What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CU News & Notes (Buff Stuff)

I think that's fair.

He had a CU team his SJSU team could have beaten by 50.
He had the SJSU staff.
He built the team up to where it could have gone toe-to-toe with that SJSU team which finished in the Top 25.
He realized that a WAC Top 25 is equivalent to the Pac-12 cellar and he needed coaches who could bring in more talent.

So we are where we are today. Need to take the next step and be able to play around .500 ball in the Pac-12.[/QU

Hopefully year 4 is to Mac2 what it was to Mac1

No more excuses

You're looking for Troy Walters. Now the OC at UCF.

He also replaced Baer with Leavitt at DC/LB along with Tumpkin replacing LaRussa.

You're looking for Troy Walters. Now the OC at UCF.

He also replaced Baer with Leavitt at DC/LB along with Tumpkin replacing LaRussa.
Yup it was hard to format I am gonna try again. Yup Walters. Hadn't done the defense yet. And don't forget Mac2 coached cornerbacks one year and Larussa went to help the DLine It is an interesting pic actually. Was a little slow on the Oside

About a month ago, MM said Gillam was up to 230 lbs. 6'3" 230 is nearing prototypical size for an ILB. He will be fine as is, but if he can get to 235-240 when the season starts, that would be ideal.
Doesn't everyone start losing weight this time of year?

Haigler seems to be getting tons of press regarding the right tackle position. We have some experience here, so a little interesting if he beats everyone else out.

Gillam was effective with a slight build as a freshman, so as long as he can stay healthy (big if), then I'm not too worried about this year. His build doesn't translate to the next level, but step 1 for him really is proving he is healthy and can stay healthy.

Gillam was effective with a slight build as a freshman, so as long as he can stay healthy (big if), then I'm not too worried about this year. His build doesn't translate to the next level, but step 1 for him really is proving he is healthy and can stay healthy.
Yep. If he can stay healthy and back to his freshman form, that is what we can hope for. I am not sure he is someone who will ever have the physical look of a prototypical P5 linebacker.

Yep. If he can stay healthy and back to his freshman form, that is what we can hope for. I am not sure he is someone who will ever have the physical look of a prototypical P5 linebacker.
I tend to think a stout D-Line will make this a reality.

Haigler seems to be getting tons of press regarding the right tackle position. We have some experience here, so a little interesting if he beats everyone else out.

Yep. He was 270 lbs in April. Is that accurate? Would he be legitimately playing at 280 or more? I think he's the best player but I just don't know if he is physically ready.

Last edited:
Yep. He was 270 lbs in April. Is that accurate? Would he be legitimately playing at 280 or more? I think he's the best player but I just don't know if he is physically ready.
That last article he mentioned being around 275 and hopes to be at 280 by the start of the season. I think its starting to show that he is the best we have at RT, but I just think that is way to light. Let's hope he is just that much better.

I liked what I saw the last practice and look forward to seeing Spoon play on Saturday. But so much of the game is mental and this is exactly what I wanted to hear from Spoon.

"I'm so excited (for this season). It's different being excited to go play and different being excited to go make plays. That's where I'm at as a player. I've never felt like that. I think that's just confidence and experience all coming together."

http://www.buffzone.com/football-cu...s-ahkello-witherspoon-aims-be-more-consistent

DL Preview

Love they are practicing takeaways for the DL. Causing fumbles at or near the LOS can be such a huge weapon.

Also, just to further prove how far we have come since HCMM's first year (stolen from a poster at scout), LB Christian Shaver had to start at DE against CSU as a true freshman. That is insane.

Coach MMac has more vids on his twitter page I want to see, but they wont play for me :( Especially the QB accuracy?? Now I know, one of you fellas can get them on here for us to see?

That last article he mentioned being around 275 and hopes to be at 280 by the start of the season. I think its starting to show that he is the best we have at RT, but I just think that is way to light. Let's hope he is just that much better.
He must be one tough SOB to be our best RT at only 275.

Back