What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 College Football News

More like wanting it to determine a champion like every single other sport besides boxing.
Combat sports have the only good way of crowning a champ. I love watching the NCAA tournament, but I hate some of the teams that have been crowned champs and didn't deserve it.

Why does everybody care about deserving a championship? If it’s about deserving a championship then why play a 4 team playoff at all? Bama is clearly the best team in the country, do you want to just crown them the champ without having to play a team they haven’t played that also looks “deserving”?

Why does everybody care about deserving a championship? If it’s about deserving a championship then why play a 4 team playoff at all? Bama is clearly the best team in the country, do you want to just crown them the champ without having to play a team they haven’t played that also looks “deserving”?
unforgiven-600x272.jpg

I want the championship to actually mean something. As few teams as possible should get a shot. I preferred CFB without the playoff.

That's what people try to do - they get invited to the big party whether they win their conference or not.

Combat sports have the only good way of crowning a champ. I love watching the NCAA tournament, but I hate some of the teams that have been crowned champs and didn't deserve it.
You mean promotors negotiating with each other to create championship matchups, regardless of whether there's someone better & more worthy out there who just wouldn't draw much PPV? Yeah, that's definitely the right way. College football should do that for its post-season matchups.

Exactly. What Alabama has earned and deserves is the #1 seed in the playoffs, which gives them the easiest path to through the playoffs.

This guy
Zona just lost its starting C from the past 2 seasons to grad transfer. The hits keep on coming for them.

This guy is pretty good. He was one of the biggest reasons Tate went off on us in 2017. He had an overweight Javier Edwards on roller skates that entire second half. 50 pounds lost made a huge difference for Edwards who actually played well in 2018.

So he plans to sit for a year when his primary reason for leaving TCU was because he got benched?

Jarren Williams - QB - Hurricanes
According to Steve Wiltfong of 247Sports.com, Miami freshman QB Jarren Williams has decided to transfer.
Williams (6'2/206) deciding to leave won't have much of an impact on the Hurricanes' preparations for the New Era Pinstripe Bowl, but with regards to the future of the program this is bad news for HC Mark Richt. A four-star recruit in the 2018 class, Williams was the most likely challenger to N'Kosi Perry for the starting job in 2019. Now that he's reportedly decided to move on after appearing in just one game this season, Miami currently has two scholarship quarterbacks who will have eligibility remaining in 2019.
Source: 247Sports.com
Dec 19 - 3:21 PM

Charlie Strong cleaning house. Some talented players being dismissed.

How widespread are PEDs in college football?

Do schools, the conferences or the NCAA routinely test?

How widespread are PEDs in college football?

Do schools, the conferences or the NCAA routinely test?
Pretty much everyone's on something. You're crazy if you're not. If I was a player, the first thing I'd do is check the banned substance list for my sport and its governing body against what is banned in the Olympics. Anything banned there and not banned for where I'm playing is something I'm going to do the research on and take if it makes sense.

I wouldn't be surprised if these players are reinstated after the B test later in the week. Especially Lawrence.

Back