What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 College Football News

when i was 7 years old my dad took me to the Colorado-Oklahoma football game. Folsom Field. Tony Reed scored the winning touchdown for CU to beat Oklahoma.....and Tony ran up the south end zone COLORADO embankment.......1976.

that's why i'm here. **** the money, **** will grier.

I can understand a guy not playing and risking his future. Jake Butt of the Broncos is a perfect example of why a guy would consider not playing.

It still bugs me though the idea that a guy would not be there for his teammates, the teammates who gave their efforts so he could look good, win games, have fun, and develop his game.

FCS manages to have a 24-team playoff. 8 teams get seeded. 16 teams play a first round with the winners advancing to take on a seeded team.

The main difference here is that they only play 11 games in their seasons ahead of that playoff. FBS used to only play 11 games and it was just fine. I don't know why FBS gets the crappier setup. We've got larger rosters. We could play 12 and then have the same sort of playoff.

weak sauce. if kyler murray can put millions on the table to play one season.....and a conf champ game and the playoff....grier can play for his team. i get it in this world we live in....doesn't mean i have to think it's about "sport"....which i do, by the way, love.
Right business decision.

weak sauce. if kyler murray can put millions on the table to play one season.....and a conf champ game and the playoff....grier can play for his team. i get it in this world we live in....doesn't mean i have to think it's about "sport"....which i do, by the way, love.
Kyler Murray isn’t risking much. He already agreed to a $5m guaranteed contract w the As and they let him play for OU for one more season.
I have changed my mind on this. If your post-season isn't to play for a championship, then it's playing an exhibition game after the reward of a vacation trip and some free gift bag goodies from the bowl sponsor. No reason to risk injury for that if you're already positioned to be picked in the 1st thee rounds with guaranteed millions on the table.
Correct. Like it or not, this is college football today. People obsessed w the pageantry of the bowl games and purity of the “amateur” game need to get over it and move on. There are multiple examples of guy slotted for being high picks who get hurt in the bowl game. It’s not worth it unless they’re playing for a championship.
when i was 7 years old my dad took me to the Colorado-Oklahoma football game. Folsom Field. Tony Reed scored the winning touchdown for CU to beat Oklahoma.....and Tony ran up the south end zone COLORADO embankment.......1976.

that's why i'm here. **** the money, **** will grier.
That was over 40 years ago. Things have changed. I’m also assuming that game wasn’t just a meaningless exhibition game.

Wow Hawkins grew a pair. Went for 2 with a little over a minute to go at Eastern Washington.

Edit: Then EWU goes down and scores in 4 plays and 47 seconds to end up winning.

Last edited:
Kyler Murray isn’t risking much. He already agreed to a $5m guaranteed contract w the As and they let him play for OU for one more season.

Correct. Like it or not, this is college football today. People obsessed w the pageantry of the bowl games and purity of the “amateur” game need to get over it and move on. There are multiple examples of guy slotted for being high picks who get hurt in the bowl game. It’s not worth it unless they’re playing for a championship.

That was over 40 years ago. Things have changed. I’m also assuming that game wasn’t just a meaningless exhibition game.
I have pretty much moved on. I mostly just watch the Buffs, who are one of the few amateur teams left. :(

All P5 HC jobs are filled. Grades.

Chris Klieman - A
Geoff Collins - A
Mel Tucker - B
Mike Locksley - D
Ryan Day - B
Scott Satterfield - C
Matt Wells - D
Mack Brown - C
Les Miles - D

Edit: Moved to Carousel Thread.

Edit: realized after posting it wouldn't be common knowledge that he was the De Soto HS quarterback and was a 4* HS All-American in the 2015 class. Played with both Shenault and Nixon, who were a year behind him.

It seems like this BIG blue blood programs always have extra coaches helping behind the scenes? Is this even legal? I thought you are only allowed a certain # of coaches?

I think this is a good situation for Modster. Thought he got kind of a raw deal this year with Chip obviously trying to push him out.

FCS manages to have a 24-team playoff. 8 teams get seeded. 16 teams play a first round with the winners advancing to take on a seeded team.

The main difference here is that they only play 11 games in their seasons ahead of that playoff. FBS used to only play 11 games and it was just fine. I don't know why FBS gets the crappier setup. We've got larger rosters. We could play 12 and then have the same sort of playoff.

So we can have 18 teams that don't deserve a shot playing for the championship?

No thanks

Back