What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel..

Rooting for a USC upset over ND this weekend with our head coaching vacancy in mind. And unless that team has quit on Helton (which I'll admit is very possible) I would put their chances of beating the Irish at over 50%. How do you fire a head coach who took you to a Rose Bowl win, a 3rd & 10th place finish nationally in the last two years, and, oh yeah, you owe $20MM?

Rooting for a USC upset over ND this weekend with our head coaching vacancy in mind. And unless that team has quit on Helton (which I'll admit is very possible) I would put their chances of beating the Irish at over 50%. How do you fire a head coach who took you to a Rose Bowl win, a 3rd & 10th place finish nationally in the last two years, and, oh yeah, you owe $20MM?

I’ll put the Trojans chances of actually showing up to the Coliseum at over 50%. As for winning the game, it’s closer to 2-3%.

Might be worth watching TCU-Gary Patterson may retire. Had to go as far as shooting down reports of it on twitter per footballscoop. There are coaches on that staff (Sonny Cumbie in particular) I'd love to poach.

i think we're missing about 2-3 dozen more coach candidates in the coaching bazaar. i want to make sure that rg knows that we have done all of our research to provide a comprehensive catalog of options.

do it for the team, kids.

Sounds to me like James Franklin wants the USC job based on his non-denial of interest and saying nothing about wanting to be at Penn State in 2019 when asked about the potential opening in LA (more of a "premature because that job's not officially open yet and it's a party foul in the profession if I start lobbying for it"):

“It’s that time of year where all this stuff happens,” Franklin said. “As you guys know, like always we’re focused on Maryland completely, 100 percent. I don’t even think it’s fair or right to be talking about that with everything I understand about it. We’re completely focused on Maryland.”
http://footballscoop.com/news/james-franklin-addresses-usc-speculation/

Sounds to me like James Franklin wants the USC job based on his non-denial of interest and saying nothing about wanting to be at Penn State in 2019 when asked about the potential opening in LA (more of a "premature because that job's not officially open yet and it's a party foul in the profession if I start lobbying for it"):

“It’s that time of year where all this stuff happens,” Franklin said. “As you guys know, like always we’re focused on Maryland completely, 100 percent. I don’t even think it’s fair or right to be talking about that with everything I understand about it. We’re completely focused on Maryland.”
Franklin would be a home run hire for USC and would create a huge domino affect on the carousel.

Franklin would be a very good hire, provided he got the right coordinators to have USC beating elite teams.

No doubt he would be pulling top five talent every year though.

it is a thanksgiving miracle!

that would be awesome.

i put on my black and gold sunglasses and i turn my head toward the blue skies and the sun. i see a vision. i see our Buffs, trampling the trojans on our way to the p12 south title. next year. and, i see a leader of men; a fiery inspiring, ingenious coach; leading us to victory. and, i see a whole bunch of blue chip guys on our sidelines. some have redshirted and some have played. and, i see montez win all-conference honors; and viska named an all-america receiver. i see folsom sold out. i see national rankings. i see donations shooting up.

i try to squint to see more clearly who this coach is--- it isn't quite clear yet. but, it is going to happen.

upload_2018-11-20_12-0-47.jpeg

Don't squeeze the Charmin!

r

:mad::mad::(:cry:
I want to be the school where coaches leave Penn State to come coach for us.

Pre-Turkey Day Update:

Filled jobs:

KU- pulls the trigger first, Les Miles, 5 years $2.775MM/year.
Louisville- Jeff Brohm jumps ship from Purdue. (h/t SewallBeach) No official announcement yet. UPDATE: Jeff Brohm says his departure is "completely false" .https://www.jconline.com/story/spor...ille-speculation-completely-false/2014781002/ Of course, that means he will be in Louisville by Dec. 1. UPDATE of the UPDATE: nada.

Open jobs:

CU- Mike MacIntyre out, Kurt Roper interim.
Consult the dedicated thread for the SCOOOOOOP
BGSU- Mike Jinks the first casualty (h/t Mtn.)
Maryland- DJ Dirkin gets the hook for just one dead player, can you believe it? (h/t SewallBeach)
UMASS- Mark Whipple out. (h/t tschek)

Secondary Market:

Purdue- Brohm leaves for Louisville, or he stays. UPDATE: as noted above Brohm denies leaving, but if he does, potential replacements are being sought. Names: Neal Brown of Troy, Butch Jones, Skip Holtz, Tony Elliott, Matt Canada, Mike Norvell. (h/t nik).

Possibles:

USC- Helton on thin ice, Jack Del Rio rumors (h/t onealcd), this week's loss to fUCLA pretty much is the nail in the coffin. UPDATE: Helton stays? (h/t SerenityBuff), other rumors name James Franklin and Jeff Fischer in addition to Del Rio (h/t nik).
UCONN- Edsall not winning
Rutgers- Chris Ash UPDATE: Ash is back (h/t nik).
Illinois- Lovie Smith
UNC- Larry Fedora
Okie Lite- The Mullet man
GT- Paul Johnson (h/t ahoelsken)
KjSU- Snydley may hang it up (h/t ahoelsken)
Vanderbilt- Derek Mason. (h/t ahoelsken), but nik says no movement until a new AD says Boo.

FCS Openings:

Eastern Illinois- (h/t Deniro)
Texas State- (h/t deniro)
Charlotte- (h/t DeNiro)
University of Northern Colorado- Earnest Hollings is safe and will remain head bear (h/t ahoelsken)

Other news:
Malzahn will stay apparently. (h/t TSchek)
DJ Durkin to get a $5MM buyout.
Major "Howdy Doody" Applewhite has close brush with death. Narrowly escapes being All-America DT Ed Oliver's sideline hors d'ouerve in gripping wardrobe dispute.

Interesting mention on SiriusXM PAC-12 channel was that the reason USC is planning on keeping Helton for another year is because the plan is to let Urban Meyer leave OSU after this season and take a 1 year sabbatical before being hired by USC.

Interesting mention on SiriusXM PAC-12 channel was that the reason USC is planning on keeping Helton for another year is because the plan is to let Urban Meyer leave OSU after this season and take a 1 year sabbatical before being hired by USC.

Urban could blow that out of the water by staying in Columbus and continuing to destroy them from the inside.

Back