What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 Coaching Carousel Thread

think of the on-camera drama, when, after said loss, in the locker room, saban casts his baleful gales at his offensive coordinator. he summons a couple of his o-linemen-- "hold him"-- and he proceeds to remove kiffy's heart with his bare hands.

that's ****ing great tv, man. what's your problem????

:rofl:

You're assuming they'll find that Kiffen has a heart? Saban digging around for a while and coming up empty-handed will make for better drama.

BdtqjOeCYAAQElf.png

Wow the Ducks are promoting Don Pellum to DC... He is a great position coach, but the absolutely wrong hire to be a DC. I was hoping this was the opportunity to turn the ship around, but it appears as though Helfrich just keeps it moving in the wrong direction.

The playcalling at Bama is pretty easy. That defense and that OL make it easy to win 8 games. Now, winning MNCs is a different beast. Kiffin was in over his head as a coach, but as an OC with a stacked team he's shown he can do it. The guy is still an uber douche, but it's a shame there's no Roll Tide Network.

Wow the Ducks are promoting Don Pellum to DC... He is a great position coach, but the absolutely wrong hire to be a DC. I was hoping this was the opportunity to turn the ship around, but it appears as though Helfrich just keeps it moving in the wrong direction.
Did Helfrich actually do anything with the offense while Kelly was there?

Is that a surprise? Oregon has always promoted from within.

I have my doubts about him after ASU. I don't think that's who they should have hired after Kelly left.

Probably the worst opening this year has been filled. Umass hired Mark Whipple. Actually seems like a good hire for them. He had success at Umass before when they were in the fbs subdivision. I'm not sure anyone will win there under the current conditions though.

Georgia DC Todd Grantham left to take over as Louisville DC

Last edited:
1 million a year for 5 years for a DC that Georgia fans will not be sad to see go

1 million a year for 5 years for a DC that Georgia fans will not be sad to see go

Yeah, they have some pretty funny comments on Rivals right now. They're excited to say the least.

[tweet]422486276827148288[/tweet]

[tweet]422487014563254272[/tweet]

Last edited:
Heh, wasn't Grantham a massive success his first year at Georgia? Funny how quickly things can change in the coaching world.

I can't wait to see the statue they make for Strong if he wins a national championship

img_1473_medium.jpg

Booger Watson takes the UT QB coach job. Interesting since he was Strong's OC at Louisville, but apparently will not be UT's OC. Strange. But then again, a position coach at UT makes more than most....

Liberal = enlightened?

It is. Not as liberal as Boulder, but increasingly heading that direction. The rest of Texas doesn't necessarily like it.

You need to spend some time at a rainbow people gathering!!:nod: I've had people try to tell me that building a pirate ship in the woods would save the earth.

Booger Watson takes the UT QB coach job. Interesting since he was Strong's OC at Louisville, but apparently will not be UT's OC. Strange. But then again, a position coach at UT makes more than most....

I think it is a great move. It gives Charlie Strong an excellent QB coach and someone who he knows and has confidence, especially at a position where UT has struggled recently. Watson gets a great job and will not take the same heat as an OC will take. Plus Watson is a good recruiter.

Strong is making some moves in filling out his staff....Getting Joe Wickline from Okie State as the OLINE coach is huge. Wickline is considered one of the best in coaching circles.

BNG / Nic, as the two of you seem to follow this closer than most, what tweaks would you make to our staff?

Back