What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CFB News & Notes (National)

Is that a concussion joke?
Nah, people just bitch so much about stupid little crap on this board. Not to mention, you seemingly cannot critique or say anything negative about a player/coach/recruit etc. without someone going all PC on your ass.

Nah, people just bitch so much about stupid little crap on this board. Not to mention, you seemingly cannot critique or say anything negative about a player/coach/recruit etc. without someone going all PC on your ass.
Critiquing is fine. Being a dick is not. Making unbacked, declarative statements about someone is dickish. Calling someone out for being a dick is not being PC.

Didn't think that was declarative, more speculative but we don't have a font for that. Steelers certainly don't release their reasoning for any cut, just speculating on balancing his talent level vs. a risk level.

We have also seen enough players who have suffered from long-term effects of head injuries that I have been pretty consistent in advocating that guys with a history should consider (with independent medical advice) giving up the game in favor of long-term safety.

I could throw in all the disclaimers but then people would complain about length of post.
If you are speculating, you should state as such. You tend to state things declaratively as facts, suggesting you have inside info.

In the case of Powell, many think his talent falls short, but the timing is odd. Perhaps he checked in out of shape, failed his physical, failed his drug test, had some unreported off-field issue etc. I'm speculating!

Welcome to every sports board ever invented.

A football staffer tweeted this today. Has CU hatred for Lou Holtz gone the way of being concerned about wearing red? I still say **** Holtz with the fury of a thousand marbles.

holtz.PNG

I couldn't believe I saw a Lou Holtz quote under a CU logo. Maybe next Monday's motivation will be some words to live by from Sonny Lubick or Tom Osborne.

Dislike Lou about as much as Tom Osborn and that is a lot. Living a lie. Still remember that like it was yesterday. **** him

If EB could have held on to the damn ball, we win that one too. I don't understand why somebody would tweet something that stupid though, Christ.

I'm not 100% sure lispin' Lou came up with that on his own.

Still my favorite Lou Holtz flame...

Screen-Shot-2015-04-13-at-9.05.30-AM.jpg

UCLA has landed what is believed to be the biggest shoe and apparel deal inNCAA history.

The 15-year, $280-million contract with Under Armour was scheduled to be announced at noon Tuesday, university officials told the Los Angeles Times.

I know our deal with Nike is coming up on its expiration date. I personally like Nike more than the other 2 big brands, but if they are going to throw around that kind of cash...

I know our deal with Nike is coming up on its expiration date. I personally like Nike more than the other 2 big brands, but if they are going to throw around that kind of cash...

I know we are in a bad spot I just hope Nike still values this institution and area. I was thinking about which companies could buy the naming rights for Folsom and Nike was the one I kept getting back to that seems like a good fit advertising wise with the city of Boulder and state of Colorado.

I know we are in a bad spot I just hope Nike still values this institution and area. I was thinking about which companies could buy the naming rights for Folsom and Nike was the one I kept getting back to that seems like a good fit advertising wise with the city of Boulder and state of Colorado.

Spyder would also be a company of interest in my mind for that.

You think Nike is going put their name on Folsom Field? I'll have what you're having!

You think Nike is going put their name on Folsom Field? I'll have what you're having!
We were their first collegiate program right? We do have a long history with Nike. I think they would prefer to purchase the rights to Autzen before they did Folsom.

Just from an advertising fit standpoint. I never said I think they will but companies like that actually make sense to buy naming rights. I would hope Nike would value this area/state considering the demographics. Very active, intelligent, and wealthy population which seems right up their ally.

We were their first collegiate program right? We do have a long history with Nike. I think they would prefer to purchase the rights to Autzen before they did Folsom.

Just from an advertising fit standpoint. I never said I think they will but companies like that actually make sense to buy naming rights. I would hope Nike would value this area/state considering the demographics. Very active, intelligent, and wealthy population which seems right up their ally.
I agree that the outdoor, athletic lifestyle of Boulder fits, but Nike is one of the biggest brands in the world and is THE sporting brand. They haven't put their name on any collegiate or professional stadium up to this point, and they aren't going to start by slapping it on the stadium of a bottom-feeding P12 program that draws one or two nationally televised games/year and holds 53k people.

I agree that the outdoor, athletic lifestyle of Boulder fits, but Nike is one of the biggest brands in the world and is THE sporting brand. They haven't put their name on any collegiate or professional stadium up to this point, and they aren't going to start by slapping it on the stadium of a bottom-feeding P12 program that draws one or two nationally televised games/year and holds 53k people.
It all has to be for the right price. Obviously there is a certain value there they will not go over but they of all companies know the cyclical nature of CFB. Who knows, could easily be explored.

Back