What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 CU MBB SOS Watch (OOC & Pac-12 Opponents)

Washington managed not to **** up. Played some defense in the 2nd half and won by 12.

Troubling couple games for Washington. EWU is about the bottom of the barrel, to be trailing them for over 30 minutes is not good. They face Indiana next.

Big 12? Outside the top 3 they are UGLY.

I like 4 teams a lot (KU, Baylor, OSU & ISU). OU and UT are potentially good. And you've got to expect that WVU and KSU will come around and be better than average.

That said, now that I look at the teams in that American Athletic conference I'm pretty damn impressed.

Louisville, Memphis, UConn and Cincinnati is a pretty strong top four. I'm kind of liking SMU and Houston, too. And Temple always ends up being good.

And then there's the new Big East. Problem there is that it's like the A-10 was last year. Nobody sucks, a couple teams are potentially really good, and most are pretty good.

I like that Big 12, though.

Big 12? Outside the top 3 they are UGLY.

Yeah, despite the tough day for the ACC, I'd give the ACC the advantage over the Big XII with ease. Granted, Iowa State did well for themselves today, but it gets brutally bad as you go down the Big XII ladder.

Oklahoma is a bit of an unknown

Texas just flat out sucks

West Virginia and K-State are in for long seasons.

Monday, 11/18, games we care about:

Elon hosts Drexel.
Wyoming hosts Jackson State.
Arizona hosts Fairly Ridiculous.
UCLA hosts Sacramento State.
Cal host Southern Utah.

And of course...

Buffs tip off against Arkansas State at 7pm.

Monday, 11/18, games we care about:

Elon hosts Drexel.
Wyoming hosts Jackson State.
Arizona hosts Fairly Ridiculous.
UCLA hosts Sacramento State.
Cal host Southern Utah.

And of course...

Buffs tip off against Arkansas State at 7pm.

Any Pac-12 schools losing would be a disaster. Cupcake city.

Arkansas State is going to be a step up over Jackson State (ASU won at JSU)

Arkansas State is going to be a step up over Jackson State (ASU won at JSU)
I expect Arkansas State to be a lot tougher than Jackson State ... and if the Buffs let Saturday to to their head, they will be in for a hard lesson. I look forward to watching their progress tonight. I like this Buffs team. They will take some lumps early on, but the upside of this team is the best that I have seen in over 30 years of watching the Buffs (Chauncey era included).

Also, for your ACC Fans ... Go Terps! :nod:

I expect Arkansas State to be a lot tougher than Jackson State ... and if the Buffs let Saturday to to their head, they will be in for a hard lesson. I look forward to watching their progress tonight. I like this Buffs team. They will take some lumps early on, but the upside of this team is the best that I have seen in over 30 years of watching the Buffs (Chauncey era included).

Also, for your ACC Fans ... Go Terps! :nod:

Ark State will definitely be a step up, they're one of the top Sun-Belt teams which is a notch above the Jackson States and UT-Martins of the world (as evidenced by their wins over those two). I was a little surprised Ark State got so thoroughly crushed at Wyoming, but that can be a tough place to play as we know.

Elon trailing Drexel by 9 with 8:51 to play. I'd suspect that Drexel drew a decent number of fans to East Brunswick for this.

Wyoming beat Jackson State. Our win over the Cowboys has the potential to be a better RPI-builder than we anticipated.

Wyoming beat Jackson State. Our win over the Cowboys has the potential to be a better RPI-builder than we anticipated.

Pokes could come out of the OOC with only 2 losses (CU and @ Ohio State). In a down MWC they should be able to get their fair share of victories.

Also, I'd expect Jackson State to be a big competitor for the SWAC. Of course beating SWAC teams won't do much for the RPI, but they could end up well above where a team like that often could be (sub-300).

Zona, Cal and UCLA all rolled tonight.

Pac-12 is starting to round into form now.

Tuesday, 11/19, games we care about:

Kansas hosts Iona.

Okie Lite takes on Memphis in the game of the day. (I can't wait to watch this one - 6pm on ESPN.)

Oregon hosts Utah Valley.

CSU is at a dangerous UTEP.

ASU is at UNLV. (Sun Devils need to win this game.)

Arizona has Rhode Island.

USC hosts CS Fullerton. (CSF is coming off a win against Santa Clara, so they're not a walk over for Troy. Game on PACN at 9pm.)

Zona, Cal and UCLA all rolled tonight.

Pac-12 is starting to round into form now.

Tuesday, 11/19, games we care about:

Kansas hosts Iona.

Okie Lite takes on Memphis in the game of the day. (I can't wait to watch this one - 6pm on ESPN.)

Oregon hosts Utah Valley.

CSU is at a dangerous UTEP.

ASU is at UNLV. (Sun Devils need to win this game.)

Arizona has Rhode Island.

USC hosts CS Fullerton. (CSF is coming off a win against Santa Clara, so they're not a walk over for Troy. Game on PACN at 9pm.)

Can't wait for Okie Lite vs Memphis. Okie Lite has a big advantage though: they're at home and this will be only the 2nd game Memphis has played (haven't played in almost a week).

Big one for Arizona State. UNLV is reeling right now (but was picked tied for 2nd in the MWC). This is an opportune time for Arizona State to make a statement that they're competitors for the Big Dance. They've got a difficult stretch with Marquette and Creighton coming up as well. Clearly Sendek is trying to get away from playing the weakest OOC mankind has ever seen (last year's ASU).

That's a bad loss. Elon is not the team I expected them to be this year.

They're definitely struggling more than expected for the team picked to win the SoCon. 2-3. I get the loss to Drexel who is decent and gave UCLA a run for their money. I get the loss on the road to Charlotte. But losing to Canisius is a major red flag. They don't play again until December 1st so maybe they'll get their **** together. Long season, they may still recover.

Okie Lite leads Memphis by 18 at the half. Marcus Smart looks kinda good.

Okie Lite wins 101-80. Looked really good, but this was clearly a Memphis team that was yet to hit its stride (playing only its 2nd game).

UTEP pulling away from Colorado State in El Paso, 51-35.

Oregon in control against Utah Valley in Eugene.

Arizona State and UNLV in a back and forth game early in Vegas.

Wow, UTEP is not a good team either

No idea what they have this year but Tim Floyd will usually put a competitive product on the court, often breaking rules in the process. Fairly difficult road game.

Rams have gotten back into it a bit, only down 58-50 now

No idea what they have this year but Tim Floyd will usually put a competitive product on the court, often breaking rules in the process. Fairly difficult road game.

Rams have gotten back into it a bit, only down 58-50 now

Not watching it, but was on the twitter:

[TWEET]403009219055468545[/TWEET]

Arizona State just opened it up a little in the final minutes. Had been a back and forth game all night. 83-78 ASU with 1 minute. UNLV season turning into a nightmare.

Back