What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Buff offense

The tough thing about HCMM and my feelings about his future is that so much is dependent on what happens this year.

If CU misses a bowl again, I want a new coach.

If CU goes like 6-6 or 7-5, I wouldn't be crying in my beer if he decided to leave and wouldn't be crying in my beer if he decided to stay.

If CU does something like go 9-3 with a Top 25 recruiting class lined up, I'd probably be lobbying to match offers in order to keep him.
How does 6-6 or 7-5 translate to conference wins for you?

Conference championships and NY6 are in the Strategic Plan, not overall record, if I recall contents correctly.

I wanted him fired year efore last. He earned an extension but RG panicked. He has to win or he is gone. And should be. For me that’s 6 conference wins in 2018. No excuses. I don’t care about OOC.

How long of a leash do you give him? Not flaming. Just asking.

This year, winning season, bowl game. RG lined out the goals he wanted set.

Can't figure out that complex problems aren't solved with a couple of one-line solutions that aren't that easy to implement, so claim poster attack.
Who are the CU analysts? Why don’t they have more like other programs?

Should we discuss importance of Director of Player Personnel or Director of Football Ops and their impact on winning football?

How about the way other programs are structuring and supporting Recruiting Operations?

These functions are essential to success. I don’t see it in action at CU.

Do you?

How does 6-6 or 7-5 translate to conference wins for you?

Conference championships and NY6 are in the Strategic Plan, not overall record, if I recall contents correctly.
As goals. Not annual expectations. If RG believes that CU football should be expected to win the Pac-12 South and play in a NY6 bowl as a norm right now, then he's completely out to lunch. It was something to aspire to, as I understood it.

Allow me to put it another way. In 1982, Bill McCartney named Nebraska as the rival and made it so that beating Nebraska was the annual goal.

In his 13 years as CU's coach, McCartney went 3-9-1 against Nebraska.

At what point in his tenure should he have been fired for failing to meet that objectively stated goal?

As goals. Not annual expectations. If RG believes that CU football should be expected to win the Pac-12 South and play in a NY6 bowl as a norm right now, then he's completely out to lunch. It was something to aspire to, as I understood it.

Allow me to put it another way. In 1982, Bill McCartney named Nebraska as the rival and made it so that beating Nebraska was the annual goal.

At what point in his tenure should he have been fired for failing to meet that objectively stated goal?

After that goddamn tie in 1991. Duh.

As a refresher, here are the football goals. Football has missed one already. I’m not sure they are on the correct trajectory for the other two. Time will tell.

Win P12 championship at least once between 2017 - 2019

Receive a bowl bid every year 2017 - 2019

Receive at least one NY6 bowl bid between 2017 - 2019

We need a championship before this decade is over. NEED.

As a refresher, here are the football goals. Football has missed one already. I’m not sure they are on the correct trajectory for the other two. Time will tell.

Win P12 championship at least once between 2017 - 2019

Receive a bowl bid every year 2017 - 2019

Receive at least one NY6 bowl bid between 2017 - 2019
Yep. And I strongly suspect that if CU goes to the Alamo Bowl the next 2 years with Top 25 finishes that RG will be very happy with HCMM's job performance despite missing every single goal.

Yep. And I strongly suspect that if CU goes to the Alamo Bowl the next 2 years with Top 25 finishes that RG will be very happy with HCMM's job performance despite missing every single goal.
That may be true.

I agree with ya, I don't see it that way either. The perception of others at that time was a bit different but **** them :D.

I don't see 1990 as blemished. I look at it as Osbourne being a jealous douchebag.
Ok I’ve always heard of the famous ****Osborne vote in the coaches poll, but why was he in the position to be the deciding vote? Was he the only coach to vote GT?

Ok I’ve always heard of the famous ****Osborne vote in the coaches poll, but why was he in the position to be the deciding vote? Was he the only coach to vote GT?

No, but this wasn't long after (prior year or two years) when he went on a rant about how coaches in the league should stand up for the league and vote for the fuskers for the good of the league he not only voted for GT over CU but he put CU as #4 because he didn't want to have to recruit against CU coming off a NC season.

When did I stroke his sack? I asked a question, something everyone should do more, you ****in sheep.

The cold must be getting to you. After you were told (twice) the circumstances of Osborne’s vote, you asked again if the facts were “real.” Then for the third time someone had to repeat what anyone “who bleeds black and gold” already knows. Maybe stick with your presently underperforming hockey team-the Fighting Hawks.

Given that recruiting day has came and gone, I think it's a good time to reassess the RB position especially with McMillian at RB. Will that light a fire under Bisharat to be ready to go at RB or does Bischart come to his senses and moves to LB along with using his redshirt this year? Since McMillian is an one year rental, who will be the RB in 2019?

Given that recruiting day has came and gone, I think it's a good time to reassess the RB position especially with McMillian at RB. Will that light a fire under Bisharat to be ready to go at RB or does Bischart come to his senses and moves to LB along with using his redshirt this year? Since McMillian is an one year rental, who will be the RB in 2019?
The guy I'm excited about for the future is Deion Smith. That was a 4* recruit if not for his injury. Legit 10.6 100m guy who I don't know we could have held onto if he had stayed healthy. I don't know if he'll be ready for 2018, but I think he's a future star for us. I like Fontenot a lot, too. It was huge, though, to land McMillian as a bridge to get to those guys sharing the load. If Evans is back to what he was in 2016 and Lee can give us a bit of what we've seen in flashes, I like this group. It's not the USC running back corp, but its solid.

I have seen nothing to suggest Beau is thinking about switching to LB other than it being a very popular topic for message board fans.

Last edited:
Back