What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Buff offense

I don't remember reading the quote from Chev, but I remember a couple people posting that Chev said he'll probably be in the booth.

Why do college OC's think the booth is better? Just watched a Super Bowl that had both play callers on the sidelines, reading the defenses, and calling a brilliant game. Is it because there are no Microsoft Tablets on the sidelines with instant game film that can be reviewed on the sideline that college seems to do it the opposite of the NFL?

I would prefer Chev on the sidelines, but I would also prefer Roper on the sideline with Montez and the QB's, and while we are at it, I would like Adams on the sidelines working with the OL and firing them up. So, what is the real solution?

Why do college OC's think the booth is better? Just watched a Super Bowl that had both play callers on the sidelines, reading the defenses, and calling a brilliant game. Is it because there are no Microsoft Tablets on the sidelines with instant game film that can be reviewed on the sideline that college seems to do it the opposite of the NFL?

I would prefer Chev on the sidelines, but I would also prefer Roper on the sideline with Montez and the QB's, and while we are at it, I would like Adams on the sidelines working with the OL and firing them up. So, what is the real solution?
I think the dynamic between QB and his coach works well with the coach being the eye in the sky. Montez can get on the phone while the team's on defense and Roper can give him insights on what he saw from on high.

In the end, I think that the OC that Chev learned the most from is Kingsbury who calls everything from the sideline as the HC. My guess is that Chev will emulate that.

NFL teams have a large posse of eyes in the sky, and instant video to show and share to the guy on the field. It really doesn't do him any good to be one guy watching.

BTW, Bernardi was usually, if not always, in the booth with Lindgren. I'd expect the same under Chev.

Doug Pederson is the Head Coach and playcaller, so that's why he is on the field, but yes, McDaniels has always been on the field. I actually see zero value in having the QB coach on the sideline. He has one player to tend to during a game, which can easily be done on the phone, and other responsibilities almost require being in the booth. IMO, Roper should be in the booth and Chev should be on the sidelines, but I guess it will come down to their personal preferences.

How many coaches do they usually have in the booth? 2 offense and 2 defense?
I’d guess Roper and Bernardi and Els and Brown next year.

How many coaches do they usually have in the booth? 2 offense and 2 defense?
I’d guess Roper and Bernardi and Els and Brown next year.

Els and Brown need to be on the field. My guess is someone like Taye is up in the booth to communicate with coaches on the field.

Els and Brown need to be on the field. My guess is someone like Taye is up in the booth to communicate with coaches on the field.
Did we not have a defensive AC in the booth last year? I remember Elliot, Jeffcoat and Brown on the sidelines. I don't remember Els on the sidelines, but I could have missed him.
I think we want more than just Taye in the booth. Taye could relay info to the coaches, but he is not going notice the same things a more experienced coach is. Now with Ambrose on staff we should be able to afford to move Brown up top (unless he is more of a motivator than Ambrose, then I'd put Ambrose up top). Unless Els needs to stay on the sidelines for Special Teams, I'd move him up top too. With Els and Brown in the booth, you still have Elliot, Drake, Ambrose, and Taye on the sidelines and two coordinators seeing the big picture. DaPrato could relay special teams instructions from Els.

Els was primary Special Teams guy, right? If that remains the case, he'll definitely be on the field. I would imagine Ambrose is a candidate for the booth. I don't see the need to have two DB coaches on the sideline.

Did we not have a defensive AC in the booth last year? I remember Elliot, Jeffcoat and Brown on the sidelines. I don't remember Els on the sidelines, but I could have missed him.
I think we want more than just Taye in the booth. Taye could relay info to the coaches, but he is not going notice the same things a more experienced coach is. Now with Ambrose on staff we should be able to afford to move Brown up top (unless he is more of a motivator than Ambrose, then I'd put Ambrose up top). Unless Els needs to stay on the sidelines for Special Teams, I'd move him up top too. With Els and Brown in the booth, you still have Elliot, Drake, Ambrose, and Taye on the sidelines and two coordinators seeing the big picture. DaPrato could relay special teams instructions from Els.

You are probably right on Brown or Ambrose being in the booth.

As far as Els, I would think the special teams coach being in the booth is way outside the norm.

Taye could relay info to the coaches, but he is not going notice the same things a more experienced coach is.

I think that's an uninformed opinion on Taye. Taye knows MM's DB system inside and out, and actively coaches for quite some time already. The guy is cerebral and probably more credentialed than most DB coaches in terms of being an analyst as to what is going on. I am just not sure he will be back in 2018.

The booth needs a back row of analysts whispering opposition intelligence and tendencies. Plus they need weekly situational assignments. For example, and three in plus territory.

Who are these people for CU? They are essential to coordinators.

I think that's an uninformed opinion on Taye. Taye knows MM's DB system inside and out, and actively coaches for quite some time already. The guy is cerebral and probably more credentialed than most DB coaches in terms of being an analyst as to what is going on. I am just not sure he will be back in 2018.
Your right it is an uninformed opinion. I have never met Taye. I didnt mean to disrespect him, in fact I have only heard good things about him. Still we should have someone with more experience then Taye in the booth.

You are probably right on Brown or Ambrose being in the booth.

As far as Els, I would think the special teams coach being in the booth is way outside the norm.
I was thinking of Els in the booth as the ILB coach. I agree that is probably not good as far as special teams goes.

The booth needs a back row of analysts whispering opposition intelligence and tendencies. Plus they need weekly situational assignments. For example, and three in plus territory.

Who are these people for CU? They are essential to coordinators.
Have you ever coached a team to a 10-2 regular season record? Who are you?

National Coach of the Year!
You don’t want to go there.

I think CU needs to upgrade their ansmyst staff like other programs. Supports better play calling, better situational analyses and practice time. It’s standard fare in today’s winning programs.

Who are these people at CU?

Oh yeah, I forgot all that. You're right fire him immediately because surely Saban, Meyer and Swinney are just dying to take over at CU.

Right, make overblown response. MM better get his **** together in 2018 or RG will make the decision.

You can keep going back to coach of the year all you want, he earned it. But it's been mediocre at best since that Utah win.

He needs to have a winning season and his hand picked coaches need to have a much better class next year.

Saban, meyer and swinney, hyperbole at its finest.

I want MM here, I want him to win and recruit better. Who wants him fired?

Definitely a few vocal posters on various sites. Pivotal year for sure. I am hoping BL was the noose that constricted the flow on offense, really home Chiv brings some excitement to the Offense, which all hinges on Adams getting the OL to gel.

The tough thing about HCMM and my feelings about his future is that so much is dependent on what happens this year.

If CU misses a bowl again, I want a new coach.

If CU goes like 6-6 or 7-5, I wouldn't be crying in my beer if he decided to leave and wouldn't be crying in my beer if he decided to stay.

If CU does something like go 9-3 with a Top 25 recruiting class lined up, I'd probably be lobbying to match offers in order to keep him.

The tough thing about HCMM and my feelings about his future is that so much is dependent on what happens this year.

If CU misses a bowl again, I want a new coach.

If CU goes like 6-6 or 7-5, I wouldn't be crying in my beer if he decided to leave and wouldn't be crying in my beer if he decided to stay.

If CU does something like go 9-3 with a Top 25 recruiting class lined up, I'd probably be lobbying to match offers in order to keep him.
2018: The Rise II
Mac's Redemption

I want MM here, I want him to win and recruit better. Who wants him fired?
I wanted him fired year efore last. He earned an extension but RG panicked. He has to win or he is gone. And should be. For me that’s 6 conference wins in 2018. No excuses. I don’t care about OOC.

How long of a leash do you give him? Not flaming. Just asking.

Back