What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 Season Hype/Countdown Thread

yeah i want to hear the reasoning on this one.
The next tweet basically said they were giving the players a larger stipend. I still don't know if I like that. Making sure the players are fed well is a priority, and leaving their meals up to them is risky, IMO.

The next tweet basically said they were giving the players a larger stipend. I still don't know if I like that. Making sure the players are fed well is a priority, and leaving their meals up to them is risky, IMO.
Unless with class schedules they weren't utilizing the training table for more than snacks during the day and it was better to do it like this. I am pretty confident that they wouldn't do this unless it was justified as better.

Unless with class schedules they weren't utilizing the training table for more than snacks during the day and it was better to do it like this. I am pretty confident that they wouldn't do this unless it was justified as better.
Yeah and it's not like they are saving money since they are just reallocating that to the players stipend.

I would imagine there was a very good reason, just wish he would have elaborated more.

You would think breakfast training table would be the most used since they are working out every morning and likely headed to eat right after.

Top honors in bench press today:

Javier Edwards 405 lbs
George Frazier 410 lbs
Terran Hasselbach 415 lbs

video at link:

Top honors in bench press today:

Javier Edwards 405 lbs
George Frazier 410 lbs
Terran Hasselbach 415 lbs

video at link:

Good to see Hasslebach working hard. Considering the challenges he overcame just to be a P5 player hard not to want to see him do well.

Is it just me thinking that Montez is benefiting from flying under the radar due to all that Josh Allen hype coming out of Laramie?

2. Colorado (RB Phillip Lindsay Sr. WR Shay Fields Sr. T Jeromy Irwin Sr. QB Steven Montez So. G Gerrad Kough Sr.)
The Buffs lose four-year starter at quarterback Sefo Liufau, but Steven Montez might already be better than Liufau and hopefully less injury prone. Lindsay and Fields could easily be the best running back and receiver in the conference. The offensive line returns a ton of talent, including first-team-level tackle Irwin.

2. Colorado (RB Phillip Lindsay Sr. WR Shay Fields Sr. T Jeromy Irwin Sr. QB Steven Montez So. G Gerrad Kough Sr.)
The Buffs lose four-year starter at quarterback Sefo Liufau, but Steven Montez might already be better than Liufau and hopefully less injury prone. Lindsay and Fields could easily be the best running back and receiver in the conference. The offensive line returns a ton of talent, including first-team-level tackle Irwin.

They also list Colorado as the #2 offensive line: https://www.pacifictakes.com/2017/7...on-and-colorado-have-best-lines-in-conference
2. Colorado (T Jeromy Irwin Sr. G Gerrad Kough Sr. G Tim Lynott So. T Aaron Haigler Fr. G Jonathan Huckins Sr.)
The Buffs have built up a great offensive line loaded with experience and talent in 2017. Irwin is a first-team All-Pac-12 player and Kough and Lynott aren’t far behind.

And Lindsay as the top back: https://www.pacifictakes.com/2017/6...ndsay-edges-out-myles-gaskin-and-ronald-jones
1. Phillip Lindsay Sr. Colorado
Lindsay might be the best pure offensive player in the Pac-12 coming back in 2017. He has speed, strength and is versatile to do just about anything as a running back. A serious candidate for Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year in 2017.

And Fields as the #2 receiver: https://www.pacifictakes.com/2017/7...e-pettis-and-shay-fields-battle-over-top-spot
2. Shay Fields Sr. Colorado
Fields was Colorado’s top target in 2016 and a big reason why their offense blew up. He had more than 50 catches for 883 yards and nine touchdowns. I think he can crack the 1,000-yard mark and 10-touchdown mark.

Just upgraded my Comcast service from internet only to interet + TV especially P12N for the same cost as they were charging me for the internet only plan.

Current offers expire 9/21...maybe a good time to look at your TV options?

I have no idea what to expect from us this season.

How will Montez react to being the man? How will we miss Sefo's leadership or who'll step up to fill the void? How will we be affected by the loss of our top defensive players and the shakeup on the coaching staff?

How will Montez react to being the man? How will we miss Sefo's leadership or who'll step up to fill the void? How will we be affected by the loss of our top defensive players and the shakeup on the coaching staff?

With Lindsay and the WR corps back this season, perhaps Montez does't have to do as much?

Never want a guy to get hurt but I feel much better because Sefo did last year. Montez handled the pressure pretty well against some quality competition last season.

Not exactly the same but reason to think he won't buckle under the pressure.

The defense will need some guys to step up, that is a legit concern until we see it happen.

JL was a very good coach and connected emotionally with his players but I think that M2 has the experience and ability to keep things together there.

Never want a guy to get hurt but I feel much better because Sefo did last year. Montez handled the pressure pretty well against some quality competition last season.

