What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 Colorado Roster (with 2018 commits)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
2017 Scholarship Roster
Position
Senior
Junior
Sophomore
Freshman
'18 Commit
QB
T.J. Patterson*
n/a​
Steven Montez*​
Tyler Lytle
Sam Noyer*
Casey Marksberry*
Tyler McGarry*
Blake Stenstrom​
TB
Michael Adkins*
Donovan Lee
Phillip Lindsay*
Tanner Grzesiek*
Kyle Evans*​
Beau Bisharat
Tyler Hillis*
Alex Fontenot
Chase Sanders*
Jarek Broussard
Deion Smith
Travon McMillian (Sr)​
WR
Bryce Bobo*
Kabion Ento
Shay Fields
Devin Ross*
Tony Brown#
Jay MacIntyre*
Lee Walker*
Juwann Winfree*
Johnny Huntley
Maurice Bell
Jaylon Jackson
KD Nixon
Laviska Shenault
Daniel Arias
Dimitri Stanley
Dylan Thomas​
TE
n/a​
Dylan Keeney*
Eddy Lopez*
Chris Bounds*​
Jared Poplawski
Derek Coleman*
Darrion Jones (Jr)​
OT
Jeromy Irwin*​
n/a​
Aaron Haigler*
Dillon Middlemiss*
Isaac Miller*
Jack Shutack*
Chance Lytle
Jake Moretti
Heston Paige
Hunter Vaughn
Frank Fillip​
OG
Gerrad Kough*​
Josh Kaiser*​
Tim Lynott*
Brett Tonz*
Mo Bandi*
Justin Eggers*
Grant Polley
Will Sherman
Kolter Smith*
Casey Roddick (GS)
Kanan Ray​
C
Jonathan Huckins*​
n/a​
n/a​
Colby Pursell​
Josh Jynes​
NT
n/a​
Javier Edwards​
Lyle Tuiloma*​
n/a​
Jalen Sami (GS)​
DT/DE
George Frazier*
Leo Jackson*
Jase Franke*
Chris Mulumba*
Frank Umu*​
Terrance Lang
Terriek Roberts*
Nico Magri
Israel Antwine
Tava Finau
Mustafa Noel-Johnson (So)​
OLB
Tim Coleman*
Derek McCartney*​
Shamar Hamilton
Terran Hasselbach*
Michael Mathewes*
n/a​
Sam Bennion*
Jacob Callier
Chase Newman
Dante Sparaco
Nick Edridge
Brady Russell
Joshka Gustav
Ray Robinson
Davion Taylor (Jr)
Alex Tchangam (Jr)
Nu Falo* (Jr)
ILB
Trent Headley*
Bryan Meek*
Rick Gamboa*
Drew Lewis*
n/a​
Akil Jones*
Nate Landman
Jon Van Diest
Carson Wells
Jacob Stoltenberg*
Clyde Moore​
CB
Andrew Bergner*
Isaiah Oliver​
Kevin George
Anthony Julmisse
Dante Wigley*
Ronnie Blackmon*
Chris Miller
Derrion Rakestraw*
Trey Udoffia*
Uryan Hudson*
Delrick Abrams (Jr)
S
Afolabi Laguda*
Ryan Moeller*
Nick Fisher
Jaisen Sanchez*
Kyle Trego
Evan Worthington*
Darrell Hubbard
Daniel Talley*
Lucas Cooper*
Isaiah Lewis
Hasaan Hypolite
Aaron Maddox (So)
L.J. Wallace​
K
Chris Graham*​
n/a​
Nick Porter*
Davis Price
James Stefanou​
n/a​
P
n/a​
Alex Kinney​
n/a​
n/a​
Sam Loy (Jr)#​
LS
n/a​
n/a​
J.T. Bale*​
n/a​
n/a​
TOTAL (90)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
* = has redshirted
# = transfer; must redshirt this season by rule
italics = walk on (only scholarship roster is counted in numbers)

Scholarship only at this point. Also, some were "best guesses" on position. Particularly with some guys on the OL (is Middlemiss an OG now?) and with the LB spots that we may not know well until fall camp.

