What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 Coaching Carousel Thread

Surprised hes not holding out for the Holer job.

Wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't that enthusiastic about the Holer job. The pay well and have ahuge budget but they also have unrealistic expectations.

Place like Wyoming you win 7 games and go to a bowl you don't have to buy lunch the entire off-season, win seven in Nebraska they key your car and tell you to look for a real estate agent. Win 8 games at Wyoming and you schools across the country lining up to hire you. Win 8 in Lincoln and you still get hate mail because you didn't run the I and win a NC.

Washington Redskins: There is clearly friction between Mike Shanahan and owner Dan Snyder. According to this ESPN report, Shanahan was ready to leave the organization in 2012 over Dan Snyder's relationship with RG3. Shanahan has one more year left on his contract.

Washington Redskins:
CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Redskins will pursue Baylor head coach Art Briles, if and when Mike Shanahan is let go.

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

RGIII is a great talent...but he also appears to be a coach killer because the guy is already all about himself and I don't know that bringing in Briles will make that much difference. Santana Moss already called him out....that says a lot about what is going on in that locker room if a WR is calling out a QB!

Shanny seems like the kind of guy who would have a hard time being out of coaching for an extended time. In the season between the Broncos firing and getting the Skins job he had an office where he evaluated film and reviewed his playbook as well as that of other teams. Some reports said that it was not unusual for him to spend 12-14 hours a day working and he was unemployed at the time.

I wonder though if he might decide to make the jump to the college game. After his record with Washington he is no longer looked at quite the same as he was after the Broncos job. He is someone who wants to have total control over his program and I don't think he's going to get that from the NFL now.

He at least considered it a number of years back when the Florida job was open. I think he would be a good recruiter and would adapt to the college game quickly.

I think he would have to be smart enough to get young, energetic assistants that would recruit the hell out of it and he could be the closer with the NFL pedigree. But I always thought one of his problems was finding those dynamic assistants other than Kubiak.

Shanny seems like the kind of guy who would have a hard time being out of coaching for an extended time. In the season between the Broncos firing and getting the Skins job he had an office where he evaluated film and reviewed his playbook as well as that of other teams. Some reports said that it was not unusual for him to spend 12-14 hours a day working and he was unemployed at the time.

I wonder though if he might decide to make the jump to the college game. After his record with Washington he is no longer looked at quite the same as he was after the Broncos job. He is someone who wants to have total control over his program and I don't think he's going to get that from the NFL now.

He at least considered it a number of years back when the Florida job was open. I think he would be a good recruiter and would adapt to the college game quickly.

Is Jeremy Foley still the Florida AD? He and Shanny are tight, which is the main reason Shanny ever listened to them in the past. But if he's unemployed and Muschump gets the axe, I would say that's the best shot there's ever going to be at Shanny giving college a try.

So is Mack safe? I would have figured the axe would fall within 24 hours of the Baptists having their way with him. I imagine UT fan angst is pretty high right now.

Is Jeremy Foley still the Florida AD? He and Shanny are tight, which is the main reason Shanny ever listened to them in the past. But if he's unemployed and Muschump gets the axe, I would say that's the best shot there's ever going to be at Shanny giving college a try.

I can see Shanny going for that job. The have the resources, are in the middle of a great recruiting area although they also go outside of Florida as well, and have tradition. It's a nice place to live with some big money boosters who would happily supply the money for whatever he wants.

Agree with the above re: Florida but I think Shanahan's window of opportunity at the college level is probably shot now. I really don't see him having the personality in the living rooms to go up against the SEC coaches and succeed in recruiting. Plus, everyone knows that he'd be the figure head for the "coach in waiting", Kyle. :lol:

So is Mack safe? I would have figured the axe would fall within 24 hours of the Baptists having their way with him. I imagine UT fan angst is pretty high right now.

Their rivals "insiders" think he's going to be let go soon, but they think there's a lot of things to be worked out. Seems like this Mack drama could be part of the larger power struggle between UT's President, big money boosters, and at least a couple of their Regents. It sounds like it could really turn into a circus.

RGIII is a great talent...but he also appears to be a coach killer because the guy is already all about himself and I don't know that bringing in Briles will make that much difference. Santana Moss already called him out....that says a lot about what is going on in that locker room if a WR is calling out a QB!

RGIII is all about himself? Based on what?

Never takes the blame for anything...has thrown coaches and teammates under the bus...don't like him at all

Could I be biased...sure

Yeah based on interviews I've seen with him I completely disagree, he has taken a whole lot of blame

RG3 will never be healthy as a running QB (too long and lean) and does not have the elite QB pocket passing/quick release/defense reading skills to be great (not many do).

Exciting guy to watch, but he's a bust IMO.

RG3 played in 41 games in four years at Baylor. In the NFL, 16 games per year over four years is 64 games (not including playoffs or preseason). The wear and tear in the NFL brutal.

Curious why Snyder thinks bringing in RGIII's college coach will do the trick. Worked SO well with the Spurrier/Wuerffel experiment a few years back.
That said, would be more than happy to see Briles leave so **** Bailer fades into oblivion.

RG3 will never be healthy as a running QB (too long and lean) and does not have the elite QB pocket passing/quick release/defense reading skills to be great (not many do).

Exciting guy to watch, but he's a bust IMO.

RG3 played in 41 games in four years at Baylor. In the NFL, 16 games per year over four years is 64 games (not including playoffs or preseason). The wear and tear in the NFL brutal.

He has definitely had a sophomore slump, but bust?

His rookie year was amazing. 3,200 yards, 65%, 20 TDs to 5 picks and add in 815 rushing yards and 7 more TDs to boot. That's already on par with Michael Vick's best season ever. We'll see if he can get back to that level going forward, but I reserve the word bust for the Jamarcus Russell's of the world.

He has definitely had a sophomore slump, but bust?

His rookie year was amazing. 3,200 yards, 65%, 20 TDs to 5 picks and add in 815 rushing yards and 7 more TDs to boot. That's already on par with Michael Vick's best season ever. We'll see if he can get back to that level going forward, but I reserve the word bust for the Jamarcus Russell's of the world.

In the dictionary next to the word bust. Amazing that the Raiders have spent a bunch of draft choices including some high first rounders on Russell, Palmer, Pryor, and Flynn and look to have little to nothing to show for it.

It appears that RGIII and Shanny are doing a great job of butting heads. RGIII is never going to be the classic NFL pocket passer but he would be well served to modify how he uses his mobility. If he is going to stay healthy long enough to play most of the games in his seasons he needs to bet better at dumping the ball off and letting other guys take the hits. He also needs to learn when to get down when he is running and not take the hits.

Mark Schlereth (sp.) had an intersting point today though. He stated that Shannahan talked to him about how QBs often make their biggest jump going into their third year. He gave as an example Cam Newton this year who in his third year isn't a world beater but is way more effective than he was last year in his second year.

It might be that RGIII might be more open to taking coaching to heart from the guy who coached him in college. Don't know but it looks like it isn't working well with him and Shanny.

Never takes the blame for anything...has thrown coaches and teammates under the bus...don't like him at all

Could I be biased...sure

My issue with RG3 is that he's immature. Everyone in the media talks him up as a mature young guy with great leadership skills. But what puts the lie to that is the fact that his daddy steps in and confronts the coach and management.

Anyone here ever had your daddy go talk to your boss for you? Didn't think so.

My issue with RG3 is that he's immature. Everyone in the media talks him up as a mature young guy with great leadership skills. But what puts the lie to that is the fact that his daddy steps in and confronts the coach and management.

Especially in the NFL.

What? And somebody on the team didn't beat his ass for it?

Back