What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 CU MBB SOS Watch (OOC & Pac-12 Opponents)

Georgia trailing Temple 45-32 at half. This is a pretty bad Temple squad, which gives you an idea of just how poorly the Dawgs are playing at the moment.

USC's new coach talks some smack.

"Tim Floyd shows up every day at work and realizes he lives in El Paso, Texas. And he's pissed off that he didn't get the USC job two months ago." -- Andy Enfield on former USC coach and current UTEP coach Tim Floyd

"I don't worry about [UCLA]. I've made it to one Sweet Sixteen in two years [as a head coach], and [Steve Alford has] made it to one Sweet Sixteen in 18 years [as a head coach]."
-- Andy Enfield on, well, I think that's pretty self-explanatory.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...65712/andy-enfield-is-the-dunk-city-of-quotes

Jackson State won @ UT-Martin, 68-64

CSU came back to beat Northern Colorado 72-65 despite trailing for much of the game.

Utah beat Lamar 84-57

ASU beat Bradley 70-58

Kansas beat Towson 88-58

Wyoming up on South Dakota 68-53 in the final seconds.

UCLA leading Morehead State 42-36 late in the 1st half

Seems the only game involving opponents tomorrow is:

Utah (4-0) vs Savannah State (2-5).

Odd.

I haven't looked ahead, but I assume Sunday is loaded with Pac-12 games. Avoidance of network conflicts with PACN would be my guess.

Utah beats Savannah State 71-57, Utes now 5-0 albeit playing the weakest schedule you could possibly draw up.

Utah beats Savannah State 71-57, Utes now 5-0 albeit playing the weakest schedule you could possibly draw up.

Their schedule is designed to build confidence and gag their way into the NIT or at least get CBI home games. I don't disagree with that strategy, considering where they were a couple years ago.

Their schedule is designed to build confidence and gag their way into the NIT or at least get CBI home games. I don't disagree with that strategy, considering where they were a couple years ago.

I don't disagree with it either. I just want people to be aware of the circumstances of their gaudy OOC record. It's only a matter of time before we start hearing "Utah must be pretty good, their record is _ and _! (insert padded OOC record)"

I don't disagree with it either. I just want people to be aware of the circumstances of their gaudy OOC record. It's only a matter of time before we start hearing "Utah must be pretty good, their record is _ and _! (insert padded OOC record)"

I heard it last night during a PACN broadcast. Sometimes I can't believe those guys get paid for what they do. :lol:

Nebraska vs. Georgia
C. Arkansas at Arkansas St.
TCU at Wash. State
San Fran. at Oregon
Chattanooga at UCLA

Opponents should go 4-1 tomorrow. I just don't trust Georgia, at all. Nebraska is mediocre at best, but I'm afraid Georgia might be worse than mediocre. They've certainly got a chance though. Meanwhile, Washington State should be able to beat TCU with that game being in Pullman. TCU has lost to Longwood and nearly lost to Abilene Christian.

Opponents should go 4-1 tomorrow. I just don't trust Georgia, at all. Nebraska is mediocre at best, but I'm afraid Georgia might be worse than mediocre. They've certainly got a chance though. Meanwhile, Washington State should be able to beat TCU with that game being in Pullman. TCU has lost to Longwood and nearly lost to Abilene Christian.

"Longwood"? :huh:

That sounds more like an upscale housing development than a college/university.

:lol:

In all seriousness, Longwood is a fairly new to D-1 school from Farmville, VA. They're in the Big South conference, and yes, losing to them is not acceptable. In fact, I'm quite sure CU played them in 2010 or so.

Nevada's success a decade ago launched what was seemingly two very promising head coaching careers in Trent Johnson and Mark Fox. They've been underwhelming at their stops for middle of the pack major conference schools and now it looks like they're not even waiting for the conference slate to start before crapping the bed.

Nevada's success a decade ago launched what was seemingly two very promising head coaching careers in Trent Johnson and Mark Fox. They've been underwhelming at their stops for middle of the pack major conference schools and now it looks like they're not even waiting for the conference slate to start before crapping the bed.

I still don't understand why Trent Johnson bolted from Stanford to LSU. He had 3 NCAA Tournament appearances in 4 years at Stanford (NIT the other year) and went to the Sweet 16 his final year before he bolted for Baton Rouge. Maybe he just wasn't happy in Palo Alto, but it's hard to see that his jump to LSU was anything more than a lateral move at best. Judging by how patient Stanford has been with Dawkins failing to produce a single Big Dance appearance, it seems they would have been far more patient with him in Palo Alto than they were in Baton Rouge, as well.

Georgia loses to Nebraska, 73-65 in Charleston. Last place in the Charleston Classic, nice work Dawgs. Georgia now 1-4.

Arkansas State defeats Central Arkansas 99-56. Arkansas State improves to 3-2. They should have a successful season in the Sun-Belt.

Some games, tomorrow:

Arkansas vs. California
Oklahoma St. at So. Florida
Wyoming at Ohio St.
Lipscomb at UT-Martin
Prairie View at Colorado St.
Marquette at Arizona St.
Baylor vs. Chaminade
Stanford vs. Houston
and one that has nothing to do with us, but ....

Bob Jones U at S.C. Upstate
(is this for real?)

Some games, tomorrow:

Arkansas vs. California
Oklahoma St. at So. Florida
Wyoming at Ohio St.
Lipscomb at UT-Martin
Prairie View at Colorado St.
Marquette at Arizona St.
Baylor vs. Chaminade
Stanford vs. Houston
and one that has nothing to do with us, but ....

Bob Jones U at S.C. Upstate
(is this for real?)

Cal should beat Arkansas on a neutral court, but it should be a decent game.

Oklahoma State should maul South Florida.

Ohio State has looked a little shaky in a couple games against lesser competition and we know Wyoming is tough, but that would be a miraculous upset win for the Pokes.

I'm looking forward to Arizona State/Marquette. Game that will give us a sense of where ASU is at (I know ASU won at UNLV, but UNLV is such a disaster right now that I'm not sure if that means a whole lot).

Stanford *should* beat Houston on a neutral court, but they're more than capable of losing.

Cal should beat Arkansas on a neutral court, but it should be a decent game.

Oklahoma State should maul South Florida.

Ohio State has looked a little shaky in a couple games against lesser competition and we know Wyoming is tough, but that would be a miraculous upset win for the Pokes.

I'm looking forward to Arizona State/Marquette. Game that will give us a sense of where ASU is at (I know ASU won at UNLV, but UNLV is such a disaster right now that I'm not sure if that means a whole lot).

Stanford *should* beat Houston on a neutral court, but they're more than capable of losing.

What's the over/under on that ASU game? ASU's 85 + Marquette's 35 = 120?

Biggest clash of styles I can think of playing out in the preseason.

Back