What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 Colorado Roster (with 2018 commits)

Who are attrition candidates? Bounds, Franke, Lopez, Hasselbach, Matthewes, Tonz, Graham, Jaison Sanchez? Other than those, I can't really see any other candidates.
Bounds, Franke, Matthewes are in the mix for major playing time.
I've heard they expect Tonz to be a contender by next fall for PT.
I suspect Graham can be done (5th year guy).
Other than that, none are obvious.

Could be 4 with a greyshirt.
I'm thinking at least 2 greyshirts and at least one current player not on the above list.

Who are attrition candidates? Bounds, Franke, Lopez, Hasselbach, Matthewes, Tonz, Graham, Jaison Sanchez? Other than those, I can't really see any other candidates.
Lopez is being shifted to TE according to Howell. Appears to be part of the plan so I doubt he leaves.

Howell article also suggests we are no longer looking for a RB to add to '17 class. States Donovan Lee will be ready by fall, so that gives us 4 RBs with experience plus Fontenot. Probably a couple emergency walkons as well.

RB depth is definitely questionable if that is the plan.
As long as Lindsay stays healthy, depth is fine. It's not like anybody they brought in was going to overtake him as the #1 guy or even go 50/50 w him in reps anyways. PL gets hurt... then they're scrambling with some pretty mediocre guys.

Is there any question, though, that they NEED another RB in 2018, whether it be JUCO or HS?

As long as Lindsay stays healthy, depth is fine. It's not like anybody they brought in was going to overtake him as the #1 guy or even go 50/50 w him in reps anyways. PL gets hurt... then they're scrambling with some pretty mediocre guys.

Is there any question, though, that they NEED another RB in 2018, whether it be JUCO or HS?

There needs to be a good second option at RB. No one wants to see Montez carrying the ball as much as Sefo did last season. Sefo had twice as many rushes as the second leading RB last year, and I think it is fair to say many of those were designed runs.

To your second point, there is no doubt.

Last edited:
There needs to be a good second option at RB. No one wants to see Montez carrying the ball as much as Sefo did last season. Sefo had twice as many rushes as the second leading RB last year, and I think it is fair to say many of those were designed runs.

Some good points.

I would like to see them bring in a guy like Hunt who offers a different size/style package than Linsay.

Mixed in with that large number of rushes by Sefo last season were a lot of short yardage runs since Phil isn't a very big guy. I'd rather not see Montez out there trying to push DTs backwards to pick up first downs. A bigger back would at least give us a threat in those situations.

IMO, I think it's fair to say this season is BB's chance to make his case to remain at RB for his career. He needs to step up. Also, Fontenot needs to be the truth. If he turns out to be JAG, can we start questioning Hagan as a recruiter?

IMO, I think it's fair to say this season is BB's chance to make his case to remain at RB for his career. He needs to step up. Also, Fontenot needs to be the truth. If he turns out to be JAG, can we start questioning Hagan as a recruiter?

One of the those two guys needs to really prove themselves this year. Otherwise, RB is looking very lean going forward.

I agree with Scheck and Duff on this. Some current guys need to step up and we absolutely need to add someone at rb for 2018. PL is the guy for now, him getting hurt would be a damn sledge to the head. Guys behind him are in an open competition imho. How much do those guys want it and what are they willing to do to make an impact? Hope one of them answers that question.

I moved George Frazier to DE since that seems to be where he's going to focus this fall (though he's still splitting time at TE).

In a surprise announcement, Eddy Lopez is going to drop 20-30 lbs and go into fall camp as a blocking TE.

MacIntyre said there are some other position changes being considered.

http://www.buffzone.com/football-cu...ng-veteran-defensive-lineman-eddy-lopez-tight
WTF? MacIntyre's TE philosophy is an abomination. The stubborness he demonstrates toward that position has to stop. Montez can exploit the seams in the middle of the field and, if ignored, it will become an offensive liability IMO.

WTF? MacIntyre's TE philosophy is an abomination. The stubborness he demonstrates toward that position has to stop. Montez can exploit the seams in the middle of the field and, if ignored, it will become an offensive liability IMO.
This is a move to tell Lopez they are done giving him reps at DL and maybe he can help as a big bodied, blocking TE for short yardage. Watch what they have been doing in recruiting with the TE position. They are clearly trying to bring in a few pass catchers who present mismatches over the middle.

This is a move to tell Lopez they are done giving him reps at DL and maybe he can help as a big bodied, blocking TE for short yardage. Watch what they have been doing in recruiting with the TE position. They are clearly trying to bring in a few pass catchers who present mismatches over the middle.
Let's hope the AZ prospect they picked up late in the recent recruiting cycle pans out. Their philosophy to this point has been a recruiting deterent.

What? As long as someone is healthy, you don't need depth. Depth is there in the event of injuries...

Wondering if Paige and Sami are the most likely gray shirts here. Sami is listed as a RSFR on the grid btw. Polley a possible OT? Is Morreti still injured, when will he be ready to play? How does Graham still have a scholarship, hasn't he graduated?

With the news of Casey Roddick (OG) and Jalen Sami (NT) grayshirting, I've updated the OP table. The 85-man roster for 2017 is set and we've got 11 recruiting commits + 1 transfer and the 2 grayshirts coming onto the 2018 roster against 17 seniors graduating. Figuring normal attrition, there are likely 6-8 more spots to fill in the 2018 recruiting class.

With the news of Casey Roddick (OG) and Jalen Sami (NT) grayshirting, I've updated the OP table. The 85-man roster for 2017 is set and we've got 11 recruiting commits + 1 transfer and the 2 grayshirts coming onto the 2018 roster against 17 seniors graduating. Figuring normal attrition, there are likely 6-8 more spots to fill in the 2018 recruiting class.
Dayum man, that's all we got let left?

I'd like to see some defensive linemen finish this class out.

With that length and leaping ability (crazy good long jump numbers in HS T&F), this could be an incredible move for him and the program.

It also explains some of the extra recruiting we're seeing at WR this cycle. This makes a ton of sense. (Wasn't sure on exact DB spot, so I put him at S where the depth chart has the bigger need.)

Huntley listed at 6'3" 220 lbs. http://www.cubuffs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=11179

Could he maybe be looked at as a flex TE in the future, catching the ball out of the slot and big enough to crack block down on a DE or LB (or take out the outside CB on a WR screen)?
Depends on if he RS and how much more weight he's able to put on without losing a whole lot of his speed/athleticism. That kind of size doesn't come along often with the kind of speed and athleticism he has.

Wow. David Boston, anyone?
Nah, bro
tight-end-shannon-sharpe-of-the-denver-broncos-celebrates-a-touchdown-picture-id2696306

Back