What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

Fox Sports/Radio Talk says that Norm Chow is leaving Hawaii for the Offensive Coordinator gig at Oklahoma.

Fox Sports/Radio Talk says that Norm Chow is leaving Hawaii for the Offensive Coordinator gig at Oklahoma.

Whoa. That is a little bit of a shocker. He has a servicable QB in Wittek and the admin. gave him another year, even after having two bad seasons. I guess UH is not the job for him.

Excellent news on the UH front. Makes winning that first game that much easier, especially breaking in the new defensive scheme. I was sweating that first game because I think if Colorado wins then the team has serious momentum and is staring at a 4-0 start pre-conference.

Bad hire by Stoops. Don't be that nice Duff.

That said, takes a load off my mind. Hope Clune goes elsewhere. His D gave us fits.

That would be such a weird hire by Stoops. Would probably be a significant change in their O scheme. I guess maybe he's just desperate for somebody that can get their QB's squared away.

I heard it on the Sports Animal Tulsa. They (Pat Jones) weren't convinced it was happening, but said Fox Sports said it was pretty much a done deal.

There's a lot of jokes about this on twitter.

[tweet]552905079485763586[/tweet]

Brian Schottenheimer has never coordinated good offenses. He was terrible with the Jets and he's been awful with STL. I feel like the "lololololol" is because nobody can understand how he still has a job as an OC.

Hawaii was a well coached team with essentially no talent. I think Chow still knows how to run a solid offense, and he also knows Hawaii's football program is hanging on a thread.

Might we be replacing that game on the schedule? Certainly adds truth to the rumor...

Hawaii was a well coached team with essentially no talent. I think Chow still knows how to run a solid offense, and he also knows Hawaii's football program is hanging on a thread.

Chow was a bust in Utah as an OC. He's as pertinent in today's College Game as Mike Shanahan is in the Pro Game. They've proven that time passed them by. Bad hire.

I don't think they'll shutter the program yet. I do think it's likely that they will hire an internal guy, not give him much of a raise, and allow the program to die a slow death. It's a lot easier to drop a program after 5-6 years of 1-11 seasons. They're not there... yet.

The situation at the UH athletic department is dire.

I doubt it does happen, but even if it does, don't you think anybody who is playing Hawaii would get a waiver to replace them? regardless of 12-13 games?

No. There's no justification for that. I don't think it would suck either. Nothing to be gained by playing Hawaii. Lose and it kills your season, win and so what, you still got to win 6 other games to get into a bowl game. So no benefit, just wears you out.

No. There's no justification for that. I don't think it would suck either. Nothing to be gained by playing Hawaii. Lose and it kills your season, win and so what, you still got to win 6 other games to get into a bowl game. So no benefit, just wears you out.

Except that this team needs practice and the shot in the arm a win provides.

Except that this team needs practice and the shot in the arm a win provides.

The shot in the arm that taking on that team on the road can provide-However bad Hawaii might be, they are still tough on the islands......Ask Washington and Oregon State about that.

The shot in the arm that taking on that team on the road can provide-However bad Hawaii might be, they are still tough on the islands......Ask Washington and Oregon State about that.

I'd take my chances if Chow leaves. They will be a hot mess at that point.

Chow was a bust in Utah as an OC. He's as pertinent in today's College Game as Mike Shanahan is in the Pro Game. They've proven that time passed them by. Bad hire.

EVERY OC who works with Kyle Legend-in-his-own-mind Wittingham is a bust! He's had 8 OC's in 8 years and none of them got along with KW.

That has got be one weird place if you're an OC.

EVERY OC who works with Kyle Legend-in-his-own-mind Wittingham is a bust! He's had 8 OC's in 8 years and none of them got along with KW.

That has got be one weird place if you're an OC.
Are you kw? I'm somewhat offensive, and we've never gotten along.

Back