What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

Regardless, I think this is a great hire, and now the third in a row that looks to be a winner. Whatever firm they are using is great.

Regardless, I think this is a great hire, and now the third in a row that looks to be a winner. Whatever firm they are using is great.

Not a done deal yet. Sounds like some additional interviews are being conducted today. Narduzzi's name is also being floated out there in the twitter-verse. That would be an absolute coup if they were able to somehow pry him out of Michigan State

Last edited:
Not a done deal yet. Sounds like some additional interviews are being conducted today. Narduzzi's name is also being floated out there in the twitter-verse. That would be an absolute coup if they were able to somehow pry him out of Michigan State

Narduzzi has a great resume, and he'd be a tremendous HC if/when he ever gets the opportunity, but I don't get how he makes sense at CSU. I attached his bio, but here it is in a nutshell:

Native of Connecticut
Played college ball at Youngstown State and Rhode Island

With the exception of one year at Northern Illinois, he's never coached at a school west of Michigan State.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Narduzzi

Seems a little too square peg in a round hole the way I see it. If I were Tony Frank, I'd hire Billy Gonzales. He doesn't have the big name coordinator appeal that Frost does, but I think your personnel would fit better in an Urban Meyer/Dan Mullen system than the Chip Kelly offense that I bet Frost would bring to Fort Collins. I think the ties to CSU and Denver make him a better fit.....If Frost takes the job and is successful, he's probably the guy that takes over for Mike Riley in Lincoln in 4-5 years. Gonzales might stay up there a while.

C2CC - Do you think Baldwin would stick around if Frost gets the gig? He's definitely lobbying hard for the job; I can imagine he'd be pretty bent if he got passed over.

C2CC - Do you think Baldwin would stick around if Frost gets the gig? He's definitely lobbying hard for the job; I can imagine he'd be pretty bent if he got passed over.

Not sure. I think most would like to see him stay on, but no one really knows who the next guy will want to bring on.

Last edited:
Narduzzi has a great resume, and he'd be a tremendous HC if/when he ever gets the opportunity, but I don't get how he makes sense at CSU. I attached his bio, but here it is in a nutshell:

Native of Connecticut
Played college ball at Youngstown State and Rhode Island

With the exception of one year at Northern Illinois, he's never coached at a school west of Michigan State.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Narduzzi

Seems a little too square peg in a round hole the way I see it. If I were Tony Frank, I'd hire Billy Gonzales. He doesn't have the big name coordinator appeal that Frost does, but I think your personnel would fit better in an Urban Meyer/Dan Mullen system than the Chip Kelly offense that I bet Frost would bring to Fort Collins. I think the ties to CSU and Denver make him a better fit.....If Frost takes the job and is successful, he's probably the guy that takes over for Mike Riley in Lincoln in 4-5 years. Gonzales might stay up there a while.

Gonzales went to Thornton HS and played at CSU. He has deep roots here. I don't know how good a head coach he would be but he looks to be a guy who has been successful with every step up he's taken in the coaching ranks.

He may eventually want to step up to a bigger budget P5 program as well but he would likely be much more stable at CSU than Frost, Narduzi, or most others who they would look at. Those guys look at a school like CSU as a means to get to their next step while a guy like Gonazales, and maybe Lubbick with his ties, would be happier to stay in Ft. Collins longer waiting for the right step up instead of the first step up.

So many CSU posts that I don't know if the other announcements from today got posted:

Bo Pelini to Youngstown State
Tom Herman (Ohio State OC) to Houston is official
Bob Stitt to Montana is official

So many CSU posts that I don't know if the other announcements from today got posted:

Herman salary reportedly $1.35MM per year. What in the world was SMU doing paying Chad Morris around $3MM per year? I think Houston got the better coach for a far better price.

Does anybody know the money on Pelini?

One more thing-Sparkles is hiring Mississippi State DC Geoff Collins to the same role in gatorland. It'll be interesting to see what happens with DJ Durkin.

Kalani Sitake....?

That would be a big step down from the names being bounded around IMO.... but my perception is based upon the game I saw this season against Utah, and they looked pretty mediocre to me.

Kalani Sitake....?

That would be a big step down from the names being bounded around IMO.... but my perception is based upon the game I saw this season against Utah, and they looked pretty mediocre to me.

If you were the guys agent. And you wanted to get him a raise. And you had a fax machine...

Georgia reporting their OC, Bobo, is a CSU candidate. My Dawg husband is praying for this to happen.

I think UGA fans were helping Todd Grantham load the moving truck last year. Only so many deck chairs you can rearrange on that ship.

At this point I wonder how many of these "names" are even on CSUs radar.

CSU thanks to McElwain is the current hot steppingstone job. I have nothing to back this up but it wouldn't surprise me is some of these guys aren't using the CSU opening to advertise that they are available for other non-P5 jobs that might come open.

If they can get mentioned a few times in the press then they get their names on the list that starts coming up when other schools have an opening. If ADs hear their name enough they might figure that there is a reason to interview them and they get a foot in the door.

If they can get mentioned a few times in the press then they get their names on the list that starts coming up when other schools have an opening. If ADs hear their name enough they might figure that there is a reason to interview them and they get a foot in the door.

Or University Presidents; amirite?

At this point I wonder how many of these "names" are even on CSUs radar.

CSU thanks to McElwain is the current hot steppingstone job. I have nothing to back this up but it wouldn't surprise me is some of these guys aren't using the CSU opening to advertise that they are available for other non-P5 jobs that might come open.

I think this might be the case with Frost. He is a big name right now and he was mentioned for some of the big school openings. I think most of the big schools wanted to see another year or two of him coaching before they took a chance but with CSU sniffing around Frost and their history of the ridiculous buyout for Sparkles and it might have gotten Frost a push to the big boys this year or next.

I still am hoping they get Frost.

And not coaching related but, Oliver Luck is leaving his position of AD at WVU

[tweet]545229061434658816[/tweet]

I'd say this is a positive for the NCAA as Luck is thought of as a bright mind, but Mark Emmert was well thought of too, before he started spouting the usual NCAA bs.

Also means he's probably off the selection committee.

Last edited:
Back