What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

Oh its not ironclad at all..........he's gone after this year-I just think its to a bigger job than KU. KU will go with somebody with ties to Mangino. Michigan is in the same situation that SC was in last year-they can talk about home runs (like anyone with the last name Harbaugh) all they want, but they'll wind up having to go with a guy they know will say yes.

Oh its not ironclad at all..........he's gone after this year-I just think its to a bigger job than KU. KU will go with somebody with ties to Mangino. Michigan is in the same situation that SC was in last year-they can talk about home runs (like anyone with the last name Harbaugh) all they want, but they'll wind up having to go with a guy they know will say yes.

I don't think he's close to dumb enough to take the Kansas job. He's worked way to hard to take a career killer like that one.

Agree completely with Sacky and others, Michigan despite a few rough years is still one of the elite jobs in college football.

They have a huge stadium which until recently was filled for every game.

Is everyone who agrees with you over 45? do they all love the pageantry of FB? was Mike Bohn a decent AD to them? is your idea of elite 15+? Michigan is not what it once was, it isnt big1G 1.b as asserted by someone else in this thread. Wiscy? MSU? OSU? all percieved way better now than before, the Wolverines are kNU lite/CU heavy, and I say that as someone who grew up a Wolverines fan. It is tough job in a could place who's prime has passed it.

Hope sparkles doesnt leave. Dont like the thought of any csu coach with a winning record against cu

All he's done is lose against a little of 50% opposition and win against about 40% opposition. I think the P5 schools will see through that. He's got to do a lot better - maybe he will, maybe he won't. But he won't get there on his current glory at CSU.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but Major Applewhite has thrown his hat in the ring at SMU, His play calling and coaching at UT was so bad that might lead them to a self imposed Death Sentence Part Deaux

I don't know if this has been mentioned but Major Applewhite has thrown his hat in the ring at SMU, His play calling and coaching at UT was so bad that might lead them to a self imposed Death Sentence Part Deaux

An assistant coach has to get a start somewhere. Plus, SMU will likely pay close to $2 million a year for their next head coach. Hard to pass up that money. Even if he gets fired after 3 or 4 seasons, he will have made about $10 million by coaching there. I'd take $10 million to be a ****ty coach for a few years. Jon Embree may have been the stupidest coach I've ever seen, but he's a rich stupid coach.

Plus I hear SMU has some hot coeds.

Is everyone who agrees with you over 45? do they all love the pageantry of FB? was Mike Bohn a decent AD to them? is your idea of elite 15+? Michigan is not what it once was, it isnt big1G 1.b as asserted by someone else in this thread. Wiscy? MSU? OSU? all percieved way better now than before, the Wolverines are kNU lite/CU heavy, and I say that as someone who grew up a Wolverines fan. It is tough job in a could place who's prime has passed it.

Dude. It's Michigan. Don't try to bury the team with the most wins in NCAA history.

I see your point here as well as I see Sacky's. However, I've got to think that some coach with a ton of confidence would look at Michigan and the rest of the Big 10 and see a pretty easy path to premier bowls. That's gotta be attractive to someone.

All he's done is lose against a little of 50% opposition and win against about 40% opposition. I think the P5 schools will see through that. He's got to do a lot better - maybe he will, maybe he won't. But he won't get there on his current glory at CSU.

Maybe you should look at MacIntyre's record before he got the CU job and what teams he was playing. Programs are looking at more than wins and loses. McElwain took over a program that had not much success in it history - a couple of blips from time to time. They were getting 3 wins a year when he took over. If CSU has a good year he will get long looks from a lot of programs in the P5 conference.

Michigan is a top tier job - money, facilities, support, recruiting base, etc. The challenge for Programs like Michigan is that top coaches are tough to lure out of their jobs. They are not going to get Miles or Saban. Maybe they will go after McCartney.....:lol:

I am forced to admit that Sparkles is better than I thought he would be. CSU is just a solid, well coached group. Nothing flashy, don't have the horses to become Boise, but they should be consistently in the top third of the MWC and have some potential to knock off a P5 school from time to time.

