What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CFB News & Notes (National)

So the AD dropped the student sports pass to $99 and that includes football and basketball. Should really help drive attendance.

The AD seems to be really pushing student tickets. This is a nice touch.

Attachments

• Student email.png
    Student email.png
    207 KB · Views: 27
So Shap had some pretty strong statements on the BSN podcast the other day.
And I agreed with it 100%. We gotta start winning, and the "promotions" need to stop being worthless and poorly ran. I can run it by myself better than the system that they have right now. His best point was the 1 dollar tickets for basketball at the end of the year. As someone who has paid for the student tickets all four years and will be next year for my masters year I feel like I am getting screwed. I am considering not even paying the $99 this year because I can just get free tickets to the football games and then they will do the same old **** for basketball and the ones they don't I can just buy the cheapest one on stubhub.

And I agreed with it 100%. We gotta start winning, and the "promotions" need to stop being worthless and poorly ran. I can run it by myself better than the system that they have right now. His best point was the 1 dollar tickets for basketball at the end of the year. As someone who has paid for the student tickets all four years and will be next year for my masters year I feel like I am getting screwed. I am considering not even paying the $99 this year because I can just get free tickets to the football games and then they will do the same old **** for basketball and the ones they don't I can just buy the cheapest one on stubhub.
I would agree with you about winning but students still didn't give a **** about the bball team and they were good last year.

I would agree with you about winning but students still didn't give a **** about the bball team and they were good last year.
No excuse for that. I still just think the general student population doesn't give a **** about sports in general. They would rather go skiing or go to the bars or something with their friends. Also, for a casual fan you are a product of last year. I think next year there will be a boost in attendance because this season was much more fun than the previous year.

No excuse for that. I still just think the general student population doesn't give a **** about sports in general. They would rather go skiing or go to the bars or something with their friends. Also, for a casual fan you are a product of last year. I think next year there will be a boost in attendance because this season was much more fun than the previous year.
Skiing I understand because there are a ton of bball games but is it some foreign concept to go to the bar, go to the game, and then go back to the bar? People have been doing it for decades now lol. I am three years out of school so it's not like a ton has changed, kids still parties and wanted to go to bars we just also went to the games.

Most bars don't get hopping until after 10pm anyway, which is after most of the night games end.

Most bars don't get hopping until after 10pm anyway, which is after most of the night games end.
Maybe I should have clarified. For those games that started at like 8 pm, many students just wanted to pregame at their own place or a friends place and watch the game on tv. This is just what some of my friend did and may not be representing the whole student population. I obviously went to the games.

It's a long walk from the Hill to the Keg, and even further from there to Pearl street. If the game's on TV, it's so much better to drink your own booze at your house and then go out.

It's a long walk from the Hill to the Keg, and even further from there to Pearl street. If the game's on TV, it's so much better to drink your own booze at your house and then go out.
This is Boulder, not Mississippi, that is not a long walk lol.

A lot of Buffs graduated yesterday - Buffstampede had some great pictures of them. Congratulations to all of them. Personally, I'm particularly proud and happy to see that our university helped De'Jon Wilson, John Walker, and Yuri Wright (I believe Kenneth Crawley graduated too, but wasn't in the pictures). This isn't to say that they worked harder or their degrees are worth more than those that grew up more privileged, but personally, college sports is at its best when it helps kids get degrees that otherwise would have struggled to do so. Education should be our top endeavor, not the money race it has become. Knowing that these kids come from difficult backgrounds is especially rewarding. Congratulations to all of the Buffs - thank you for playing for our football team as well, in spite of the struggles.

A lot of Buffs graduated yesterday - Buffstampede had some great pictures of them. Congratulations to all of them. Personally, I'm particularly proud and happy to see that our university helped De'Jon Wilson, John Walker, and Yuri Wright (I believe Kenneth Crawley graduated too, but wasn't in the pictures). This isn't to say that they worked harder or their degrees are worth more than those that grew up more privileged, but personally, college sports is at its best when it helps kids get degrees that otherwise would have struggled to do so. Education should be our top endeavor, not the money race it has become. Knowing that these kids come from difficult backgrounds is especially rewarding. Congratulations to all of the Buffs - thank you for playing for our football team as well, in spite of the struggles.
I think Derek McCartney may have graduated as well. He'll be working on his Masters.

I think Derek McCartney may have graduated as well. He'll be working on his Masters.

Derek has indicated that he plans on becoming a doctor. I wonder what grad work in Boulder would apply to his M.D.

Whatever he does guys with his level of intelligence and motivation tend to end up doing well.

Derek has indicated that he plans on becoming a doctor. I wonder what grad work in Boulder would apply to his M.D.

Whatever he does guys with his level of intelligence and motivation tend to end up doing well.
Somewhere I read he's planning on going for his masters in Integrative Physiology

I think Daaah took "last year" to mean 2014-15.
No, I meant the season that just finished. From a student's perspective or someone who doesn't particularly follow the team closely, that type of season really isn't going to garner much excitement or enthusiasm. There were a few good wins vs Zona, Cal, and Oregon but I don't think we ever got ranked and thus aren't a presence on sportscenter/espn.com/etc. Also, the Pac 12 was proven to be way overrated and we didn't make a run in the conference tournament and weren't in the race for the regular season championship. Making the NCAA tournament is great, but we bowed out before the casual fan could really even get into it.

Back