What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CFB News & Notes (National)

You think Gary is having second thoughts on leaving Wiscy? That move is one of the most head scratching moves in a long time.

No, I don't think so. I think the badgers have some very big issues in the AD.

I think OSU might be having second thoughts though. Not sure Gary Anderson is a fit in Corvallis

Wisconsin with a dysfunctional AD is still a way better job than OSU, definitely a dumb move. Now with Washington making a resurgence it will make that job even worse.

I think OSU might be having second thoughts though. Not sure Gary Anderson is a fit in Corvallis
I think he'll do OK there, but that roster was burned to the ground at pretty much every position except OL & WR. Not post-Hawkins burned, but pretty bad.

Their D will be solid as always, but their O could really suck donkey balls. They lost everyone.

They play an all or nothing schedule too. Hard games at home easier road games. I'm not sure what to expect from these guys.
Besides us, right?

Wisconsin with a dysfunctional AD is still a way better job than OSU, definitely a dumb move. Now with Washington making a resurgence it will make that job even worse.

In terms of prestige, you have no argument from me. In terms of work environment, I think Wiscy might be toxic. Seeing how Bielema left in the middle of the night, Anderson left immediately, and the best they could grab was Chryst.

What kind of issues? They've gone to a bowl game 19 out of the last 20 years with a 10-9 record in those games and been to 3 Rose Bowls in the past 6 years. They just switched from Adidas to UA and got a $96m deal, and have an AD endowment of over $2.4 billion. Their basketball program's success speaks for itself, as well.

What kind of issues? They've gone to a bowl game 19 out of the last 20 years with a 10-9 record in those games and been to 3 Rose Bowls in the past 6 years. They just switched from Adidas to UA and got a $96m deal, and have an AD endowment of over $2.4 billion. Their basketball program's success speaks for itself, as well.
Wisconsin is going to fall off hard this year, I'm calling it.

Pushing academics which limits some of the football players they can bring in. Alvarez apparently micro manages every football coach there and he is unwilling to pay assistants raises who deserve them like Aranda last year.

Barry Alvarez.

Wisconsin is going to fall off hard this year, I'm calling it.
Would really suck since they are the only real competition for the corn ****ers. How lucky were they to join the Big-10 west when is started sucking and we joined the Pac-12 south when it took off.

Barry Alvarez.

This.

He seems to forget that he is no longer the head football coach. He sees it as his program and that he has the right to make the decisions.

That is an almost impossible situation for a head coach to work in and be comfortable. Some people I know who are connected with the Wiscy program are very concerned. They love Barry for what he did making the program nationally relevant but are concerned now that he can't let go and that will drag the program back down.

Would really suck since they are the only real competition for the corn ****ers. How lucky were they to join the Big-10 west when is started sucking and we joined the Pac-12 south when it took off.

B1G West is definitely the weaker half but Wisconsin isn't "the only real competition" for the fuskers. I don't expect Iowa back in the playoffs anytime soon but they will still be good enough to humiliate the red polyester crowd for at least the next few years.

B1G West is definitely the weaker half but Wisconsin isn't "the only real competition" for the fuskers. I don't expect Iowa back in the playoffs anytime soon but they will still be good enough to humiliate the red polyester crowd for at least the next few years.
Maybe, they just had one good year but before that everyone was talking about moving on from Farentz. Nebraska still avoids OSU, MIchigan, MSU and PSU from a division standpoint which it so stupid. Whoever split those up is retarded.

Maybe, they just had one good year but before that everyone was talking about moving on from Farentz. Nebraska still avoids OSU, MIchigan, MSU and PSU from a division standpoint which it so stupid. Whoever split those up is retarded.

Don't disagree entirely. Illinois and Purdue might as well be the directional schools or Kansas that the fuskers are used to beating up on but I wouldn't sell Iowa short. They are almost always at least solid and often pretty good. Northwestern has been solid for a long time now and even with their problems Wiscy keeps winning.

I wouldn't be handing the fuskers any division titles anytime soon.

Fluff piece from Howell today with some unprompted love from Todd Graham to HCMM...
"Let me tell you, coach MacIntyre is one of the best football coaches I've coached against. What he does with his guys, how hard his guys play, the schematics that he does, how well-coached they are. He inherited a very, very, very difficult situation and look at the games every time we play them we're scared to death because of how well they're coached. I think they'll be marked improved this year. He's a good football coach, man, and he's one of the best guys.
"When we'd go there and play, I come out of there like ... you're about have a nervous breakdown. It's so tight and you think it's not going to be. You know when you compare, you feel like talent-wise you're going to a place with a team you think you're better than, and he does a remarkable job in how he motivates his players, the passion, how hard they play and schematically what they do is very well coached.

"We know it's going to be one heck of a challenge. It always is. I've been (to Boulder) twice. I know one thing, I've never had a pleasant experience (at Colorado)."

Also mentioned in Howell's article is the following:
For those who missed it, and I hadn't seen it until last night, a few Colorado players were mentioned by ProFootballFocus.com recently.

This recent article on ProFootballFocus.com listed some of the Pac-12's best players at certain skills. Among them were a couple of Buffs:
  • QB Sefo Liufau - Rated the best deep passer
  • RB Phillip Lindsay - Rated as having the best hands
  • DB Chidobe Awuzie - Rated as the best defensive playmaker
http://www.buffzone.com/buffzone-blogs/ci_30141700/cu-football-asus-graham-fan-buffs-coach-macintyre

It sounds like Graham wants MM to keep his job.
Nice things TG said, and I would like to take them at face value, but hard to think TG is sincere because, well, he's TG...that and in three games ASU is 140-60 over the Buffs.

Nice things TG said, and I would like to take them at face value, but hard to think TG is sincere because, well, he's TG...that and in three games ASU is 140-60 over the Buffs.

He wants MM to have enough success that he moves on to a bigger program and then Graham can move to Boulder to accept his dream job.

Hunter Vaughn has put in the work.

From earlier this year:
Hunter%20V.jpg

Back