What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 College Football News

As I said, I'm a fan of college football. That's what I care most about. Why would I make it personal? Do you think that Bosa cares about what moves I make in my career? Of course not. We don't know each other. So I only care about him in an abstract way, too.

In that abstract way, I can relate it to what I'd tell my own son. What I'd tell him if he was in Bosa's position is that he's an adult and it's his decision, but my advice is to be the kind of many who honors commitments, responsibilities as a leader and relationships with friends & teammates who count on you. That these character traits are more important than money.
I don't think that matches the reality of college football it's almost an archaic notion. The reality today is these programs chew these kids up and spit them out with no regard. For him to forsake his future without a reciprocal commitment from the University seems like a poor personal decision.

I don't think that matches the reality of college football it's almost an archaic notion. The reality today is these programs chew these kids up and spit them out with no regard. For him to forsake his future without a reciprocal commitment from the University seems like a poor personal decision.
That's fair. I know I'm old school with my attitudes.

As I said, I'm a fan of college football. That's what I care most about. Why would I make it personal? Do you think that Bosa cares about what moves I make in my career? Of course not. We don't know each other. So I only care about him in an abstract way, too.

In that abstract way, I can relate it to what I'd tell my own son. What I'd tell him if he was in Bosa's position is that he's an adult and it's his decision, but my advice is to be the kind of many who honors commitments, responsibilities as a leader and relationships with friends & teammates who count on you. That these character traits are more important than money.
Would you ask your son if you could give him your advice and perspective?

SIAP: voters approved the SDSU west stadium plan yesterday over the soccer city. I wish it was on campus but this could turn out to be what moves SDSU towards a P5 invite in the future.

SIAP: voters approved the SDSU west stadium plan yesterday over the soccer city. I wish it was on campus but this could turn out to be what moves SDSU towards a P5 invite in the future.
Package them with either BYU or UNM and you have yourself a PAC 14.

Which doesn't make the conference any more relevant or add any kind of financial boost. BYU could be an OK addition, but I don't think that'll ever happen. UNM and SDSU?? Doesn't move the needle in the slightest.

I think SDSU and the San Diego TV market are valuable. UNM doesn't add anything.

Which doesn't make the conference any more relevant or add any kind of financial boost. BYU could be an OK addition, but I don't think that'll ever happen. UNM and SDSU?? Doesn't move the needle in the slightest.
Disagree. You add San Diego (1.5 million) and the ABQ-Santa Fe Metro area (1.17 Million) viewership. Right now those are a lot of eyeballs that are stuck feigning interest in the MWC.

I think SDSU and the San Diego TV market are valuable. UNM doesn't add anything.

Disagree. You add San Diego (1.5 million) and the ABQ-Santa Fe Metro area (1.17 Million) viewership. Right now those are a lot of eyeballs that are stuck feigning interest in the MWC.
Just adding programs that reside in high population areas doesn't really mean anything in terms of moving the needle for a collegiate athletic conference when it comes to football. But, it would be a very Pac 12 move to go that direction.

Just adding programs that reside in high population areas doesn't really mean anything in terms of moving the needle for a collegiate athletic conference when it comes to football. But, it would be a very Pac 12 move to go that direction.
SDSU every now and then pops in the top 25. Them and Boise are the only nationally relevant MWC teams.

I get that, but it's certainly a great place to start. What other programs out west are there to add? I would like to stay true to the West and have CO be as far east as expansion goes. So that leaves who?

I don't get how SDSU "captures" the San Diego market anymore for the Pac-12 than it already is, but okay.

I don't get how SDSU "captures" the San Diego market anymore for the Pac-12 than it already is, but okay.
Because there are no Pac 12 members in SD right now. I get that some alumni from other Pac institutions reside in that area, but SDSU has a total enrollment larger than CU. That is a big student/ alumni base to tap into. In addition there is no longer an NFL franchise in SD.

I get that, but it's certainly a great place to start. What other programs out west are there to add? I would like to stay true to the West and have CO be as far east as expansion goes. So that leaves who?
That sounds nice, in theory, but unless college football moves to an NFL structure with revenue sharing and an even playing field across conferences, that mindset is going to keep the Pac as the 4th or 5th best P5 conference. They need to expand into Texas and it needs to be with at least one other P5 program, IMO.

Because there are no Pac 12 members in SD right now. I get that some alumni from other Pac institutions reside in that area, but SDSU has a total enrollment larger than CU. That is a big student/ alumni base to tap into. In addition there is no longer an NFL franchise in SD.

The Pac-12 has the San Diego market. It does not need to add SDSU to capture it.

SDSU is a glorified commuter school and Fresno does not have the standards the PAC requires. It would be like Northern Illinois going to the B1G.

Pac12 network would have some work to do so we can actually see the games. Houston and San Diego would be good for recruiting purposes.

Back