What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 CU MBB SOS Watch (OOC & Pac-12 Opponents)

What's the over/under on that ASU game? ASU's 85 + Marquette's 35 = 120?

Biggest clash of styles I can think of playing out in the preseason.

Vegas has ASU favored by 6

RPI Forecast hasn't really settled in yet since it's still early in the season, has ASU too high and Marquette way too low, so it's skewed to favor ASU by 11.7 and give the Sun Devils an 83% chance of winning.

I think it's going to be a physical, fairly low-scored game, personally.

Last edited:
Cal leads Arkansas 34-32 at half in Maui. This is the type of game the Pac has to win, Cal a top half Pac team against a middling SEC squad.

Cal leads Arkansas 34-32 at half in Maui. This is the type of game the Pac has to win, Cal a top half Pac team against a middling SEC squad.

Absolutely. Arkansas plays that style that can get to you if the refs let them play, though. Really good game on ESPN2 for mid-day in the early season. 39-36 Cal on a solid start to the 2nd half. Big thing for Montgomery's crew is to not allow Arkansas to go on any runs. If they keep it a possession-by-possession game they should win this one.

Cal 85 Arkansas 78. Final

Razorbacks were picked 9th in the SEC fwiw.

Cal will play winner of Syracuse/Minnesota

That's the first I've seen Arky this year, didn't know they were picked that low. Probably should have been worse, Cal turned it over quite a bit in the parts I saw.

That's the first I've seen Arky this year, didn't know they were picked that low. Probably should have been worse, Cal turned it over quite a bit in the parts I saw.

I think Arkansas might end up being a little better than the preseason predictions. Should be a fairly decent win for Cal.

I think Arkansas might end up being a little better than the preseason predictions. Should be a fairly decent win for Cal.

Yeah. After Kentucky and Florida, there's a logjam in the SEC among Arkansas, Alabama, Ole Miss, Mizzou, Tennessee, Vandy and Texas A&M. Arkansas is as good a pick as any to finish 3rd imho.

If anyone's interested, go back to the OP and check out current RPIs. I went ahead and filled them in despite how outrageous they can be in November. One thing very notable as I looked through, though, is that the MWC is not tracking as a very good RPI conference this year. There just aren't any quality wins to be found for that conference so far.

If anyone's interested, go back to the OP and check out current RPIs. I went ahead and filled them in despite how outrageous they can be in November. One thing very notable as I looked through, though, is that the MWC is not tracking as a very good RPI conference this year. There just aren't any quality wins to be found for that conference so far.

So I read this somewhere and never verified but the MWC never beat a top 25 team, despite being the number 2 RPI conference last season.

This could be totally false but I remember seeing it in the comments of a story.

So I read this somewhere and never verified but the MWC never beat a top 25 team, despite being the number 2 RPI conference last season.

This could be totally false but I remember seeing it in the comments of a story.

Weren't we Top 25 at the time Wyoming beat us?

Edit: And speaking of Wyoming, they're up 15-14 against Ohio State in Columbus after 8 minutes.

Metro out to a big early lead against Elon and will probably beat them. I don't think this game affects their RPI, but we have a shot at having 4-5 teams potentially around the 300 RPI number in our OOC (Tenn Martin, Jackson St, AFA, Elon, Georgia). Elon seems to be much worse than advertised.

Are we going to have to beat Kansas or Oklahoma St to enter conference with a top 25 RPI? I think we really need that to not have to sweat out a bid if we don't finish top 4 in the conference.

Metro out to a big early lead against Elon and will probably beat them. I don't think this game affects their RPI, but we have a shot at having 4-5 teams potentially around the 300 RPI number in our OOC (Tenn Martin, Jackson St, AFA, Elon, Georgia). Elon seems to be much worse than advertised.

Are we going to have to beat Kansas or Oklahoma St to enter conference with a top 25 RPI? I think we really need that to not have to sweat out a bid if we don't finish top 4 in the conference.

The win over Harvard was a big one and Wyo may turn out to be pretty decent. We'll get an RPI boost just by playing Okie Lite and Kansas. I don't think they're necessarily must wins. Our RPI should be in pretty good shape throughout the season due to the difficult schedule. Even with some weaklings, our OOC is good deal tougher than what most teams face.

The win over Harvard was a big one and Wyo may turn out to be pretty decent. We'll get an RPI boost just by playing Okie Lite and Kansas. I don't think they're necessarily must wins. Our RPI should be in pretty good shape throughout the season due to the difficult schedule. Even with some weaklings, our OOC is good deal tougher than what most teams face.

Thanks for talking me off the ledge. Panicked a little thinking about how bad some of these teams are (god forbid we lose to one of them). I know nobody thought AFA, Georgia, or Elon would be any good, but I don't think anyone thought they'd be this god-awful, did they?

Looks like the Cowboys are finally fading. 59-49 now...

Wyoming hasn't gotten good looks in a long time. Ohio State is denying any opportunity for a clean jumper and is blocking every shot the Cowboys try to put up inside. Cheap (and confusing) 4th foul on Nance didn't help much either. He's had to play soft on defense for a while now. 59-49 Buckeyes with 3 1/2 to play.

As expected, Okie Lite is destroying previously undefeated USF. 89-63 with just a few minutes left.

Wyoming fell to Ohio State, 65-50 on an amazing defensive effort by OSU in the last 10 minutes. Nobody looks good against that Wyo 2-3 zone. They're going to win a lot of games this year. Even OSU, which usually puts 5 guys on the court who are juniors & seniors weren't able to dissect it.

Elon falls 74-75 to Metro State. I guess "Yay for Metro!" since this won't have any impact on CU's RPI calculation.

UT-Martin loses to Lipscomb...

Colorado State taking care of business against Prairie View A&M

Arizona State leads Marquette 58-56 with 13 min remaining

Stanford losing to Houston in the first half 32-27

Back