What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

Siap:

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Nevada university regents have approved hiring Bishop Gorman High School's Tony Sanchez as UNLV's new head coach.

Sanchez was signed to a four-year contract paying him $500,000 plus bonuses.

-USAToday

Siap:

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Nevada university regents have approved hiring Bishop Gorman High School's Tony Sanchez as UNLV's new head coach.

Sanchez was signed to a four-year contract paying him $500,000 plus bonuses.

-USAToday

Difference between the haves and have nots.

How many P5 coordinators make within 20% of $500,000 per year?

Difference between the haves and have nots.

How many P5 coordinators make within 20% of $500,000 per year?

Kind of a special case here. UNLV's giving a HS coach an opportunity. If Sanchez does well, he'll be a millionaire within a few years. Rebs could comfortably pay a HC in the $1-$1.5MM range.

Kind of a special case here. UNLV's giving a HS coach an opportunity. If Sanchez does well, he'll be a millionaire within a few years. Rebs could comfortably pay a HC in the $1-$1.5MM range.

True but the fact that they are hiring a guy who would work for that money says something.

Pelini takes a shot at NU, and the article finishes with this:

"If I was looking for the next job, I'd be someplace else."

huh?

Pelini isn't going to work for free unless there are other issues at play. In this case, it's about family and community. He can purely coach. And with what he's made and what Nebraska still has to pay him, it's not like he can't live like a king in Youngstown, Ohio the rest of his life if he chooses while also being able to leave generational wealth behind.

I think that's what his statement means. This is about a life choice that's different than chasing the brass ring in his profession.

*cough* *cough* CU in 2011 *cough* *cough*

Yes, and we had some clowns making decisions at that time who would have gladly taken us to the level of the MWC or lower if they could have gotten away with it. Being cheap was much more important to them than being competitive on a major conference level.

Pelini isn't going to work for free unless there are other issues at play. In this case, it's about family and community. He can purely coach. And with what he's made and what Nebraska still has to pay him, it's not like he can't live like a king in Youngstown, Ohio the rest of his life if he chooses while also being able to leave generational wealth behind.

I think that's what his statement means. This is about a life choice that's different than chasing the brass ring in his profession.

Very good take on it.

I wonder if he talked with Solich who took a very similar path.

Coaching at Youngstown is never going to put him in the national championship picture but it does mean that he gets to coach football without the intense scrutiny that he was under in Stinkoln. Win a lot of games, go to some bowls, and he is a popular guy without being the celebrity in town.

Different lifestyle made possible by the University of Nebraska bank accounts.

True but the fact that they are hiring a guy who would work for that money says something.

Doesn't Sanchez have connections to boosters or something here? Also-he's got an offer to Tim Skipper (CSU AHC/Linebackers) to run his defense. Footballscoop says Skipper will take it if there isn't clarity at CSU soon-I think thats probably good news for us...anything to increase the chances of drastic change in Fort Collins.

Doesn't Sanchez have connections to boosters or something here? Also-he's got an offer to Tim Skipper (CSU AHC/Linebackers) to run his defense. Footballscoop says Skipper will take it if there isn't clarity at CSU soon-I think thats probably good news for us...anything to increase the chances of drastic change in Fort Collins.

If I'm a coach in Ft. Collins without knowing who the new coach will be and who he will want to keep I'm actively looking for a a job right now. Makes no sense to sit and wait ending up on the market after other jobs are filled.

I'm sure you're right, it just sounds a little odd cuz, you know, this is the next job.

Yes, and we had some clowns making decisions at that time who would have gladly taken us to the level of the MWC or lower if they could have gotten away with it. Being cheap was much more important to them than being competitive on a major conference level.

Remember 2 of the 3 clowns are still in their same seats.

Reset.

SMU-Jones out, Morris in.
KU- Fat Charlie out, A&M WR coach David Beaty in, keeps Bowen as DC
NU- Pelini out, NU dials up the Mike Riley surprise. Pelini takes Youngstown St. job and gives NU the FU on his way out.
Buffalo- hired a DIII guy
Tulsa- Blankenship out, Baylor HC Philip Montgomery in.
UNLV- Hauck out, Bishop Gorman HC Sanchez in.
UF- Muschamp out and reportedly headed to Auburn as DC, Sparkles is the new head gator.
Michigan- Hoke out, Butch Jones says no thanks, talks continue with Harbaugh reportedly being offered tons of $$$$$, Steve Addazio BC HC, Greg Schiano and Kyle Whittingham from Da Yoots are on the list too. Les Miles publicly says no. Ditto Cutcliffe. Gary Pinkel is a dark horse, but, not likely.
UH- fires Tony Levine, hires tOSU OC Tom Herman

Secondary market-

CSU- first program to be poached, UGA OC Bobo, Scott Frost, Oregon OC, CSU OC Dave Baldwin and others in the mix.
Oregon State- Mike Riley off to greener cornfields, in a huge surprise, OSU hires away Wiscy's HC Gary Andersen
Wiscy- Andersen bails to OSU...Paul Chryst, former Pitt HC to be announced today.
Pitt- Chryst out, so is AD Steve Pedersen.

This year is fun.

I like the buffalo hire a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm kinda glad Meatchicken is willing to pay insane cheese to get Harbaugh. Would be good to have the wolverines balance out OSU and bust the nubs to permanent 2nd tier in the conference. Hope he takes the job.

CSU interviews Alford, ND RB coach and Bedford, UT DC.

Pitt is talking to Marshall HC Doc Holliday. (Insert huckleberry joke here) Also talking to Schiano.

CSU interviews Alford, ND RB coach and Bedford, UT DC.

Pitt is talking to Marshall HC Doc Holliday. (Insert huckleberry joke here) Also talking to Schiano.

Pitt fired its athletic director yesterday as well. Only two openings out there for the remaining assistants looking for a head job. I can't imagine Michigan going with any of the remaining names from the assistant pool.

Last edited:
Back