Michigan is a top tier job - money, facilities, support, recruiting base, etc. The challenge for Programs like Michigan is that top coaches are tough to lure out of their jobs. They are not going to get Miles or Saban. Maybe they will go after McCartney.....:lol:
Actually, Michigan has more wins than any other program in CFB, I can't imagine that any coach would not consider it given the right package.

Maybe you should look at MacIntyre's record before he got the CU job and what teams he was playing. Programs are looking at more than wins and loses. McElwain took over a program that had not much success in it history - a couple of blips from time to time. They were getting 3 wins a year when he took over. If CSU has a good year he will get long looks from a lot of programs in the P5 conference.

He also isn't going to be considered only on his CSU record.

That entry as the OC for national championship teams at Bama isn't going to be ignored.

Generally speaking once the top 2-3 candidates who are willing to leave a successfull mid P5 school are gone the next step in the coaching ladder is to either find a successfull coach at a mid-major types school or find a coordinator at a top school. Sparkles brings both of those to the table.

For a program looking for a revival he'd be an easy sell. Head coaching experience and success, check, experience with a highly ranked program with high expectations, check. No significant negative marks on his record, check as well.

Gary Anderson had a .500 record at Utah State and he parlayed that into the Wisconsin job......if the goats win 10 or 11, Michigan is foolish if they dont look at him. That being said, I think we can all agree sparkles bolts after this year......

Gary Anderson had a .500 record at Utah State and he parlayed that into the Wisconsin job......if the goats win 10 or 11, Michigan is foolish if they dont look at him. That being said, I think we can all agree sparkles bolts after this year......

Especially since he loses his senior QB, his best offensive lineman, two senior LBs, senior TE, and a number of other starting or depth seniors. Fairchilds recruiting dropped so the players following are not of the same quality.

This year may be his best shot at a high finish that would propel him into a much better job.

Plus I hear SMU has some hot coeds.

harpersbazaar.jpg

photo-2-e1349203494626.jpg

smu-fashion-week.jpg

The new DFW rumor is Mack Brown to SMU, he could bring Major with him as OC / HC in waiting,... get the band back together or something along those lines. I think Mack has had it personally but he could convince so kids to go to The Hill. They don't call him Coach February for nothing.

The new DFW rumor is Mack Brown to SMU, he could bring Major with him as OC / HC in waiting,... get the band back together or something along those lines. I think Mack has had it personally but he could convince so kids to go to The Hill. They don't call him Coach February for nothing.

Like I said, Mack Brown and Larry Brown on the same campus would be all kinds of awesome.

Very interesting article on who might be the next Michigan coach. The piece propped up Les Miles, with sources saying that at this time he would jump.

But the most interesting part to me was about Jim Harbaugh:

As for Harbaugh, most in the coaching world anticipate him staying in San Francisco or possibly taking another NFL job. But if he does leave for a college gig, those close to Harbaugh told an ESPN colleague that it would be for Kansas. Yes, Kansas.

The last time the KU job was open, Harbaugh strongly considered leaving Stanford for Lawrence. So some believe the embattled Niners coach would again kick it around.

Harbaugh’s wife is from Kansas City and, evidently, the man has great affinity for the Sunflower State.

"He's just crazy enough to do it," a Harbaugh confidant told Seth Wickersham, who wrote a definitive profile of Harbaugh for ESPN The Magazine.

Why not Michigan? I'm told that Harbaugh is just too maniacal, given the current state of things and the prideful way that the school's administration postures. UM administration isn't wont to "sell out" for a winner. Miles strikes a balance.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/travis-haney/post?id=3654

"Miles strikes a balance"? Between what? Habitual grass eater and crazy play caller (that somehow ends up working even though everyone knows it shouldn't have)?

Kansas beating Texas and The okie schools would be so ****ing hilarious. Rock Chalk!

What are the jobs that will open up this year in the P5 conferences?

Kansas already.
Florida is likely
West Virginia
Purdue
Probably other ones out there

Back