What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 College Football News

Time to take over this ****ing conference:

While Cam Smith, Porter Gustin, Iman Marshall, Chuma Edoga and Jay Tufele all managed second-team recognition from the conference, the first team is completely barren for the Trojans. Just how far has USC fallen? This was the first year since 2000 that they did not land anybody on the first team. We'll see if new OC Kliff Kingsbury can inject some life into the proceedings next season. The 2018 campaign proved something of a wilderness year for USC.
Source: Joey Kaufman on Twitter
Dec 4 - 4:24 PM

Have heard the B1G is asking Texas and oklahoma to join in 2025 ? just what I heard, don't beat me up.

Have heard the B1G is asking Texas and oklahoma to join in 2025 ? just what I heard, don't beat me up.

TCU and Okie St. to the SEC, while we get boise, nm, unlv, and houston. That outta drop our payout per school by about $5 mil.

Thought I read that ok state and Ok have to be a package deal? Something to do state funding wise? They’d force Oklahoma to drag ok state with. That’s why I always considered them an option for us? I could be wrong.

Thought I read that ok state and Ok have to be a package deal? Something to do state funding wise? They’d force Oklahoma to drag ok state with. That’s why I always considered them an option for us? I could be wrong.
There was definitely something with that. OSU's academic profile (along with thinking OU wasn't serious & just wanted to use us for leverage with the Big 12) is why the Pac-12 presidents chose not to offer them several years ago as a move to a Pac-14.

Wasn’t it a OSU and Baylor problem that kept OU and UT from the PAC?

No way, I could see Oklahoma and Kansas for sure, but not Texas, and OK State would have to go with OK, so it it not worth it.

UNLESS, OK State gets a deal to go to the PAC12 under equal footing

I want Houston and Oklahoma State if the expansion frenzy picks up!

The B1G can have Oklahoma and Texas.

Honestly, the P12 is the weak link, so as much as we want to attack the Big 12, we are the problem right now, and it is more reason Larry Scott needs to go and a new strategy needs to happen soon or who knows? TV Rights deals all come up in 2022 and 2023, so something is gonna happen and it could be nuts.

No way, I could see Oklahoma and Kansas for sure, but not Texas, and OK State would have to go with OK, so it it not worth it.

Honestly, the P12 is the weak link, so as much as we want to attack the Big 12, we are the problem right now, and it is more reason Larry Scott needs to go and a new strategy needs to happen soon or who knows? TV Rights deals all come up in 2022 and 2023, so something is gonna happen and it could be nuts.
CU to the SEC? Think of all the cupcakes we could play!

Nothing like a depopulating state of 2 mil with a shi*** FB team to drive Pac-12 revenue thru the roof!
I can guarantee that the Pac-12 is not going to turn down a well-heeled AAU member that's a national brand in basketball, has a massive spending project for football that is underway, and borders the conference's existing geography.

I can guarantee that the Pac-12 is not going to turn down a well-heeled AAU member that's a national brand in basketball, has a massive spending project for football that is underway, and borders the conference's existing geography.
As everyone knows this is driven by FB revenue of which KU, irregardless of any facility improvements, brings absolutely nada.

Get over it! If CU is not to fall behind and the PAC doesn't want to become the new WAC then UT and OU are the only programs out there that will bring the PAC to SEC type levels of revenue. But don't worry with Larry running the show it ain't happening.

Get over it! If CU is not to fall behind and the PAC doesn't want to become the new WAC then UT and OU are the only programs out there that will bring the PAC to SEC type levels of revenue. But don't worry with Larry running the show it ain't happening.

This unfortunately is the truth.

OU is working hard to improve their status academically, UT sees themselves as one of the elite public universities academically. That "might" be enough to help drive them to pick the PAC over the B1G.

The addition of those two would give the PAC a dominant footing in Texas (and Oklahoma) for TV purposes.

I hate with a passion the idea of having to deal with UT in our conference again but the PAC presidents could be strong enough to rein them in. They aren't going to run over the top of USC. Some of the other stronger members would not bow to them either. The B1G isn't going to bow either so we could have a good chance with them if it comes down to it.

The worst is that if those two get added CU is almost inevitably going to end up in a division with them meaning much less time playing in California.

The Pac needs to be proactive (Hahaha! I know, right?) and make a move to get Texas, OU, OSU and one more, ASAP.

WSU has scheduled No Colo for a home game next year. UNC maybe won 2 games this year.

Will Grier won't play in the bowl game.

weak sauce. if kyler murray can put millions on the table to play one season.....and a conf champ game and the playoff....grier can play for his team. i get it in this world we live in....doesn't mean i have to think it's about "sport"....which i do, by the way, love.

I have changed my mind on this. If your post-season isn't to play for a championship, then it's playing an exhibition game after the reward of a vacation trip and some free gift bag goodies from the bowl sponsor. No reason to risk injury for that if you're already positioned to be picked in the 1st thee rounds with guaranteed millions on the table.

I have changed my mind on this. If your post-season isn't to play for a championship, then it's playing an exhibition game after the reward of a vacation trip and some free gift bag goodies from the bowl sponsor. No reason to risk injury for that if you're already positioned to be picked in the 1st thee rounds with guaranteed millions on the table.

of course it is. but, it's college football. that's why we are here. and i'm typing. the game has to mean something........not money.

Back