What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 Season Hype/Countdown Thread

I like everything about Embree and agree that he bleeds Black&Gold. Was disappointed though with the race card getting pulled out, when it all went down. He was over his head a little when he accepted the position.

Lindsay getting more national love as a top RB in the country
10. Phillip Lindsay, Sr. Colorado
The Buffs might lose a slew of key starters on the defensive side, but the offense will work just fine with the running game taking center stage. Lindsay might only be 58 and 190 pounds, but he can handle the workload with close to 300 touches, running for 1,252 yards and 16 scores and with 53 catches for 493 yards.

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/top-20-running-backs-preview-2017

This team can/will win it's share of games this season depending on how Montez performs. He looked pretty special as a starter last season, when the coaches let him open up (UO) and didn't throttle him down with play calling (USC). Montez had me thinking quite a bit about John Hessler. John was phenomenal when he stepped in for an injured Koy Detmer in 1995, he had a season for the ages. 1996 saw Hessler having a pretty steep drop off in play.

Anyway, hopefully 2017 sees a great year from Montez and the CU offensive play calling and CU should have another very good year.

19437130_1886296014977531_7799721653906178048_n.jpg

Going to need Montez to stay healthy. We have basically zero experience behind him with Noyer being coming of his RS Fr. year. The only other scholarship QB is Lytle but I really want to see us getting into the routine of giving our QBs that RS year. If either Montez or Noyer miss a lot of time we better hope that one of the walk-ons can step up and fill in. Keep hearing Marksbury's name in this roll, hope we don't need to find out.

I hope CU's offense is such a juggernaut that Noyer plays the 4th quarter most weeks and we all start worrying that Montez will go pro after the season.
That would be one bit of classic Allbuffs hand-wringing I would be ok with.

I am actually very confident in noyer, he is a player.

I have heard good things about him and think he will be at worst a solid backup. As some others here have indicated I hope the coaches figure out ways to get him significant snaps throughout the season so we can have a guy ready to come in who can handle the situation.

It is rare however that a P5 teams gets through the year without having a QB miss at least some time. If either Montez or Noyer goes down though we are one hit away from either burning Lyles RS or playing a WO. My preference would be, especially if it is only for a few plays that it be a WO but we need one to step up and take that role.

Going to need starting QB to stay healthy. We have basically zero experience behind him with backup QB coming off his RS Fr. year. The only other scholarship QB is 3rd string QB but I really want to see us getting into the routine of giving our QBs that RS year. If either current starting QB or backup QB miss a lot of time we better hope that one of the walk-ons can step up and fill in. Keep hearing walk-on QB's name in this roll, hope we don't need to find out.

Fixed to share what is essentially the same QB post every year on every team's message board. Rinse and repeat.

Back