What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CU News & Notes (Buff Stuff)

Good news. Hopefully he stays healthy.

http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2016/8/...gillam-healthy-happy-to-be-hitting-again.aspx

GILLAM HITTING AGAIN: After a long offseason rehabilitating a knee injury, CU junior linebacker Addison Gillamhas been all smiles in camp. Gillam has been participating in some goal-line and red-zone contact drills, and shows all appearances of being ready to play.

Earlier this week, he had two outstanding stops in some goal-line situations.

"It's been great," Gillam said. "It felt good to just hit somebody. It's honestly kind of hard to focus on plays and everything, just because I'm so excited to go out and hit people and finally play football."

Gillam, who led the Buffs in tackles as a true freshman with 107 stops, played just two games last year before being sidelined for the season with a knee injury. It meant missing 11 games, plus all of spring ball.

The time away, he said, actually helped him refocus on the game.

"I missed it," he said. "I think the biggest thing I took away from it was learning to worry about what I can control and not worry about anything else. That's what I'm trying to do out here now."

Gillam is still being monitored closely in camp, and he's being brought along slowly.

"Honestly, I don't like it because I want to be out there every play all the time," Gillam said. "It's a little frustrating, but I'm dealing with it because I know it's for the best. I know it will help for the season."

Good news. Hopefully he stays healthy.

http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2016/8/...gillam-healthy-happy-to-be-hitting-again.aspx

GILLAM HITTING AGAIN: After a long offseason rehabilitating a knee injury, CU junior linebacker Addison Gillamhas been all smiles in camp. Gillam has been participating in some goal-line and red-zone contact drills, and shows all appearances of being ready to play.

Earlier this week, he had two outstanding stops in some goal-line situations.

"It's been great," Gillam said. "It felt good to just hit somebody. It's honestly kind of hard to focus on plays and everything, just because I'm so excited to go out and hit people and finally play football."

Gillam, who led the Buffs in tackles as a true freshman with 107 stops, played just two games last year before being sidelined for the season with a knee injury. It meant missing 11 games, plus all of spring ball.

The time away, he said, actually helped him refocus on the game.

"I missed it," he said. "I think the biggest thing I took away from it was learning to worry about what I can control and not worry about anything else. That's what I'm trying to do out here now."

Gillam is still being monitored closely in camp, and he's being brought along slowly.

"Honestly, I don't like it because I want to be out there every play all the time," Gillam said. "It's a little frustrating, but I'm dealing with it because I know it's for the best. I know it will help for the season."

Would be huge. Seeing & hearing good things about Lewis, too. Also read that Gamboa has improved (and, hell, he was the leading tackler last year). I think we've got the pieces to get high quality play from the LBs with very solid depth. Addison is the key, though. He's the all-conference talent at that level of the defense. The rest of the guys look like solid Pac-12 players, but not stars.

I think Gamboa will benefit greatly from the D line. His lack of top end speed won't be as noticible if the line can keep him clean. He apparently has great instincts and smarts, he's just not fast.

In regards to Haigler, Lance Carl in an interview mentioned he was a mean SOB, who has an attitude. Get him to 300 pounds and we've got something special.

There are so many players I'm looking forward to seeing this year. The koolaid is flowing strong right now. We just have to (finally) come out fast and stick it to the Rams. We beat them by more than 21, I think we take it to Meatchicken.

. The koolaid is flowing strong right now. We just have to (finally) come out fast and stick it to the Rams. We beat them by more than 21, I think we take it to Meatchicken.
I would say you are taking it intravenously...

Gillam may have gotten his weight up, but damn he still looks small.

13906727_1416487568377832_7780170103985142727_n.jpg
6'3" 200 / 6'3" 230 with hair

280064__81726.1342528330.380.500.jpg

No thanks on starting Lynott and Haigler on the right side of the line in game 1

Yeah. I think I want to see a veteran in there. Be nice if Callahan or Kronshage could win that RT spot. I think Lynott starts at RG.

Yeah. I think I want to see a veteran in there. Be nice if Callahan or Kronshage could win that RT spot. I think Lynott starts at RG.
Think Lynott will have definitely earned it based on the stuff I am hearing out of camp. Would be scary though if the entire right side of the line was new though. Need a vet there.

Think Lynott will have definitely earned it based on the stuff I am hearing out of camp. Would be scary though if the entire right side of the line was new though. Need a vet there.
You sound like Bernardi, "Don't play the best players, use some other factor to determine who plays," How'd that work out?
They will be practicing against a solid Pac 12 "D" and they'll be "rookies" for one quarter in the RMS.

You sound like Bernardi, "Don't play the best players, use some other factor to determine who plays," How'd that work out?
They will be practicing against a solid Pac 12 "D" and they'll be "rookies" for one quarter in the RMS.

I have no problem with them playing. I am just concerned in the first game, in a rivalry setting, with the youth and inexperience getting exposed early.

If they are both far and away the best players, then by all means play them. If its close, go with experience, especially in this game.

I think we need a thread trying to predict the over/under for how many days Adkins lasts in practice now that he is coming back....If I were setting the bar, I would say that he will make it through week 3 prior to the next power outage.

I think we need a thread trying to predict the over/under for how many days Adkins lasts in practice now that he is coming back....If I were setting the bar, I would say that he will make it through week 3 prior to the next power outage.
Thank you, Nancy.

I am excited to see some size and strength on the D-Line. I always think of Psycho saying: Where are the D-Lineman in this class?

He has been saying it since the late 90s.

I am optimistic that this defense can be very good this season. If Tupou lives up to the hype and Caroll can bring the heat, I see a bunch of opportunities for McCartney, Gilliam and Oligbude to have career days. Never mind the havoc that the secondary will bring.

After a big dose of Kool-aid I would bet that Buffs D is able to shut Michigan O down.

I am excited to see some size and strength on the D-Line. I always think of Psycho saying: Where are the D-Lineman in this class?

He has been saying it since the late 90s.

I am optimistic that this defense can be very good this season. If Tupou lives up to the hype and Caroll can bring the heat, I see a bunch of opportunities for McCartney, Gilliam and Oligbude to have career days. Never mind the havoc that the secondary will bring.

After a big dose of Kool-aid I would bet that Buffs D is able to shut Michigan O down.
CLp5qWPUYAEAt9v.png

WTTF

Last edited:
Going to have to eat some major crow here. Most impressive qb today was by far Sam Noyer. Then Montez and Sefo and last was Gehrke.

Julmisse is a monster, honestly don't know which side of the ball he will play as he was covering shay like a glove but he will play this year. Blackmon looked like he will definitely contribute this year due to depth concerns. Troy Lewis looked great for a walk on.

Bish to LB next year IMO.

Going to have to eat some major crow here. Most impressive qb today was by far Sam Noyer. Then Montez and Sefo and last was Gehrke.

Julmisse is a monster, honestly don't know which side of the ball he will play as he was covering shay like a glove but he will play this year. Blackmon looked like he will definitely contribute this year due to depth concerns. Troy Lewis looked great for a walk on.

Bish to LB next year IMO.

Agree on the qb ranking. Noyer can fire it. Montez too. Sefo looked like the bad Sefo. Hope he can get it together.

Julmisse is a football player. Ento, Huntley, Rakestraw and Winfree all looked like players. Very impressed with all of them. Lil Mac plays hard. But??

The defense looked really good when the 1's and 2's were in there.

Excellent field goal kicking too.

I am hoping to have high hopes all season long.

Still got work to do.

Just shocks me Kelley still hikes those worm burners.

Go Buffs

Back