What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 Oregon Ducks @ Colorado Basketball Game thread

There may come a day when Altman/Oregon realizes that their greatest perceived strength is actually a huge liability. Altman consistently trolls for JUCO transfers and unhappy upper-classman transfers, and he kills it. His rosters are flush with talent but his system deals with this regular influx of new (talented) players; his system reflects this recruiting strategy - he caters to talent (Moser this year, maybe Tariq Black next year). This may very well be a better/gelled team by P12/NCAA tourn time, but they aren't there yet.

Oregon fans can label Tad as classless, etc, etc - He recruits good talent to fit his system and allows them to grow in it. He has built a cohesive team that believes in and is disciplined in his system. The last five or ten min of the game illustrated the contrast imo.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...oregons-transfer-appeal?ex_cid=espnapi_public

He's a douchebag. Comments weren't bad on the surface. But he and Tad are not friends. This one is eating Altman up. Love it.

I've heard rumors for over a year now that Tad and Dana don't like each other (actually, it's that all the P12 coaches don't like Dana), and I think we saw proof yesterday.

Oregon is a damn good team. I'm with 'Nik - if we want to keep the tie-breaker, we can't have more than 4 losses in conference this year. And that may be pushing it. We got a little lucky that we only get them at home and don't have to go to their house this year. But we will be seeing them in Vegas I have a feeling, and that game will be HUGE.

ESPN College Basketball Nation Blog:

STAT OF THE WEEK: Colorado was so good in its 100-89 win over Oregon Sunday — the first loss of the Ducks’ season, by the way — that they turned the ball over on nearly 22 percent of their possessions and still scored 100 points on 75 possessions. They shot 57 percent from the field, 42 percent from 3, and went 33-of-36 from the free throw line. They scored 56 points in the second half. Forget it: This entire box score is your stat of the week.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation

This Duck Chat from "Kyle's Brother" quote made me chuckle:

Boyle is a classless piece of s***, coaching a bunch of players that classless pieces of s***.

That officiating was disgusting. I can't think of any other word for it. Just absolutely disgusting. We never had a chance. Game was decided before the opening tip.

Has anybody who isn't a Duck fan ever referred to Coach Boyle as "classless" before? It's so contrary to the man, how he coaches and how he conducts himself that it shines a glaring spotlight on the delusions of the poster (and the Duck fanbase in general, because they seem to be running with this notion).

How, in the face of this predetermined outcome did Oregon manage a ten point lead in the second half? Were the officials just toying with their emotions?

And what's the deal with the Ski dunk? Was Oregon still fouling? If they were, Oregon was still in it and playing to win. Is there some rule where Oregon can continue trying to win, and CU must stop? What is the cutoff in dunking? None in the last two minutes provided the lead is greater than 6? That's ridiculous.

Dana's complaints (in game) about the attempted dunk remind me of Coach Aliotti's remarks after the WSU game (switching to football) in which he complained that the Cougs continued to pass after the game was out of reach. Oregon wants it both ways. If they're up, they want the other team to quit. If they're down, they want the other team to quit while they continue to play to win.

Very puzzling.

Speaking of puzzling. Oregon was on the bad side of a couple of calls--I actually concur. There was a plus one for Ski in the 2nd, where I saw exactly zero contact. But none of those calls were as odd as the charging called against Dinwiddie, or the blocking called against Dinwiddie when the Oregon player came charging in out of control, contorted his body, flopped on the floor and faked an injury. In fact, I'd argue that, in general, Coors doesn't provide nearly the homecourt officiating advantage of most venues.

Oregon fans are indeed odd. I'd encourage them to read our thread on the Oklahoma State loss. I was suprised that in the face of some seemingly frustrating officiating, Allbuffers tended to acknowledge we were being outplayed and didn't fall back on the "it was the officials" whining.

ESPN College Basketball Nation Blog:

STAT OF THE WEEK: Colorado was so good in its 100-89 win over Oregon Sunday — the first loss of the Ducks’ season, by the way — that they turned the ball over on nearly 22 percent of their possessions and still scored 100 points on 75 possessions. They shot 57 percent from the field, 42 percent from 3, and went 33-of-36 from the free throw line. They scored 56 points in the second half. Forget it: This entire box score is your stat of the week.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation
What a mess of a blog post:
Final Score: wrong
FT stats: wrong
FG %: rounded incorrectly, so wrong

He is right on one thing: that box score is still the stat of the week. :thumbsup:

What a fun game. Everything that the OSU game wasn't, this game was. Exciting, well played, loud. This was a big time college basketball game.

Has anybody ever told Altman that "Dana" is a girls name? They should. It suits him perfectly.

There may come a day when Altman/Oregon realizes that their greatest perceived strength is actually a huge liability. Altman consistently trolls for JUCO transfers and unhappy upper-classman transfers, and he kills it. His rosters are flush with talent but his system deals with this regular influx of new (talented) players; his system reflects this recruiting strategy - he caters to talent (Moser this year, maybe Tariq Black next year). This may very well be a better/gelled team by P12/NCAA tourn time, but they aren't there yet.

Oregon fans can label Tad as classless, etc, etc - He recruits good talent to fit his system and allows them to grow in it. He has built a cohesive team that believes in and is disciplined in his system. The last five or ten min of the game illustrated the contrast imo.
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...oregons-transfer-appeal?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Black is at Kansas

What a fun game. Everything that the OSU game wasn't, this game was. Exciting, well played, loud. This was a big time college basketball game.

