What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel..

So we're not getting Les Miles? Not gonna lie, I was kinda on that train. I saw an instant boost in caché, uptick in recruiting, probably some good assistant hires, and competitiveness. Then we'd get to hire another big name coach. Now it's another crapshoot.

Moving on from MM and LM

I want a successful coach, not a hot assistant with no head coaching experience

Seth Littrell
Matt Wells
Rod Carey

Moving on from MM and LM

I want a successful coach, not a hot assistant with no head coaching experience

Seth Littrell
Matt Wells
Rod Carey

I kinda get the first two, but WTF on the third one? Explain to me what I am missing.

That is the guy you think can come in here and elevate recruiting in the Pac-12?

If Georgia Tech or Vandy open up, then we could part ways with MM in a smooth quiet way because he would want one of those jobs in a heartbeat!!!
My friends who went to GT think that Johnson has done enough to keep his job. Beating Miami never hurts

Saw this list on a USC site to replace him:

#10 Hue Jackson (Not likely)
#9 Kris Richard (Option #5)
#8 Matt Wells (Solid Hire)
#7 Matt Campbell (Dream hire)
#6 Kyle Whittingham (No way)
#5 Dino Babers (Decent hire)
#4 Pete Carroll (Restraining Order?)
#3 Jack Del Rio (Probably top choice right now)
#2 John Harbaugh (Maybe)
#1 Chris Petersen (NO)

The carousel is spinning, and spinning at an increasing rate.

Methinks the early signing deadline is driving this. So, if RG makes a move, I look for it to be a quickdraw.

The Mad Hatter waits for no man. (I don't know why but that strikes me funny)
508dbe8cb9f97b73ac36e07b23eb6da1.jpg

Saw this list on a USC site to replace him:

#10 Hue Jackson (Not likely)
#9 Kris Richard (Option #5)
#8 Matt Wells (Solid Hire)
#7 Matt Campbell (Dream hire)
#6 Kyle Whittingham (No way)
#5 Dino Babers (Decent hire)
#4 Pete Carroll (Restraining Order?)
#3 Jack Del Rio (Probably top choice right now)
#2 John Harbaugh (Maybe)
#1 Chris Petersen (NO)
Harbaugh or Franklin.

If the average fan has to google the name, it’s not a transformational hire for CU. Pass.

who gives a crap what usc does when a full blown dumster fire is burning in our backyard

Last edited:
If the average fan has to google the name, it’s not a transformational hire for CU. Pass.
That's a tough standard, though.

But I assume you mean more the average fan for our type of message board community. In which case, I'd agree that anyone the average person on message boards like this would need to google is not someone who is going to move the needle (though he could be a damn fine coach and end up being a good hire).

Anyone else think that Beaty was actually doing a solid job at KU at improving their football program?

I get that the wins weren't there and the improvement was slow and incremental, but I believe that he is a good coach who has done nothing to hurt his career.

I also hoped for Miles, but:

Scott Satterfield (App State)

Not sold on, but intrigued by:
Nick Rolovich (Hawaii coach)-NorCal connections, has a program left for dead playing for a bowl game
Mike Yurcich-offensive coordinator at Ok State
Chris Klieman-NDSU

That's a tough standard, though.

But I assume you mean more the average fan for our type of message board community. In which case, I'd agree that anyone the average person on message boards like this would need to google is not someone who is going to move the needle (though he could be a damn fine coach and end up being a good hire).

Tough but fair. We’re talking hundreds of millions of dollars on the table. Facilities, tv contracts, admissions, alumni donations, conference realignment. This is about strategic postiitioning of a multi billion dollar brand: CU.

Anyone else think that Beaty was actually doing a solid job at KU at improving their football program?

I get that the wins weren't there and the improvement was slow and incremental, but I believe that he is a good coach who has done nothing to hurt his career.
Apparently he was dishonest about how he managed the roster with blue shirts and the like for several years, and now they’re still below the limit and can only sign something like 15 players next year (per a Jayhawk). Someone can check if that’s 100% accurate but if so I’d say he deserved to be fired.

Tough but fair. We’re talking hundreds of millions of dollars on the table. Facilities, tv contracts, admissions, alumni donations, conference realignment. This is about strategic postiitioning of a multi billion dollar brand: CU.
I have been wanting a coach who will make waves for that reason. I want it to be someone who has significant work at a top program(s). Don't really care if he's coming here from a P5 coordinator job, P5 HC job, semi retirement, NFL job or G5 job. We need someone who will light a spark, make those waves, and knows what goes into being an Alabama or Ohio State or Clemson or Notre Dame or Michigan or Oklahoma.

Apparently he was dishonest about how he managed the roster with blue shirts and the like for several years, and now they’re still below the limit and can only sign something like 15 players next year (per a Jayhawk). Someone can check if that’s 100% accurate but if so I’d say he deserved to be fired.
I'd agree. I'd also say that makes him more interesting to me as a guy I'd want on staff. Wasn't so bad that they didn't let him coach out the season, but showed a willingness to get creative in his recruiting.

Kansas would win 10 out of 10 against Macintyre currently. Tell you that much.

Back