What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

Coaching Carousel news:

Arkansas hired Dan Enos as its OC. Enos has been the HC at C Michigan for the past 5 years and still had the job despite having much less success than his predecessor (Butch Jones). Not often we see a guy leave a D1 HC job to become a coordinator. It was a raise of almost $200k per year, though ($550k).

Then explain to me why he is one of the top paid QB's in the league. It ain't for his "winning" personality...
Because the Bears really messed up by letting him get into a contract year and severely overpaid him. NFL QB market has become ridiculous over the last 4-5 years, not necessarily a mark of ability. Cutler is not a good QB, the record and stats back it up.

Those other guys didn't last long enough in the league to get to their second or third contracts. Cutler not only managed to stick around but to get a team to invest a couple first rounders trading for him and a ridiculous contract to keep him.

What is most frustrating for the fans of whatever team his is on is that he is not universally terrible. He has just enough good games to make coaches and GMs believe that he can be turned around and be a superstar with that arm.

I've seen a few guys struggle for the first couple or even few years then kick it in and be good. Cutler has been around long enough now that any realistic odds that a team is going to get anything different than what he has been are very slim.

Still the NFL is a QB driven league and there are so few even competent QBs out there that there is bound to be some GM and or coach who thinks they can "fix" him and win with him.

Because the Bears really messed up by letting him get into a contract year and severely overpaid him. NFL QB market has become ridiculous over the last 4-5 years, not necessarily a mark of ability. Cutler is not a good QB, the record and stats back it up.

Who said he was good? Go back and re-read the comments.
Cutler sucks but not because of physical talent.

CoachingSearch.com reporting Seahawks DC will become the Atlanta Falcons HC after the Super Bowl is over.

CoachingSearch.com reporting Seahawks DC will become the Atlanta Falcons HC after the Super Bowl is over.

Footballscoop has him looking to Denver rather than Seattle for his DC.

Atlanta Falcons: Denver linebackers coach Richard Smith “will likely be the defensive coordinator” for the Falcons and [Redskins DB Coach] Raheem Morris’ title will be assistant head coach according to a report from Albert Breer.

Footballscoop has him looking to Denver rather than Seattle for his DC.

Atlanta Falcons: Denver linebackers coach Richard Smith “will likely be the defensive coordinator” for the Falcons and [Redskins DB Coach] Raheem Morris’ title will be assistant head coach according to a report from Albert Breer.
Does this increase your hope that we land Seto? I'd be very happy with Seto, Norton or Richards from Seattle.

I would be happy with a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk at this point. Very embarrassing scenario for CU.
Much less embarrassing if we are waiting to announce a DC that is coaching in the Superbowl as opposed to swinging and missing at every coach in the NCAA.
At this point the timing and total lack of rumors out there, makes it a little more hopeful that it is Seto or Norton and we just locked everything down and are sitting tight lipped. Of course expectations can be a bitch.

I would be happy with a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk at this point. Very embarrassing scenario for CU.

I think this **** is going to take a long time to fix.

Much less embarrassing if we are waiting to announce a DC that is coaching in the Superbowl as opposed to swinging and missing at every coach in the NCAA.
At this point the timing and total lack of rumors out there, makes it a little more hopeful that it is Seto or Norton and we just locked everything down and are sitting tight lipped. Of course expectations can be a bitch.

All I can say to you, as advice, is that you plan your post didn't hire a superbowl coach scenario out very carefully beforehand.

You forget the advantage of being this ****ty is that no one outside of this website gives a ****. Utah does not have an OC or a DC as far as I can tell, and I never hear **** about it cause no-one cares outside of the fanatics. It's not good that they haven't hired anyone (for recruiting and planning) but its not really embarrassing.

You forget the advantage of being this ****ty is that no one outside of this website gives a ****. Utah does not have an OC or a DC as far as I can tell, and I never hear **** about it cause no-one cares outside of the fanatics. It's not good that they haven't hired anyone (for recruiting and planning) but its not really embarrassing.
Yup.

Any "damage" done by not getting a guy right away will be immediately fixed if they make a decent hire. There will be far more positive pub from a good hire than there has been negative pub about the length of the search.

That said, if they make a bad hire...

Yup.

Any "damage" done by not getting a guy right away will be immediately fixed if they make a decent hire. There will be far more positive pub from a good hire than there has been negative pub about the length of the search.

That said, if they make a bad hire...

It's hard when you realize your not nationally or even regionally relevant anymore. When once upon a time you were both. And you self imposed your slide into irrelevance. Maybe someday we will be somebody again. Until then, we must find more diamonds in the ruff... Sigh.

Maybe an internal embarrassment. Once a hire is made, the hire will be noted by national media and the majority of Buff fans for the first time. I doubt there will be anything embarrassing in how it's reported or perceived unless CU calls the wrong Wink Martindale's agent or something.

Maybe an internal embarrassment. Once a hire is made, the hire will be noted by national media and the majority of Buff fans for the first time. I doubt there will be anything embarrassing in how it's reported or perceived unless CU calls the wrong Wink Martindale's agent or something.
Good thing Sparkles is not a candidate, then. He is such a stickler about those kinds of details.

Back