What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

They won't fire Miles IMO.

They could find a strong candidate as any qualified applicant would be rushing to interview for that job, but in the long run, would they lead the program to more success than Miles could? LSU may find they got a little greedy 5 years down the road once they were without Miles and his players.

I see your point here as well as I see Sacky's. However, I've got to think that some coach with a ton of confidence would look at Michigan and the rest of the Big 10 and see a pretty easy path to premier bowls. That's gotta be attractive to someone.

I bet that guy LSU might think about it. I hear he's tired of the death threats.

Sooo...Michigan lost to Rutgers today. IMHO, that's not what you're looking for if you're Hoke after the week he had.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sooo...Michigan lost to Rutgers today. IMHO, that's not what you're looking for if you're Hoke after the week he had.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True. I hope injuries aren't being used as an excuse for that performance. I think he gets a shot to hang with Penn State and if they go in dry they can fire him on Monday and have the full bye week to implement any changes with the interim staff, see if the team then comes into the Michigan State game with a different attitude, and start talking to athletic director candidates privately so a new one can be in place immediately following the season and finalize a head coaching hire.

Didn't the 49ers front office try to trade Harbaugh to Cleveland or something in the offseason? Harbaugh's issue is with management and that's probably seeping into the locker room.

Didn't the 49ers front office try to trade Harbaugh to Cleveland or something in the offseason? Harbaugh's issue is with management and that's probably seeping into the locker room.

Randy moss said he treats the players like college kids instead of men.

True. I hope injuries aren't being used as an excuse for that performance. I think he gets a shot to hang with Penn State and if they go in dry they can fire him on Monday and have the full bye week to implement any changes with the interim staff, see if the team then comes into the Michigan State game with a different attitude, and start talking to athletic director candidates privately so a new one can be in place immediately following the season and finalize a head coaching hire.
Going in dry at Penn State is a low blow. Repped.

So I had a moment of insanity. Would it be dumb for Michigan to pick up MacIntyre? He has without a doubt improved the team (worst in the country just two years ago) and has them playing better. I don't know if he can take teams to the top, but he can take you from the bottom to an average or possibly better than average team. We all know how dangerous it can be to strike out on consecutive coaches as it makes the rebuild so much more difficult.

So why not take a proven rebuilder to get that base built properly an then toss the big bucks at a guy who can win you a ring.

Unless you can get Miles, Harbaugh or some other proven commodity.

Just a crazy thought I had.

Larry Blakeney retiring at the end of the year. He's 67. Troy used to be a tough draw just a few years after making the I-A move but have lost their mojo recently.

Not a job that would target any of our assistants.

Coach's Hot Seat has Nick Saben #1??? I don't get that, I understand they demand winning and don't understand how to lose gracefully in the south, but with how many mNC, Nicky has sold his soul(s) for, he could probably kill someone in broad daylight in Alabama and not get convicted.

Coach's Hot Seat has Nick Saben #1??? I don't get that, I understand they demand winning and don't understand how to lose gracefully in the south, but with how many mNC, Nicky has sold his soul(s) for, he could probably kill someone in broad daylight in Alabama and not get convicted.
Clicks. Funny story, the latter part actually happened to Craig James.

I think Beamer calls it a day soon. Don't think this is the year though. My guess would be two more seasons. He's 68 this month and they've regressed a bit from a few years ago. Two seasons would put him at 70 years old (he's 68 this month) and probably right around 250 wins at VT and 300 overall. However, there's a large segment of that fan base that feels winning 10 or 11 games a season is their inalienable right and that Beamer is becoming a problem. I know it's crazy talk, but that's an increasingly common line of thought. They should be able to reel off wins this second half of the season as their schedule is the most favorable you'll ever find in a p5 conference.

Mike London is now 4-2 and close to getting himself another year. They've had 5 games at home though and the back half is difficult and road heavy. All he needs to do is reach 6 wins and he'll be fine.

Al Golden and Miami are now 3-3. Still have to face Florida State and visit Virginia Tech, along with a couple other tricky games. It looks like they're headed for 6-6. Not good for year 4, but my hunch is 6-6 probably gets him one last shot next season. Anything worse and he's gone.

Dude has two NCs and a bunch of high finishes and they want to put him on the hot seat for one loss or even one "down" season where he might lose 2-3 games. Not happening.

The only hot seat he is on is if he he accidentally turns on the electric seat warmer in one the luxury cars the local dealers provide him with.

Hmm...Florida has just postponed their regular Monday presser with no explanation given and Spencer Hall just re-tweeted this:

Mark Long@APMarkLong 9m9 minutes ago
What I'm hearing about the Gators, if true, doesn't sound good at all

Not sure if it'll end up being coaching decision related since it'd be odd to can Muschamp after an (admittedly ugly) win. I suppose its possible that they want to be the first premier program to open up to get someone locked down before MI completely resets the pay scale. If its some sort of other cheating or player behavior issue I doubt that would help Muschamp's job prospects either.

Muschamp is a coordinator period, he sucks as a head coach. Yeah they have players on D, shocking, their O is hilariously bad sitting on the hotbed of talent which is Florida.

I wouldn't mind have Champ as our d-coordinator. We'd have one of the best defenses in the nation probably

Dude has two NCs and a bunch of high finishes and they want to put him on the hot seat for one loss or even one "down" season where he might lose 2-3 games. Not happening.

The only hot seat he is on is if he he accidentally turns on the electric seat warmer in one the luxury cars the local dealers provide him and his star players with.

fify.......

Something is up in Gainsville. They've cancelled their Monday press conference for the first time in 20 years. It may just be that Treon Harris, the qb who replaced driskel, is in some trouble. Or muschamp.

Back