What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

I think the guy's got way too many teams listed, and not sure CU was ever a destination job. I think that requires a huge rabid fan base and there's a reason Folsom Field only seats 53k ish people.

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/Bolt/Spurriers-2-3-more-years-comment-is-backfiring-33803214

South Carolina recruits are being poached due to Spurrier's '2-3 more years' comment.

The Gamecocks have roster issues, due in part to the lack of talent in the state of South Carolina in recent cycles, due in part to a downgrade across the board in terms of assistant coaches and their ability to evaluate and recruit, due in part to a lack of roster-building plan.

Nice sentence brah

With some places, its the system. Is Michigan State really that good a job if Mark Dantonio were to leave? I don't think Nebraska belongs on that list-You have a fanbase who still thinks they should be winning 10-12 a year, and you are in the Big 10.....which makes recruiting in TX and CA that much harder. Wisconsin is proving they aren't a destination gig either-academics a pain, I think our assistant salary pool right now is bigger (correct me if I'm wrong anyone), and Alvarez has shown over the last couple years that he likes to micromanage the football coach. Louisville? Please. Let's remember who is the coach there. Somebody else could tell Petrino-"Bobby, if you take this job, we'll limit your secretary pool to only blondes." He'd probably be all over it. Miami? Not right now-Its gonna take them a little while to recover from Shapiro. I'd agree with you on the two Mississippi schools-I think they're good jobs because the expectations aren't through the roof. Both schools overachieved, and both coaches will get rather large increases (Freeze already has, I assume one is coming for Mullen) this offseason. Stanford? I don't know. Let's see what would happen to that program if David Shaw were to go to the NFL.

Flounder-You're wrong. It was this time 15 years ago, but its not now. If you are in an epically bad stretch like we are, you're not a destination job. If you are still recovering from any sort of massively bad pub (see Miami, Penn State), you don't belong on that list.

Flounder-You're wrong. It was this time 15 years ago, but its not now. If you are in an epically bad stretch like we are, you're not a destination job. If you are still recovering from any sort of massively bad pub (see Miami, Penn State), you don't belong on that list.

This very moment we are not a destination. In 2016 we are. We can recruit Texas and Cali. We can tap into Zona. We are Utah but with better academics, mountains, slopes, bitches, weed, beer, facilities, stadium, and it's been scientifically proven living in Boulder, Colorado can as a matter of fact make your willy longer.

**** Utah.
**** Nebraska.
**** the big-12 and PAC-12.
**** tom osboner.
**** the pay decade.

We are the University of Colorado.

Heisman winners and National Champions play here.

Ralphie ****ing runs here.

We are the Golden Buffaloes and
WE WILL ****ING GORE YOU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This very moment we are not a destination. In 2016 we are. We can recruit Texas and Cali. We can tap into Zona. We are Utah but with better academics, mountains, slopes, bitches, weed, beer, facilities, stadium, and it's been scientifically proven living in Boulder, Colorado can as a matter of fact make your willy longer.

**** Utah.
**** Nebraska.
**** the big-12 and PAC-12.
**** tom osboner.
**** the pay decade.

We are the University of Colorado.

Heisman winners and National Champions play here.

Ralphie ****ing runs here.

We are the Golden Buffaloes and
WE WILL ****ING GORE YOU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The very fact that you are comparing us to Utah blows up your argument.

Right, Steckel's 57, so maybe he's just ready to get his own program regardless. But you'd think he could've landed an FBS gig instead.

I think you're right about the FCS gig but his age is a factor.

This one lets him be a HC and let's him stay in the state of Missouri. He has the recruiting connections set up with the coaches there even though he will be looking at a different level of recruit.

Bigger thing might be his wife having friends she wants to stay close to. Don't know if he has kids in school in Missouri but same issue.

Right, Steckel's 57, so maybe he's just ready to get his own program regardless. But you'd think he could've landed an FBS gig instead.

This one lets him be a HC and let's him stay in the state of Missouri. He has the recruiting connections set up with the coaches there even though he will be looking at a different level of recruit.

Bigger thing might be his wife having friends she wants to stay close to. Don't know if he has kids in school in Missouri but same issue.

Both comments seem pretty accurate. Steck strikes me as a low key guy who can be content where he is without looking for the bright lights. He's been a fixture on that Mizzou defense since Pinkel has been there and I started to figure he'd retire there. If he were more about generating publicity then we would have heard plenty more over the years about big budget and blue blood schools trying to poach him for their DC vacancies. MSU is a good sized FCS school who had brief success when they started sponsoring football but have been quite mediocre since. The standard for wins will not put him in a pressure cooker early on and he can choose to finish his career there or return to a DC job at a power 5 school should he decide he prefers that.

His brother Les was an assistant at CU and coached a few places in the NFL.

I think he choked a parking attendant. I thought they should have given him medal, personally.

They might've had it comin I agree.

But yeah, the stuff with Wristen, I think it gets brought up with every potential job, it's a big reason he's at CSU-Pueblo in the first place.

Haven't heard a thing on that search since Sparkles left-Seems like they're giving Dave Baldwin a working interview.

The Wristen conversation is an interesting one for the state of Colorado's college football teams because of what he has done at Pueblo with a large number of in-state talents. If CSU was looking to sustain long-term success in their conference they should look to someone like Wristen who already has a relationship with the high school coaches in the state and has a reputation for getting the best play from them and also for being open to the "second chance" guys who fall from bigger programs. CSU this year or UNC in a year or two when they are looking again should pull the trigger because I don't see how he would be a worse option than the rest of the of guys willing to go there.

49ers eliminated from playoffs. This will be the best possible shot that Michigan will ever have to land Harbaugh. NFL regular season ends in 2 weeks before the end of the recruiting dead period.

49ers eliminated from playoffs. This will be the best possible shot that Michigan will ever have to land Harbaugh. NFL regular season ends in 2 weeks before the end of the recruiting dead period.

I don't see it happening unless the 49ers fire him, but with another year on his contact, why would they? There would be plenty of teams who would love Harbaugh, so I can see SF trading him to another NFL team, but not sure how he ends up in a college job.

I don't see it happening unless the 49ers fire him, but with another year on his contact, why would they? There would be plenty of teams who would love Harbaugh, so I can see SF trading him to another NFL team, but not sure how he ends up in a college job.

He leaves by mutual agreement.

It's looking more like the Niner's want him gone. There is some question about if they could trade him to a place he doesn't want to go, and if he makes it clear he doesn't want to go it would make no sense for a team to trade for him. You don't build a team on a coach who will be with you for one unhappy year of a contract.

He leaves by mutual agreement.

It's looking more like the Niner's want him gone. There is some question about if they could trade him to a place he doesn't want to go, and if he makes it clear he doesn't want to go it would make no sense for a team to trade for him. You don't build a team on a coach who will be with you for one unhappy year of a contract.

There's truth to that, but he's a valuable, tradeable asset in the NFL so I don't see the 9ers letting him go somewhere like Michigan just for a cash settlement.

I'll check FlightAware for Harbaugh's plane to the Fort. I see more sleepovers in the immediate future.

There's truth to that, but he's a valuable, tradeable asset in the NFL so I don't see the 9ers letting him go somewhere like Michigan just for a cash settlement.

Only if he's willing to go.

No team is going to trade for him if he makes it clear that he will only be there for one year to fulfill the terms of the contract.

He holds the cards if he is willing to be stubborn and refuse to play the game, and Harbaugh has a history of being stubborn.

Back