What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

With recruiting now open and three weeks to National Signing Day, here are the 25 best open jobs in college football. (Note: jobs are listed by alphabetical order.)
- Alabama: linebackers coach (two openings)
- Arkansas: offensive coordinator & linebackers
- California: receivers & offensive line
- Colorado: defensive coordinator + 1 additional full time defensive position
- Florida: wide receivers coach
- Illinois: special teams coordinator & defensive line
- Kentucky: special teams coordinator/safeties coach
- Missouri: safeties coach
- Nebraska: wide receivers coach
- North Carolina: linebackers or safeties (1 position)
- Oklahoma: defensive backs & receivers
- Pittsburgh: wide receivers coach & corners
- Texas: wide receivers & tight ends / special teams
- Texas A&M: wide receivers coach
- TCU: cornerbacks coach
- USC: Offensive line
- Utah: offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator & 1 additional full time defensive position
- Utah State: offensive coordinator & defensive coordinator
- Washington State: linebackers coach
- Wisconsin: receivers + 1 defensive assistant + 1 more

http://footballscoop.com/news/open-jobs/

Ian Rapoport reporting the Falcons are very likely to hire Seattle DC Dan Quinn as their head coach. Interestingly, he lists current Seattle DB coach Kris Richard as a probable candidate to take over the DC job if Quinn leaves.

Rumors that Lane Kiffin is the frontrunner to become the 49ers OC. Doesn't really impact the Buffs but I found it interesting.

Just saw that klis tweeted the bengals owner denied Vance Joseph a promotion to the Broncos defensive coordinator position. How in the hell is that possible.

Just saw that klis tweeted the bengals owner denied Vance Joseph a promotion to the Broncos defensive coordinator position. How in the hell is that possible.

Seems odd that he can't get out of his contract. Also means bengals will be last on the list for asst. coaches in the future.

Doesn't sound right. Seems like a buyout would be implemented, and maybe that's what is really keeping this from happening.

If the owner/gm actually worded this as a denial of promotion then I would expect some form of backlash whether it be legal or coaches association or something else.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but if advancement clauses aren't in an assistant's contract, should an organization be obligated to let one of their coaches go if he's still under contract? Obviously, there's a matter of professional courtesy and keeping your organization a desirable place to work, but if the Bengals choose not the allow their coaches under contract seek employment elsewhere, it's their prerogative, right?

Just playing devil's advocate here, but if advancement clauses aren't in an assistant's contract, should an organization be obligated to let one of their coaches go if he's still under contract? Obviously, there's a matter of professional courtesy and keeping your organization a desirable place to work, but if the Bengals choose not the allow their coaches under contract seek employment elsewhere, it's their prerogative, right?

Agree but if the NFL is really concerned with the advancement of minority candidates like they claim, then this is unacceptable.

Agree but if the NFL is really concerned with the advancement of minority candidates like they claim, then this is unacceptable.

I agree that this is all a crock of ****, but the Rooney Rule and this situation aren't really tied to one another. It kind of looks that way because the Broncos used him to fulfill the Rooney Rule (with zero chance of him getting the HC job) but it isn't the RR that's holding him back from advancement.

This is not related to the Rooney Rule.

It is a strange business decision by Cincinnati, though. Technically, they can exercise all rights within their contracts, federal/state laws, and League by-laws. Practically, it's not a move that makes the organization a "first choice" for coaches they may want to hire in the future, pisses off agents they will rely on to sign free agents, and keeps an employee against his will with the accompanying hit to the esprit de corps. Would have been much better to let it happen but demand a 7th round pick or some cash from the Broncos for the release of rights.

It is a strange business decision by Cincinnati, though. Technically, they can exercise all rights within their contracts, federal/state laws, and League by-laws. Practically, it's not a move that makes the organization a "first choice" for coaches they may want to hire in the future, pisses off agents they will rely on to sign free agents, and keeps an employee against his will with the accompanying hit to the esprit de corps. Would have been much better to let it happen but demand a 7th round pick or some cash from the Broncos for the release of rights.

I guess this could just be a negotiating position.

I guess this could just be a negotiating position.

Or it's getting late in the hiring cycle and the Bengals don't want to lose one of their best assistants and be stuck interviewing scraps to replace him. This happens all the time. It just so happens that it involves this Broncos this time. Boo hoo.

Or it's getting late in the hiring cycle and the Bengals don't want to lose one of their best assistants and be stuck interviewing scraps to replace him. This happens all the time. It just so happens that it involves this Broncos this time. Boo hoo.

Honestly asking: can you please provide an example (examples)?

I cannot recall any NFL team refusing to let a coach out of contract for a clear promotion. There have been a few instances of refusal to allow interview during postseason, but that's all I can think of.

This. we've seen time and time again that the coaching community is really small. I can't imagine that this action makes Cincinnati an attractive destination for up and coming coaches.

Honestly asking: can you please provide an example (examples)?

I cannot recall any NFL team refusing to let a coach out of contract for a clear promotion. There have been a few instances of refusal to allow interview during postseason, but that's all I can think of.

This. we've seen time and time again that the coaching community is really small. I can't imagine that this action makes Cincinnati an attractive destination for up and coming coaches.

Yep - the Green Bay Packers, pretty much every year.

Yep - the Green Bay Packers, pretty much every year.

Also, Rod Chubski of the Colts this year. Any more brain busters?

Unless I'm mistaken, those are examples of teams denying other teams the right to interview their coaches as candidates, which I view as completely different than allowing a coach to interview and then denying the right to get out of a contract.

Am I mistaken?

If not, can you provide any examples where a coach interviewed for a position and then was denied the right to leave his contract after the interview had occurred?

Unless I'm mistaken, those are examples of teams denying other teams the right to interview their coaches as candidates, which I view as completely different than allowing a coach to interview and then denying the right to get out of a contract.

Am I mistaken?

If not, can you provide any examples where a coach interviewed for a position and then was denied the right to leave his contract after the interview had occurred?

But he was interviewed for the position of HEAD COACH, and he didn't get the job.

Back