What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

GB would be a very good option for KU. The guy can flat out coach, and knows how to turn around a perennial doormat. Hope he gets a look from them.

GB would be a very good option for KU. The guy can flat out coach, and knows how to turn around a perennial doormat. Hope he gets a look from them.
Agreed. I believe he has learned from his mistakes at CU - primarily stopping the recruiting of anyone who remotely appears to be a prima donna and stopping the foot in mouth disease he seemed to get better at overtime at CU.

Not going to happen. It would be a pr nightmare for the school. I really doubt he would even want a HC gig anyway.

Fat Charley didn't put a female kicker on the roster, so he's clear of one mine field. But is Barnett big boned enough to be a prototypical KU HC?

Fat Charley didn't put a female kicker on the roster, so he's clear of one mine field. But is Barnett big boned enough to be a prototypical KU HC?

Ruffin McNeill has all the attributes of an exciting candidate for KU except he slimmed down recently so he's not going to get an interview.

I think GB's name being out there is mostly function of him having a new book and his agent getting his name out.

GB has been out of coaching for 9 years. That's a long time. A lot of his recruiting connections will be gone. Nobody is going to recognize his name outside of a few folks with long memories. I always felt that if he really wanted to get back into coaching, he should have gone the Mike Price or Bob Davie route and taken a job at a mid major in need of a turnaround.

It will be interesting to see Michigan vs. Penn State this weekend. There is a planned "boycott" of the opening kickoff by the UM students - basically they want an empty student section to demonstrate their frustration, then they'll enter the gates after kickoff. Does this remind anyone of the powder blue-out? Tough to fathom that we are 2-4 yet much better off than Michigan is right now.

It will be interesting to see Michigan vs. Penn State this weekend. There is a planned "boycott" of the opening kickoff by the UM students - basically they want an empty student section to demonstrate their frustration, then they'll enter the gates after kickoff. Does this remind anyone of the powder blue-out? Tough to fathom that we are 2-4 yet much better off than Michigan is right now.

Just don't put Plati in charge of counting the number of students in attendance.

I think the only person who is interested in Barnett getting the KU job is Barnett himself. Apparently he has been publicly promoting himself for the position on a satellite radio program.

Ruffin McNeill has all the attributes of an exciting candidate for KU except he slimmed down recently so he's not going to get an interview.

Ruffin McNeill is killing it at East Carolina. He has a pretty easy path to the post season at ECU. If he moves, it will be for a much better job than KU.

Ruffin McNeill is killing it at East Carolina. He has a pretty easy path to the post season at ECU. If he moves, it will be for a much better job than KU.

What you say about McNeill is true. If he keeps having success at ECU somebody bigger is going to come calling.

It may be that he interviews with Kansas as a way of reminding people that he is a "hot" candidate to move up then if offered the job turns it down and waits for a better offer using KU as a stepping stone to that better offer. Wouldn't be that different than what Butch Jones did with us before jumping on the Tennessee job.

By the way now some rumors that Jones is trying to get himself into the mix for Michigan when Hoke is fired.

What you say about McNeill is true. If he keeps having success at ECU somebody bigger is going to come calling.

It may be that he interviews with Kansas as a way of reminding people that he is a "hot" candidate to move up then if offered the job turns it down and waits for a better offer using KU as a stepping stone to that better offer. Wouldn't be that different than what Butch Jones did with us before jumping on the Tennessee job.

By the way now some rumors that Jones is trying to get himself into the mix for Michigan when Hoke is fired.
Food Cart Effect

Buffalo open, HC Jeff Quinn canned.

SMU
KU
Buffalo
Troy St. all in play.

Buffalo opening midseason is strange so I wonder if that means he lost the locker room. I can't imagine it's to get a head start on competing with Michigan for candidates. The MAC is not having a good year and the bottom half of teams are downright terrible. Turner Gill back to Buffalo? I'm sure they would embrace him with open arms for the slight relevance he brought to them.

Buffalo opening midseason is strange so I wonder if that means he lost the locker room. I can't imagine it's to get a head start on competing with Michigan for candidates. The MAC is not having a good year and the bottom half of teams are downright terrible. Turner Gill back to Buffalo? I'm sure they would embrace him with open arms for the slight relevance he brought to them.

If Gill has any patience, Liberty will be a better job than Buffalo in just a few short years. Liberty wants to join FBS (Sun Belt, probably). Liberty is experiencing ridiculously explosive growth and has plenty of cash. Type of program that could walk into a non p5 FBS conference and be a winner right from the start. Beats a decaying Buffalo program.

I am pretty sure that Muschamp is done at Florida. Which means that both Michigan and Florida will be out looking a "proven" big time coach. This will probably start a domino effect.

I am pretty sure that Muschamp is done at Florida. Which means that both Michigan and Florida will be out looking a "proven" big time coach. This will probably start a domino effect.

Perfect timing if CU is looking for a new DLine coach and Def Coordinator after this season - let's get them both.

The word in DFW yesterday was that SMU has offered Mac Brown 4mill per with an 8yr contract. Mac is 63 this seems like desperate measures for the Ponies, but the hopes are the Big XII actually expands to 12 and they have a favorite son in Mac.

The word in DFW yesterday was that SMU has offered Mac Brown 4mill per with an 8yr contract. Mac is 63 this seems like desperate measures for the Ponies, but the hopes are the Big XII actually expands to 12 and they have a favorite son in Mac.

Dumb move IMO.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...mu-willing-to-pay-mack-brown-4-million-a-year
SMU officials have already had preliminary discussions with former Texas coach Mack Brown, floating $4 million annually over eight years, sources say.
I think it is a good move. SMU would instantly get a massive bump in recruiting and would get back to regular participation in bowl games. Whether it translates to a Big 12 invite is a completely different story. Nothing in it for TCU, F***Bailer, UT, or OU - I don't think it would get the votes.

They should spend that money on someone like McElwain. Up and coming, hungry coach.

Yeah Muschamp is done. Chip Kelly's name already being floated out there.

Colin Cowherd said he has heard Kelly would listen if UF called. Take that for what it is worth though....

Back