What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

Me either but hope Mac isn't afraid to do so. Say he does, who are some coaches to look at in that area?

Me either but hope Mac isn't afraid to do so. Say he does, who are some coaches to look at in that area?

If all other responsibilities stay the same and Mac is looking strictly for a ST coordinator to fill the same duties Neinas does/did, I have long been an apologist for James Shibest, currently of Memphis. Consistently gets the most out of his special teams, has coached SEC teams, and recruits Texas. Also can coach tight ends in the event we move Adams over to OL coach down the road, opening a spot to bring in a true RB coach.

If Mac instead chose to replace Neinas with a RB coach and could assign the ST duties to him or elsewhere, it would probably be better to get a younger guy who can vibe with this generation of recruits better. Right now I like the old school guy who's a special teams whisperer.

How confident are we that Neinas actually gets fired?

We really don't know what to expect from MacIntyre on this front. My read on him is that he's loyal and would not be quick to fire anyone.

We really don't know what to expect from MacIntyre on this front. My read on him is that he's loyal and would not be quick to fire anyone.

Our special teams players play is symptomatic of our past recruiting forays into the weeds and swamps of nowhere land. To me its hard to pass judgment on Neinas as this juncture with the list of 'all the things we need to fix' being so much more important then special teams. Did anyone give him credit for the fake punt a couple of weeks back that got us a first down?

I do see that the hate band wagon is alive and well at ABs.... :lol:

Our special teams players play is symptomatic of our past recruiting forays into the weeds and swamps of nowhere land. To me its hard to pass judgment on Neinas as this juncture with the list of 'all the things we need to fix' being so much more important then special teams. Did anyone give him credit for the fake punt a couple of weeks back that got us a first down?

I do see that the hate band wagon is alive and well at ABs.... :lol:

Disagree. UMass starting every possession at the 45 yard line is a pretty damn big deal.

Things continue to unravel at UF:

[tweet]519589014844616704[/tweet]

Crazy 4 days in Gainesville.

Driskel gets benched
Th3 gets accused of sexual assault
Morniweg gets in a fight

UF's top 3 QBs are done

Last edited:
I hope Gary gets the chance. He has been unfairly blackballed and if some of the other scum coaches keep getting chances, he more than deserves a shot. Go Gary Go!

He better hope they don't go back into their film archives to see how he coaches. Wasn't his brightest moment last time he was in Lawrence.
Care to expand? I'm sure they really care about something I assume is minor 11 years after the fact.

He better hope they don't go back into their film archives to see how he coaches. Wasn't his brightest moment last time he was in the Big 12.

FIFY

130-22, combined scores of last three Big 12 games, with the kNU 30-3 and UT 70-3 blowouts nowhere near as close as those scores might indicate.

2004? Ugly game that the Buffs won, but I don't catch your meaning.

If you have followed my post over time you know that I have a lot of respect for GB as a coach. He wasn't great but he was certainly good, and a quality guy.

That said he didn't follow Hawkins don't get to high or low manta very well. Gary's teams tended to play up to or down to the competition, what made him good was that they still tended to get the win even when they played down but it was ugly sometimes.

I'm not going to go back to look up specific games but I remember some times when he was our coach that we didn't look very good against some lousy KU teams. Again to his credit we still won but we weren't exactly impressive.

I know that deep inside he still thinks he can coach, at heart that is what he is. That said I hope he doesn't get the Kansas job because that program is a train wreck that he doesn't have a great chance of turning around. It may not be worse than the Northwestern program he turned around but he was about 20 years younger when he did that.

So what exactly was the point of your earlier post?
Yeah... my last memory of GB in Lawrence was him giving the post game speech to KU's team in KU's locker room.

I sort of think he would want them to remember that...

Back