Not exactly the same but reason to think he won't buckle under the pressure.

The defense will need some guys to step up, that is a legit concern until we see it happen.

JL was a very good coach and connected emotionally with his players but I think that M2 has the experience and ability to keep things together there.

Such as?

upload_2017-7-11_16-49-29.png

This stretch of games eased a lot of concern for me. He played poorly against Michigan, not surprising for a guy in his first real action against a top defense when he wasn't expected or fully prepared to play. He then played very well against Oregon and OSU. Oregon wasn't the normal high quality Oregon but they were still a big name opponent with some talented defenders. He did well against OSU as well then while not a standout against USC he gave us a chance to win the game in LA.

Like a lot of Fr. QBs will be he was up and down but he didn't play like a guy intimidated by some quality opponents. He certainly didn't do like Wood a few years ago and fall apart when faced with a live defense and the attention of a crowd.

I was pretty drunk so you guys will have to remind me but I thought he came in with good energy in the second quarter of the champ game. The team overall seemed a little flat but that was a good defense to get thrown in against.

I was pretty drunk so you guys will have to remind me but I thought he came in with good energy in the second quarter of the champ game. The team overall seemed a little flat but that was a good defense to get thrown in against.

He had some nice plays in that game but by the time he went in I think Washington was already in coast home mode. Important though that he isn't intimidated by the moment.

View attachment 23046

This stretch of games eased a lot of concern for me. He played poorly against Michigan, not surprising for a guy in his first real action against a top defense when he wasn't expected or fully prepared to play. He then played very well against Oregon and OSU. Oregon wasn't the normal high quality Oregon but they were still a big name opponent with some talented defenders. He did well against OSU as well then while not a standout against USC he gave us a chance to win the game in LA.

Like a lot of Fr. QBs will be he was up and down but he didn't play like a guy intimidated by some quality opponents. He certainly didn't do like Wood a few years ago and fall apart when faced with a live defense and the attention of a crowd.

Where is the quality opposition he "handled the pressure well against"?

He did well against Oregon and Oregon State, who were a combined 8-16.

He didn't play well against either Michigan, USC, Washington or Oklahoma State. They were a combined 42-11.

He was okay. I felt like we were fortunate to be down only 7 at half... and then Sefo basically ended any hope on the first two drives of the second half.

He had some nice plays in that game but by the time he went in I think Washington was already in coast home mode. Important though that he isn't intimidated by the moment.
It was 14-0 and he came in and scored before half correct? Then sefo started the second half?

Where is the quality opposition he "handled the pressure well against"?

He did well against Oregon and Oregon State, who were a combined 8-16.

He didn't play well against either Michigan, USC, Washington or Oklahoma State. They were a combined 42-11.

He did fine, outside of the Michigan game, he seemed on par with Sefo.

I would say the Michigan game was a little exaggerated, he came in and Michigan had already started to tee off on the QB and they took it to another level. Some key key drops let him down there too.

The USC game was honestly probably worse than we all think it was, they made it clear on the first play they were going to come after him and he couldn't handle it and that wasn't the typical USC defense we see with the freaks up front. Big growing experience for him though.

Washington was fine in my eyes, should have played the second half.

Osu was a total cluster **** where everyone looked bad outside of lindsay/

Dude handled Autzen in his first start with a record setting performance, the stage wasn't too big for him at USC in the loss (poor game by his standards, but only lost by 4), and he provided our only touchdown drive (to tie it) in the 1st half against Washington. All on the road or neutral. I'm not worried.

Last edited:
Dude handled Autzen in his first start with a record setting performance, the stage wasn't too big for him at USC in the loss (poor game by his standards, but only lost by 4), and he provided our only touchdown drive (to tie it) in the 1st half against Washington. All on the road or neutral. I'm not worried.
Don't Montease me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say the Michigan game was a little exaggerated, he came in and Michigan had already started to tee off on the QB and they took it to another level. Some key key drops let him down there too.

The USC game was honestly probably worse than we all think it was, they made it clear on the first play they were going to come after him and he couldn't handle it and that wasn't the typical USC defense we see with the freaks up front. Big growing experience for him though.

Washington was fine in my eyes, should have played the second half.

Osu was a total cluster **** where everyone looked bad outside of lindsay/

And that USC game is the main reason why I am not entirely convinced about him.

Eh, the USC game could have easily been a 2 score win for them (JuJu took a knee on what would have been a TD late in the 4th), even with their 4 turnovers and one of our TDs coming on the long trick play. Had they played a clean game, could have been a first half blowout. They thoroughly dominated throughout the game and Montez wasn't great, but that was his 3rd career start, on the road, against a team that was arguably a top 2-3 team in the country after they made the QB change.

Back