What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015: Recruiting News, Notes & Official Visitors

Bernardi was at Tucson Sahuaro/Williams Field last night to scout Derik Hall, Cade Cote, probably some others on WF.

On Bartlett, impressive athlete. His footwork for 6-4 is what stood out the most to me. Not sure he has a big enough arm to be a Pac-12 quarterback. They absolutely throttled Laramie so it was difficult to get a good read on his game.

Last edited:
Made it to Cheyenne to see the Tevis Bartlett show tonight

And den????

Ok, saw the resultant post after making my (already made) joke. Thanks. Hope he is a Buff. If they want to let him practice some at QB, fine, but most practice needs to be a LB. He could be amazing there.

Last edited:
Surfing the web this morning at work. Some performances from last night ...

Steven Montez: 19-for-28, 278 yards and five touchdowns in three quarters. Added 62 yards on the ground. Link
Donald Gordon: 15 carries for 47 yards, sounds like the other team loaded the box. Link

Yeah, I had forgot about him until brought up a few weeks back. He seems to really like CU so if we can get his academics in order, I like our chances. I thought we were recruiting him more as a safety prospect though?

Think he would be a S/OLB hybrid.

I'm with you. I listen when I am can't watch but, the way he calls games make it really hard to understand what the hell is happening. Between sounding excited no matter which team makes a play and his tendency to break into his commentary before finishing what actually happened on the last play, it makes it really hard to get a feel for what is actually happening.

Mark Johnson is horrible. Just call the ****ing game, save the "best play in history" voice for actual big plays.

Mark Johnson is horrible. Just call the ****ing game, save the "best play in history" voice for actual big plays.

I got confused when I heard his voice on 104.3 a few minutes ago while driving in the car - he's calling the UCLA v. Oregon game.

The Mark Johnson drinking game, for anyone interested (valuable in 2012): drink every time he says "chest-high snap."

Take another RB. We'll only have Powell, Adkins, Lindsay, and Crowder as returning scholarship RB's.

Take another RB. We'll only have Powell, Adkins, Lindsay, and Crowder as returning scholarship RB's.

I agree. Not only because an injury or two would leave the position way too thin, but because excess numbers of RBs mean "excess numbers of the type of athlete that can easily convert to WR, DE, LB or S". Recruiting RBs is basically recruiting athletes. You can get them on the field.

We still recruiting that kid from the Woodlands? I wouldn't mind having him. I do think another back would be a good idea. That's no knock to Gordon.

I wonder if we can count on Gordon from day one. With his past grade issues, would a redshirt year to get him acclimated to school be a good idea?

Putting ourselves into position to do this as a regular course of is a good idea. How often is that true freshman year a season of limited productivity and three years later we are wishing we had another year. Your point about acclimation to school is a good one. Not saying it's right for every kid or even a great majority but certainly it would make sense for some.

Maybe a JUCO RB who can come in and contribute right away?

If we can find one who can be a solid contributor, absolutely. Even a 5th year transfer kid who is stuck behind a younger guy might make sense.

Powell is a concussion waiting to happen, we saw Adkins struggle early this year, Lindsay is small and missed a year coming out of HS due to injury, and Crowder has been hurt as well. Our "depth" is much less than it looks on paper.

Another consideration with RBs is that they tend to be excellent athletes. Lots of RBs contribute on STs, you also find safeties, WRs, LBs and others starting at a lot of schools who came in as RBs.

They were discussing Landon Donovan on the Dan Patrick Show yesterday. 32, retired, kicked a 60 yard field goal one time, and never attended college. Would be eligible to play without a scholarship...

Thank you Slider for the updates. So, who do we like at WR if we miss out on Brown? I understand the numbers game, but I think it's such a cop-out when people justify skipping a skill position in any one class.

Definitely disappointing on Brown. Not out of it but certainly not looking good. Maybe we end up with Donzale Roddie

Powell is a concussion waiting to happen, we saw Adkins struggle early this year, Lindsay is small and missed a year coming out of HS due to injury, and Crowder has been hurt as well. Our "depth" is much less than it looks on paper.

The implication that Lindsay and Crowders past ACL tears are suggestive of further injury problems has no scientific basis.

But I also would like to see 2 RBs added. We lost Abron and Payne to grades and Adkins will be a JR already, so we really, really need to get 2 in here.

Rep sent for scientific backing.

Certainly no guarantee that another injury is on the way but some guys are more prone to injuries than others (See Knowshon Moreno.)

I hope that everybody stays healthy but considering our injury history and the limitations our RBs have in skill sets I'd be more comfortable with additional depth, especially if it is quality depth.

Back