What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CFB News & Notes (National)

We always talk about how the new S&C is going to make a huge difference. I believe that talk is actually correct this time because of the wild philosophical change.

We always talk about how the new S&C is going to make a huge difference. I believe that talk is actually correct this time because of the wild philosophical change.

The linemen are definitely happy with the new approach. Look like they're making significant gains, too.

Alabama is blocking the transfer of a grad transfer to UGA. These transfer games between Alabama, UGA and Miami are just childish.

Big loss for Auburn. Main RB the last half of 2015. Dude can play. Dismissed from team.

Alabama is blocking the transfer of a grad transfer to UGA. These transfer games between Alabama, UGA and Miami are just childish.
How can Alabama do anything to stop it? He graduated. He is no longer under any obligation to them.

How can Alabama do anything to stop it? He graduated. He is no longer under any obligation to them.

Wasn't there an SEC vote about in-conference grad transfers? I remember some bitching about the issue.

Wasn't there an SEC vote about in-conference grad transfers? I remember some bitching about the issue.

That seems like a good rule to me.
I think the big issue is not only losing a starter to a conference foe, but kids being able to follow their former coach to another school without penalty. CFB is not bettered by this sort of "free agency". Imagine Tupou and Chido deciding to play their SR year with Leavitt at our conference foe. We'd be pissed.

That seems like a good rule to me.
I think the big issue is not only losing a starter to a conference foe, but kids being able to follow their former coach to another school without penalty. CFB is not bettered by this sort of "free agency". Imagine Tupou and Chido deciding to play their SR year with Leavitt at our conference foe. We'd be pissed.
IF they graduated then the school needs to shut the f*** up. The one time a kid works hard to give himself options of where he wants to play and the coach/school limits those opportunities. No school has any right to tell one of their players where they can and can't transfer when they work their ass off, play 3 to 4 years, and graduate.

IF they graduated then the school needs to shut the f*** up. The one time a kid works hard to give himself options of where he wants to play and the coach/school limits those opportunities. No school has any right to tell one of their players where they can and can't transfer when they work their ass off, play 3 to 4 years, and graduate.

If this is a conference rule, I think it's fine. It's to prevent kids from transferring (en masse?) from UCLA to USC for example for their Senior year. The reality is that if this kid wasn't a starter, and he was transferring from Alabama to Vanderbilt, they'd probably approve it. But following Kirby Smart to a conference Rival? I can see a conference wanting to limit that. Kid has another 110 or so options.

If this is a conference rule, I think it's fine. It's to prevent kids from transferring (en masse?) from UCLA to USC for example for their Senior year. The reality is that if this kid wasn't a starter, and he was transferring from Alabama to Vanderbilt, they'd probably approve it. But following Kirby Smart to a conference Rival? I can see a conference wanting to limit that. Kid has another 110 or so options.
Yeah and it's a dumb rule considering the SEC is the only conference that supports this stupidity. Cal lost a grad transfer starter to STANFORD last year and didn't put on a public bitch fest like these schools do. Georgia just went through a similar issue when they wouldn't let a running back grad transfer to Miami to follow Richt but when they are going to benefit from the same rule then they are all over it. It's complete BS.

Yeah and it's a dumb rule considering the SEC is the only conference that supports this stupidity. Cal lost a grad transfer starter to STANFORD last year and didn't put on a public bitch fest like these schools do. Georgia just went through a similar issue when they wouldn't let a running back grad transfer to Miami to follow Richt but when they are going to benefit from the same rule then they are all over it. It's complete BS.
Wait. You mean to tell me there's hypocrisy in college football???:eek:

You keep saying that, but the point is that this kid graduated, so all responsibilities on both sides should be over.

Wait. You mean to tell me there's hypocrisy in college football???:eek:

Saban and Smart have taken that to new levels with their pettiness about transfers this offseason, however. Like the first week Smart was at UGA i saw a report that said the players weren't allowed to transfer to Miami.

And we aren't even touching on the fact that Saban has broken at least 3 contracts to move onto another job in his career here.
But he knows what's best, at least that's his line to the mom:
“The university is continuing to be resistant to any request to release my son. That’s where we are,” Samyra Smith said. “In (Saban’s) mind, the best decision is for him to stay here. And he doesn’t think anything other than that is best for the kid.”

Back