What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel..

I'd like to see him at a higher profile gig first. Definitely intrigues me. I'd hope RG would call him if we had a vacancy.
I don’t necessarily think a bigger, higher profile P5 job means a guy is more ready for an NFL job than someone at a smaller P5 job. Does a higher profile job come with more pressures than other jobs? Sure, but outside of that, I’m not sure why it would really matter. Besides, college and the NFL are far too different to base it on anything like that, IMO. College success is mostly tied to recruiting ability, which there is none of in the NFL. I will say that every NFL HC has to be a supremely talented leader of men, very bright in the X’s and O’s with outside the box thinking, and a great communicator. Those would be the primary traits I’d be looking for in an NFL coach.

I'm not trying to be argumentative about it, I'm just curious why certain guys are pegged as desirable NFL guys but others aren't, and specifically how that applies to Campbell (or Peterson). I'm personally all for it, tbh. The NFL is getting stale in its ways, needs fresh ideas and the most creative concepts in the sport are being done in college.

The domineering college coach is not a fit. Think Saban. Terrific college coach, one year with the Dolphins and the players were talking about kicking his midget ass. Does not work in the NFL.

The domineering college coach is not a fit. Think Saban. Terrific college coach, one year with the Dolphins and the players were talking about kicking his midget ass. Does not work in the NFL.

This

The best pro coaches aren't guys who control every little thing. What they are is guys who can manage and motivate a variety of different players and assistants. This doesn't mean they don't work hard and doesn't mean they are liked but they are able to delegate and are respected even when not liked.

Even a guy like Belichek is able to put a lot into the hands of his coordinators and focus on managing personalities (including guys like Brady and McDaniels.

If you look at a guy like VJ with the Broncos he has a good reputation as a coach, a guy who works hard and knows his stuff. He has admitted though that he doesn't have control over his assistants and while the players like him they don't seem to take him seriously.

Belichek?

Sometimes guys just need a change of scenery.

It may also get very ugly for the guy that follows him. Fans at most schools tend to think that they are better than they are. The Okie Lite fans are thinking they should be contending for the league and for the playoff. They aren't OU or UT, Hard to think of a coach who can do better than Gundy did there and they are going to have a hard time finding someone who can do as well.
Love,
Phil Fulmer

"Not much concern with $38m in buyout money..."

CU fan be like..
tenor.gif

Probably not a situation where anything happens this year (or even next), but PJ Fleck........ouch. That was a nine win team he took over as well.

I heard the relationship between tOSU's AD and football staff was getting bad, but is it really going to end in Urban resigning after the season? If so, the AD should have just fired him during that "investigation" and done themselves a PR favor. Either way, Urban Meyer to Boulder 2019???

I know you’re joking, but it would take a seismic shift in attitude for CU to consider hiring Urban Meyer.

I wonder who USC goes with.. safe to say they won't go with the unknown boring in house guy.

If I were them, I'd go with a defensive guy. No reason that team shouldn't have pretty top notch defenses every year.

Back