Total is at 90, but it's really 92 because Lee and Ento redshirted as seniors in 2017.​

Last edited:
QB talent is young and there are only three of them. WR talent is great, Rakeshaw looks like a DB to me.

QB talent is young and there are only three of them. WR talent is great, Rakeshaw looks like a DB to me.

fwiw, I loved Rakestraw's junior & senior highlights on defense. I think he'd be one hell of a safety.

Also, did not realize how young the OL is skewed.

I'd like for CU to find room to add an OL for the junior class from the May grad JUCOs. Would make a huge difference in the 2018 2-deep. (Or a transfer. We could redshirt in 2017.)

I'd like to see a JUCO OT as well but there just aren't that many of those guys out there who legitimately can play.

If we can find one great, if not I don't want just a body.

Better chance might be a grad transfer from a major school who is stuck behind another quality tackle. Give us one good year for the young guys to mature.

Is Diego Gonzales getting a medical red shirt?

No. That ship has sailed with the NCAA. The appeal was to get them to reverse that terrible ruling they made that his year of college in Mexico counted against his eligibility clock. Denied.

We need a kicker.

We may be recruiting one. At the least, a PWO to compete with Davis Price. I'm not sure what Graham's status is on coming back for the 5th year. I haven't heard anyone say he's not, but I also haven't heard anyone express an expectation that he'll be our kicker in 2017.

You have a point with WR, but OL not so much.

Plus, you recruit in 2017 for what you'll need in 2018. CU did that very well.

Biggest problem in the past was that we were always recruiting to replace seniors instead of recruiting to replace juniors. That way forces way too many freshmen onto the field.

So if we're going to start talking about 2018 class needs in recruiting, I'd look at the 2017 juniors (not the 2017 seniors). Then, look for the expected 2018 holes and figure we'll plug with JUCOs, not freshmen, for immediate needs.

You are right, maybe not a major need. But will still like to see 2 or 3 OL picked up in 2018, Like to always have about 15 to 17 OL on the roster. OL usually take 2 or 3 years to develop. You also have attrition, and guys graduating early.

I put the spaces back in there but take a look to make sure I didn't make it even worse!

Allsome! Thank you! I only found one adjustment that I took care of with the OGs.

(and also realized I had miscounted the juniors and sophs)

I'm more concerned with OG than OT depth.
Huckins has been less than stellar. Kaiser has been invisible and have heard almost nothing from him.
Polley and Sherman may be in the mix for PT as true frosh, from a need standpoint.

OT, you have two starters back. Kronshage was just holding on the last few years based on good talent, poor motivation.
Miller is bigger and stronger. He is 21 now and ready to play. Middlemiss will be in his 3rd year. And then we have Moretti, who I expect will be completely ready by fall and will push all of the above.

RB - a position where a True Frosh can step in. Hagan needs to find a monster here in '18.

Safety - looks bare, but we also know Robinson will be a guy who will be very ready as a freshman, being the coach's kid and physically mature as well. Seems like we should have taken at least one more here though.

You are right, maybe not a major need. But will still like to see 2 or 3 OL picked up in 2018, Like to always have about 15 to 17 OL on the roster. OL usually take 2 or 3 years to develop. You also have attrition, and guys graduating early.
You always take at least 2-3 offensive lineman every year, regardless. A lot of years, more than that.

So next year i'm guessing that Wigley and Julmisse will be competing for the second CB spot right? Does Miller have what it takes to compete right away for playing time?

Also I thought that Bisharat would end up as a defensive player for us?

Don't have a CU football offseason thread, so I'll just put this here... Oliver with a 6.99 in the 60 meters. For reference, current world record is 6.39...

Did anyone else start throwing out the singles after reading this tweet?

Back