What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015: Recruiting News, Notes & Official Visitors

So is Montez the only guy we land out of TX? 1 player would have to be the lowest we've taken from TX in????

Ok, maybe this is a stupid question, but it's finally bothered me long enough to ask: How come some recruit threads are "(Verbal to COLORADO)" and some are "(Verbal to Colorado)"?

Ok, maybe this is a stupid question, but it's finally bothered me long enough to ask: How come some recruit threads are "(Verbal to COLORADO)" and some are "(Verbal to Colorado)"?

Some are done by 1* mods like Nik, others are done by walk-on mods like Snow

which do you prefer? Choose wisely.

kint.jpg

II
colorado.gif

We have had a couple years with just 2 recruits from Texas but the last time we had 1 or fewer was the 2007 class; we didn't have anyone from TX that recruiting season.

Given that Salaam will be strolling along our Homecoming parade with the Heisman trophy, we should use homecoming and bring in a bunch of our top recruits (committed or not). Don´t think our staff likes to do that, but it seems like a great opportunity.

In all honesty, I prefer "COLORADO". It helps the commits to CU stick out, and plus it reminds me of the Barnett-era block letters on the front of the jersey.

COLORADO for win. All others should be all lower case. A bit like the Avs guy who goes crazy when the good guys score and chirps out a very quite very brief "goal" when any other team puts one in.

COLORADO for win. All others should be all lower case. A bit like the Avs guy who goes crazy when the good guys score and chirps out a very quite very brief "goal" when any other team puts one in.
Mark Johnson could learn a thing or two from that guy. He gets about as excited on a big play from the opposition as he does from the Buffs - makes me hate listening to the broadcasts.

Can an I get an amen?

Mark Johnson could learn a thing or two from that guy. He gets about as excited on a big play from the opposition as he does from the Buffs - makes me hate listening to the broadcasts.

Can an I get an amen?

I'm with you. I listen when I am can't watch but, the way he calls games make it really hard to understand what the hell is happening. Between sounding excited no matter which team makes a play and his tendency to break into his commentary before finishing what actually happened on the last play, it makes it really hard to get a feel for what is actually happening.

Last edited:
NO AMEN!!
Hallelujah? Woo Hoo? Dude, you're right? **** yeah!?

The old days when Zimmer did play by play were far better, IMO. It's a bit of a reflection on the program in general, like Johnson's just happy to have listeners and is desperate to keep anyone tuned in. Now that we see some fight in the team, I want a lot more "ah, shucks's", "dammit all to hell's", and "yeah, the other guys suck's".

Not or that any recruits know who the hell Mark is, or care. I've finally dialed in the comcast streaming out here, so I guess I don't need to care anymore, either.

On topic, any guesses who our biggest commit (who hasn't given a verbal yet) comes from to round out the class?

You know, much of our downfall coincided with Mark Johnson's arrival on campus. It's like he went to the Kevin Harlan School of Broadcasting but dropped out after failing "Down and Distance 101."

Agreed. I think we may have to offer him a shot at QB to get him though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't think of anyone who played a different position like LB while waiting to take over for an incumbant QB. Has that ever happened?

I can't think of anyone who played a different position like LB while waiting to take over for an incumbant QB. Has that ever happened?
Ron Woolfork (kind of). Recruited as a QB, moved to LB and left CU holding a few sack records and NFL-bound.

You know, much of our downfall coincided with Mark Johnson's arrival on campus. It's like he went to the Kevin Harlan School of Broadcasting but dropped out after failing "Down and Distance 101."
Victim of the old post hoc, ergo propter hoc fallacy? If the Buffs were a top 25 power, his style would be far less annoying.

I really think we land Tevis Bartlett.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of all the recruits on these boards, he's my favorite. Would probably be a big fan favorite, and an interesting story/career in the making. Lots of mutual up-side.

Jay Jay Wilson is a guy to keep an eye on because he could get cleared for official visits late (making an assumption he has not been cleared yet). Has upside at LB, but also as a big WR.

Jay Jay Wilson is a guy to keep an eye on because he could get cleared for official visits late (making an assumption he has not been cleared yet). Has upside at LB, but also as a big WR.
Yeah, I had forgot about him until brought up a few weeks back. He seems to really like CU so if we can get his academics in order, I like our chances. I thought we were recruiting him more as a safety prospect though?

Back