Has anybody ever told Altman that "Dana" is a girls name? They should. It suits him perfectly.

Tad was saying after the game that CU wants to play this way but very few teams will agree to play a fast-paced game with the Buffs. For most teams, the only chance they have is to slow things down and make things ugly.

Being at the game, there were a few questionable calls as there always are. But I thought the officiating was very good for this game. Reading the oregon board, while hilarious, makes me realize what a loser you can sound like when you bitch about officiating. We should take heed of that.

Being at the game, there were a few questionable calls as there always are. But I thought the officiating was very good for this game. Reading the oregon board, while hilarious, makes me realize what a loser you can sound like when you bitch about officiating. We should take heed of that.

I'm not sure about the tone of this post. Possibly hilarious and rep-worthy.

It's pretty silly for Oregon fans to complain about the officiating in this one. 26 fouls called on the Ducks to 19 called on the Buffs. That's with UO committing 4 (I think, could have been 5) intentional fouls at the end of the game. Also, UO shot 25 threes to 12 for CU. You don't get as many calls when you're shooting jumpers instead of attacking the rim. Then throw in the fact that refereeing is shaded to home teams in basketball. All things considered, the Ducks should be pretty damn happy with how friendly the officiating was to them yesterday.

name smack? Of all the things to hate about Dana, his name is at the bottom of my list.

They never actually showed it on TV, but it sounded like whOregon had taken the ball and dunked it during a dead ball after play had stopped for a TO or foul earlier in the second half. You could hear the fans booing and getting on the player at the time for something, seemed like that was what happened.

But of course when Ski does it, he's a dirtbag. :lol:

Artis did that, should have been T'd up.

I think that was Castille and he missed the dunk. Student section got on him for it.

I think Artis did it in the first half too. Could be wrong on the player but it definitely happened twice. Nice payback from Ski before Boyle emptied the bench.

We own Oregon.

Nailed it. If anything, Ski's dunk after the whistle was payback for the two times Oregon did it in the exact same game. Bitching about Ski's dunk makes the Duck fans either oblivious or hypocritical.

I've heard rumors for over a year now that Tad and Dana don't like each other (actually, it's that all the P12 coaches don't like Dana), and I think we saw proof yesterday.

Oregon is a damn good team. I'm with 'Nik - if we want to keep the tie-breaker, we can't have more than 4 losses in conference this year. And that may be pushing it. We got a little lucky that we only get them at home and don't have to go to their house this year. But we will be seeing them in Vegas I have a feeling, and that game will be HUGE.

We definitely see these guys again IMO

Nailed it. If anything, Ski's dunk after the whistle was payback for the two times Oregon did it in the exact same game. Bitching about Ski's dunk makes the Duck fans either oblivious or hypocritical.

Ski was getting trapped on the sideline and Oregon was trying to foul. I don't see how it was anything other than a basketball play to attack the basket in that situation.

Oregon fans.....:cry:

This was a good win. I was pretty pissed off when we were down 10, outscoring Oregon 52 to 32 or whatever it was shows how good we can be and how tough it is to win in the Keg anymore. I do think Oregon is the #3 team in the conference though, so expect to see them again in March.

This was a good win. I was pretty pissed off when we were down 10, outscoring Oregon 52 to 32 or whatever it was shows how good we can be and how tough it is to win in the Keg anymore. I do think Oregon is the #3 team in the conference though, so expect to see them again in March.

I'm not so sure that Oregon isn't the #1 or #2 team. I doubt we'd beat them in Eugene.

You really think Oregon can beat Arizona in the semis?

I actually think CU/Oregon as a 2/3 game in the tourney would be fun - but that is a long way off and anything can happen.

I'm not sure about the tone of this post. Possibly hilarious and rep-worthy.
Rather than make some smarmy assed remark, what is your issue with my comment?
I thought the officiating for the game was really fair. If its about the "sounding like a loser bitching about the officiating", we've all bitched about officiating. I have. But after reading those comments, I'll try to be more discerning.

Basketball officiating sucks, period. Did it impact the outcome of this game? Probably not.

I thought the officiating for the game was really fair. If its about the "sounding like a loser bitching about the officiating", we've all bitched about officiating. I have. But after reading those comments, I'll try to be more discerning.
seriously?

DBT, your rep is that you're the biggest complainer about officials on the board. You even do it in baseball. :lol:

Did you have an epiphany after reading the UO comments?

I genuinely thought you were making a joke in a moment of self-awareness. I wasn't making a smarmy assed remark.

You complain the most about officiating on this board, and it's not even close. You do it in every sport, and in the past, sometime, I posted that no team you root for has ever lost a game--that it's always on the officials.

I thought you were making a joke. I guess I was wrong.

I genuinely thought you were making a joke in a moment of self-awareness. I wasn't making a smarmy assed remark.

You complain the most about officiating on this board, and it's not even close. You do it in every sport, and in the past, sometime, I posted that no team you root for has ever lost a game--that it's always on the officials.

I thought you were making a joke. I guess I was wrong.
You are so full of ****

You are so full of ****

How so?

I genuinely thought you were making a joke about yourself.

Apparently others feel, as I do, that you complain a lot about officiating.

Please explain how I'm full of ****? I mean, I am, but I don't think this thread provides ample evidence.

Oregon is my least favorite team in the conference, hands down. New money, spoiled, entitled, no respect, no insight whatsoever. I can't wait for The Fall.

Back