terrified of ASU. SO is Boyle. One day of practice after huge emotional game. His post game speech reflected that. I'm expecting a loss.

I'm also terrified of ASU. SO is Boyle. One day of practice after huge emotional game. His post game speech reflected that. I'm expecting a loss.
Expecting a loss when this team is at home is a losing battle 41-5 (89%) and we have a 66% chance of winning this game per RealTimeRPI (prior to the Arizona game)

I repeat: one day of rest. Emotional win. If we come out playing hard, we should win. But ASU is big and physical inside and just roughed us up last game. That could wear us down something fierce come sat.

I repeat: one day of rest. Emotional win. If we come out playing hard, we should win. But ASU is big and physical inside and just roughed us up last game. That could wear us down something fierce come sat.

SHT played great last night. Here's to the hope that he gives us some valuable minutes again tomorrow.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that ASU won't get away with literally raping players down low this game. Don't forget, we jumped out to a large lead against ASU before we crumbled. We jumped out to a decent sized lead against UA and didn't crumble. This is not the same team that played ASU a month ago.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that ASU won't get away with literally raping players down low this game. Don't forget, we jumped out to a large lead against ASU before we crumbled. We jumped out to a decent sized lead against UA and didn't crumble. This is not the same team that played ASU a month ago.

If what you say is true, the psychological trauma is going to be a lot for our players to overcome.

It is the same team - let's hope they knock down the open outside shots this time.

ASU has looked very, very different in their last two games -- home loss to Stanford, road loss at Utah. Let's hope it continues, and now that their hopes of Dancing are dead, they lose some killer instinct.

Back