What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 Oregon Ducks @ Colorado Basketball Game thread

Why can't families of 3 walk 3 blocks? (seriously, I don't get it).

Yesterday was way too cold, for one. Another thing is that a 10-year old has a limited attention span. Keeping her interested and motivated to come to the games is important. Parking three blocks away means a 10-15 minute walk, each way. Not making excuses, because we certainly could walk it, it's just more hassle than they're willing to put up with. Believe me, I've tried.

Ski's dunk a few seconds after the whistle could fairly be viewed as bush league...had Oregon not done the exact same thing twice. Our fans got on their players for doing it and at least one of our players asked for a technical foul. I wouldn't have a problem with their fans having an issue with it if Oregon hadn't set the tone for that kind of play.

Fair.

To be 100% honest, it was so loud in the Keg I didn't hear the whistle and at the time thought Ski was trying to make a cheap statement with 100 pts on a closing dunk.

Either way, I don't mind. UO was still trying to steal the ball from him. No reason not to keep playing. (Or stick a little payback in an opponent's face.)

Ski's dunk a few seconds after the whistle could fairly be viewed as bush league...had Oregon not done the exact same thing twice. Our fans got on their players for doing it and at least one of our players asked for a technical foul. I wouldn't have a problem with their fans having an issue with it if Oregon hadn't set the tone for that kind of play.

You know, of all the busch league stuff that happened yesterday, I really was hoping ski's dunk would have counted. We were all set to dribble out the last 12 or so seconds, and once we get it across the half court line someone (dotson maybe?) fouls him? I mean they already lost and we were content to leave the score as is but they had to go and foul him. A huge dunk at the end of the game like that (unguarded during dribble out time) could have been a bit classless but would have been a nice **** YOU to altman and the quacks.

I'm listening.
Boulder has these things called streets. You can park on them. Generally, at worst, you will end up about a 3 block distance (sometimes 4) from the south entrance to the keg. Even closer than the darkhorse!

You know, of all the busch league stuff that happened yesterday, I really was hoping ski's dunk would have counted. We were all set to dribble out the last 12 or so seconds, and once we get it across the half court line someone (dotson maybe?) fouls him? I mean they already lost and we were content to leave the score as is but they had to go and foul him. A huge dunk at the end of the game like that (unguarded during dribble out time) could have been a bit classless but would have been a nice **** YOU to altman and the quacks.
The **** YOU came 10 seconds later when Boyle subbed in the bench squad :nod:

Boulder has these things called streets. You can park on them. Generally, at worst, you will end up about a 3 block distance (sometimes 4) from the south entrance to the keg. Even closer than the darkhorse!

the closest thing I ever find on that side is practically on 30th street. I find it much easier to just park on campus but avoiding 28th

the closest thing I ever find on that side is practically on 30th street. I find it much easier to just park on campus but avoiding 28th

So you're going to bitch about parking no matter where you park? Got it.

hey I don't need lip from an east coaster who doesn't know how to drive in the snow.

Guilty. Truthfully, I've driven in the snow a lot (not sure if I've done it well). But man, I was unable to handle yesterday's slow-speed smashup. It all happened about 10 miles per hour, but sideways.

Guilty. Truthfully, I've driven in the snow a lot (not sure if I've done it well). But man, I was unable to handle yesterday's slow-speed smashup. It all happened about 10 miles per hour, but sideways.
This was probably where you went wrong.

figured out your problem. You are not supposed to be driving sideways in the snow.

I haven't had any issues parking. The garage is surprisingly fast. Stay away from the lot north of the garage tho

This was probably where you went wrong.

figured out your problem. You are not supposed to be driving sideways in the snow.

Thanks gents. I was a little sheepish about the whole thing. Fortunately there were no injuries--the dude was just getting into his vehicle and didn't see me. He'd just closed his door when I hit it. Then I slid down the road for another two hundred feet, locked up and unable to stop.

Thanks gents. I was a little sheepish about the whole thing. Fortunately there were no injuries--the dude was just getting into his vehicle and didn't see me. He'd just closed his door when I hit it. Then I slid down the road for another two hundred feet, locked up and unable to stop.
huh. I had this figured as an I70 incident where you are crawling along, the tires get packed, lose all traction, and you have nowhere to go and just start sliding. Hell, that almost happened to me on new years day. Don't tell me you managed to do this in a parking lot or something?

Does your girlfriend have a subaru?

Doesn't mean it's not ****ing stupid as hell.

I agree, I hate the over rated chant. it makes a great win about your opponent instead of about yourself. Great programs fans don't chant over rated at other solid programs win they win. It is a chant reserved for loser programs who get lucky over a better opponent.
We were the better team. Why chant overrated? As a ranked team ourselves we should be expecting our team to at least compete against everyone.

I'm glad you weren't hurt

I agree, I hate the over rated chant. it makes a great win about your opponent instead of about yourself. Great programs fans don't chant over rated at other solid programs win they win. It is a chant reserved for loser programs who get lucky over a better opponent.
We were the better team. Why chant overrated? As a ranked team ourselves we should be expecting our team to at least compete against everyone.

I'll let the students know they need to change the chant. What do you guys suggest?

You-were-rat-ed-per-fect? (to give a nod to our win and the accuracy of our polls)
Under-rat-ed? (too make our win even more impressive)

huh. I had this figured as an I70 incident where you are crawling along, the tires get packed, lose all traction, and you have nowhere to go and just start sliding. Hell, that almost happened to me on new years day. Don't tell me you managed to do this in a parking lot or something?

Does your girlfriend have a subaru?

All wheel drive Volvo, actually. I have standards, but they're low.

It was on the downhill out of Eldora. I only had a few hours to ski, so I kept it local.

Back