What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016: Recruiting News, Notes & Official Visitors

The Redlands camp was yesterday so I'm guessing we'll see some more offers from the IE area go out.

Anyone know if Adam is going to do some recap type stuff from the camps like he did last year?

[tweet]606543160722866181[/tweet]
mr_burns_thumb.gif

[tweet]606528893374328833[/tweet]

Traver Vliem is a 6'4" 240 lb DE from Midland, TX. 2nd Team All-District as a junior and has a bunch of G5 offers. I suspect he's working the camp circuit to try to land a P5 offer.

[video=youtube;-ik18HXdSk8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ik18HXdSk8[/video]

[tweet]606528893374328833[/tweet]

Traver Vliem is a 6'4" 240 lb DE from Midland, TX. 2nd Team All-District as a junior and has a bunch of G5 offers. I suspect he's working the camp circuit to try to land a P5 offer.

[video=youtube;-ik18HXdSk8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ik18HXdSk8[/video]
Most of the better ones come from Lee or used to. Ced Benson, believe Eric Winston went there too. Maybe it's changed? Good to see a Permian Basin kid, I bet he wants to get the hell outta there, pretty rough place these days.

Will be interesting to see how the coaches approach WR, they could take up to three IMO.

Will be interesting to see how the coaches approach WR, they could take up to three IMO.

If they take three then one has to be a juco. I don't think you can commit that many spots to youngsters after losing spruce without bringing in someone that can contribute immediately.

Good to know. Based on how recruiting has gone lately it doesn't seem probable to find two receivers that can play right away out of high school but who knows. This just amplifies the miss of tony brown.

Recruiting misses do hurt sometimes. I think we'll be ok at WR, though. I'm hoping one of Bobo, Walker, and/or Dunston do something this year and alleviate the concerns a bit of replacing Spruce.

Also worth mentioning, it is a monster year for WRs on the west coast this year. With our offense putting up decent numbers and throwing the ball a lot, plus other ancillary factors, if we're going to land a big time guy this year it could definitely be at WR. That's kind of how we got Fields, sold him as the replacement for PRich, so we can sell some guy on being the Spruce replacement.

Most of the better ones come from Lee or used to. Ced Benson, believe Eric Winston went there too. Maybe it's changed? Good to see a Permian Basin kid, I bet he wants to get the hell outta there, pretty rough place these days.
**** Midland! Go Bobcats!!

Redlands, Oakland, Phoenix, and Honolulu thus far. Interested to see how the Phoenix camp went in particular.

Another thing I am wondering is the status of DL recruiting. Outside of Carlo Kemp, it seems we have not heard really anything. I know the numbers will be light there, but we really need more DE help.

Offer out to a big OL from Honolulu (St. Louis HS).

[tweet]608377055542157312[/tweet]

Yeah, if you consider 6'4" 320 lbs going into his senior year big....

That's some scary stuff for a HS DL to go up against if he moves well enough at that size to receive multiple P5 offers

Another thing I am wondering is the status of DL recruiting. Outside of Carlo Kemp, it seems we have not heard really anything. I know the numbers will be light there, but we really need more DE help.

Bennion will fill one spot I suppose. He will be in this class.

[tweet]609102335818608640[/tweet]

according to 24/7 has offers from UofA BSU Oreg. St. and TTU.

Being recruited by Chiaverini at TTU

Both new in state offers are working at 60 Strength. My guess is that McChesney was able to showcase them a bit for the staff at the 7on7 camp at Folsom this past weekend. That gym is going to be a gift for CU I think.

Both new in state offers are working at 60 Strength. My guess is that McChesney was able to showcase them a bit for the staff at the 7on7 camp at Folsom this past weekend. That gym is going to be a gift for CU I think.

Doubtful either of them were at the 7 on 7, but I'm sure they both were there at the individual camp on Saturday.

Back