What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 Coaching Carousel Thread

I'm really high on Nussmeier, that's a great hire. Then again I was really high on Hoke and he's not doing so hot..

Anyone know why Nussmeier ditched Bammer?

I'm guessing the main reason is money. He's expected to be one of the top 5 highest paid coordinators in CFB.

hehe. Not sure that hire is a good one for Michigan. They don't have near the offensive line talent that Bama does.

Actually, Borges is awful. His offense was predictable and it showed on the field. Michigan fans wanted him gone for years.

I should've clarified, I was talking about his San Diego St. success. They said Hoke didn't have the X & O knowledge, but that was okay because he knew to surround himself with good coordinators like Borges. People were pretty happy he was able to bring Borges with him at the time.

Nussmeier as a replacement is a bit weird too. I think his break-up with Alabama may be mutual.

uspw_6157552.jpg

This Petrino pic always makes me laugh. He understands what college football is all about. Louisville brought back a winner.

Last edited:
I'm really high on Nussmeier, that's a great hire. Then again I was really high on Hoke and he's not doing so hot..

Anyone know why Nussmeier ditched Bammer?

There was talk that Nuss and Saban didn't see eye to eye this year, which was why Saban brought Kiffin in to consult on the offense at the end of the season.

There was talk that Nuss and Saban didn't see eye to eye this year, which was why Saban brought Kiffin in to consult on the offense at the end of the season.

Big Dick Nick with the questionable Kiffin addition. Promptly loses the last 2 games of the year. Coincidence, this is not.

I'm guessing the main reason is money. He's expected to be one of the top 5 highest paid coordinators in CFB.

Mcelwain and Kirby Smart stayed a while at Bama all things considered. This is a move to get more looks as a HC imo

Mcelwain and Kirby Smart stayed a while at Bama all things considered. This is a move to get more looks as a HC imo

Feldman or some other writer said Nussmeier was encouraged by Saban to look around ... and I doubt he wanted rid of him.

[Insert obligatory hot VB player joke here] BP would be the play if I was the Louisville AD. Let the Sparkles to Western Kentucky rumors begin.....

I know he's almost guaranteed to win games, but after leaving his last 3 jobs unceremoniously, I dunno, Petrino's just bad news imo.

On the outside maybe this is a good hire from a game day point of view. From a personality point of view maybe its not. Petrino has some baggage he can't seem to escape and unfortunately he stands on whichever colleges front porch welcoming players, alums, and fans. His sudden and shadowy departure from the Falcons after 1 year was not handled well. The motorcycle incident speaks for itself. He's shot himself in the foot too many times.

I have to wonder why Louisville didn't simply match UTs offer and kept Strong.

BP getting $3.5 mill at Louisville, has $10 Million buyout, very smart by Jurich. Also Garrick McGee is leaving his HC position at UAB to be OC at Louisville.

Reset...

Florida Atlantic: Pelini resigned Replacement: Charlie Partridge
USC: Kiffin Fired Replacement: Steve Sarkisian
UConn: Paul Pasqualoni fired Replacement: Bob Diaco, former ND DC
Miami (oh): Don Treadwell fired Replacement: the ND OC, forget his name (Chuck Martin?)
Wyoming: Dave Christensen fired Replacement: Craig Bohl from NDSU
Wake Forest: Jim Grobe retires, Replacement: Dave Clawson former Bowling Green HC
Army: Rich Ellerson fired Replacement: Jeff Monken, Ga. St. Fmr. HC

UT: Mack Brown resigned Replacement: Charlie Strong
UMass: fires Charley Molnar Names: who knows

Secondary market:

UW: Sark to $C Replacement: Peterman from Boise
BoiseSt.: Petey to UW, Replacement: Bryan Harsin, former Boise OC and Ark. St. HC
Bowling Green: Clawson to Wake Replacement: Dino Babers, fmr. ECU HC
Penn St.: O'Brien to Texans (NFL) Replacement: James Franklin
Louisville: Strong to UT Replacement: Bobby Petrino

Next up: Vandy

BP getting $3.5 mill at Louisville, has $10 Million buyout, very smart by Jurich. Also Garrick McGee is leaving his HC position at UAB to be OC at Louisville.

can you translate this line for people who aren't following the coaching situation closely?

can you translate this line for people who aren't following the coaching situation closely?
Bobby Petrino's contract pays $3.5 million annually, and Petrino must pay $10 million if he leaves prior to the expiration of the seven year term. Garrick McGee, former OC under Petrino at Arky, quit his head coaching job at University of Alabama - Birmingham, to become the OC at Louisville. So, Jurich has locked Petrino up and made it hard for him to dowhathe did earlier...which was fly the coop for better deals. Smart contract negotiation and securing a good HC in my opinion. OC= offensive coordinator. Arky = University of Arkansas, located in Fayetteville Arkansas.. HC = Head coach.

Bobby Petrino's contract pays $3.5 million annually, and Petrino must pay $10 million if he leaves prior to the expiration of the seven year term. Garrick McGee, former OC under Petrino at Arky, quit his head coaching job at University of Alabama - Birmingham, to become the OC at Louisville. So, Jurich has locked Petrino up and made it hard for him to dowhathe did earlier...which was fly the coop for better deals. Smart contract negotiation and securing a good HC in my opinion. OC= offensive coordinator. Arky = University of Arkansas, located in Fayetteville Arkansas.. HC = Head coach.

sweet now I am on the same page.

:lol: I did the overkill just give you a little grief...

Yeah for some reason this threw me off:

Louisville: Strong to UT Replacement: Bobby Petrino

so I was thinking how can he go to Lousiville if he is a strong replacement at UT. This lack of sleep is killing me.

What kind of message does this send to your student athletes when you rehire a guy like Bobby Petrino. Unreal.

I wonder if they talked with the women's volleyball coach first. I'm sure Bobby's key doesn't work for their locker room.

What kind of message does this send to your student athletes when you rehire a guy like Bobby Petrino. Unreal.

I wonder if they talked with the women's volleyball coach first. I'm sure Bobby's key doesn't work for their locker room.

Former Louisville staff who have been fired for inappropriate relationships, begin hiring lawyers now.

Back