What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Depth Chart Prediction

The wr and db quality is so good, but man, DL and OL are scary.

Is polly, roddick or sherman going to be ready by 2019?

Also, our OLB's. I hope callier can step it up and be the guy, sparaco , I don't know.
Taylor, lewis and gamboa inside isn't awful but need more substitutions.

Falo the x factor?

ho2hpMT.gif

225 pounds

10.6 100 m for Davion Taylor, could be a speed rush guy on passing downs. That Von Miller type speed.

Gamboa plays aggressively when he can. This last season very few LBs for the Buffs were making tackles close to the LOS because the DL was consistently getting pushed back. A year earlier when Tupou and Carroll were busy standing up OL at the LOS Gamboa made plenty of tackles for little or no gain and sometimes even had gaps to shoot into the backfield.

I'd love to have a bigger more athletic guy out there for us but Gamboa has earned his time and I'm glad we have him. Hopefully this year we will have one or more of the young guys step up and Gamboa's time will be more situational so he isn't being asked to do the things he isn't equipped to do like cover a RB out of the backfield on third and obvious passing situations.

Landman is going to be better than Gamboa in 2018

Landman is going to be better than Gamboa in 2018

We can hope so but until he shows it we are speculating. Landman is certainly a better athlete but LB is a combination of athleticism, effort, and the mental. Let's see where it balances out.

QB: Montez, Sam Noyer, Lytle, Stenstrom
RB: Travon McMillian, Fontenot, Lee, Kyle Evans, Deion Smith, Jarek Broussard
FB- Bisharat
WR: Winfree, Laviska Shenault, KD Nixon, Jay Mac, Jackson, Ento. Tony Brown, Stanley, Walker, Bell
TE: Derrion Jones, Chris Bounds, Jared Poplawski
OT: Aaron Haigler, Isaac Miller, Tuiloma, Middlemiss,
OG Sherman, Polley, Roddick, Jynes, Vaughn
C- Lynott, Pursell, Tonz
OG-Kaiser, Morreti
OT- Miller, Ray, Vaughn, Paige

DE: Mulumba, Antwine, Roberts
NT- Javier Edwards, Tuiloma, Sami
DE- Mustafa Johnson, Terrance Lang, Jase Franke
OLB- Callier, Hasselbach, Falo
ILB-Gamboa, Landman, Slotenberg
ILB- Drew Lewis, Akil Jones, Newman
OLB-Sporaco, Mathewes, Van Diest
CB- Abrams, Wigely, Udofia, Miller, George, Rakestraw, Blackmon, Hubbard
S- Maddox, Lewis, Sanchez
S- Evan Worthington, Fisher, Trego
Buff Back: Davion Taylor, Ray Robinson

P-Kinney
K-Stefanou, Price
LS- Bale

@BatBuff - Hasselbach and Mathewes are no longer with the team. And I assume Tui at OT was a typo?
Copied and pasted a list from earlier in the thread. Wasn't thorough in double checking names. Just wanted to get the conversation rolling again with spring ball around the corner.

QB: Montez, Sam Noyer, Lytle, Stenstrom
RB: Travon McMillian, Fontenot, Lee, Kyle Evans, Deion Smith, Jarek Broussard
FB- Bisharat
WR: Winfree, Laviska Shenault, KD Nixon, Jay Mac, Jackson, Ento. Tony Brown, Stanley, Walker, Bell
TE: Derrion Jones, Chris Bounds, Jared Poplawski
OT: Aaron Haigler, Isaac Miller, Tuiloma, Middlemiss,
OG Sherman, Polley, Roddick, Jynes, Vaughn
C- Lynott, Pursell, Tonz
OG-Kaiser, Morreti
OT- Miller, Ray, Vaughn, Paige

DE: Mulumba, Antwine, Roberts
NT- Javier Edwards, Tuiloma, Sami
DE- Mustafa Johnson, Terrance Lang, Jase Franke
OLB- Callier, Hasselbach, Falo
ILB-Gamboa, Landman, Slotenberg
ILB- Drew Lewis, Akil Jones, Newman
OLB-Sporaco, Mathewes, Van Diest
CB- Abrams, Wigely, Udofia, Miller, George, Rakestraw, Blackmon, Hubbard
S- Maddox, Lewis, Sanchez
S- Evan Worthington, Fisher, Trego
Buff Back: Davion Taylor, Ray Robinson

P-Kinney
K-Stefanou, Price
LS- Bale

When I was creating this depth chart, I couldn't help but to notice that CU is definitely going to be better in the 2019 season than the 2018 season. A bunch of key guys aren't graduating in May 2019, and if they are, there are good players that will fill their place (assuming no major injuries, transfers, etc.). Anyone else agree/disagree?

Based on today’s comment I would like the depth chart to be:
LT: haigler, moretti
LG: Sherman, polley/roddick
Center: pursell, tonz
RG: Kaiser, Paige
RT: Lytle, middlemiss, Vaughn

Injured: ray, lynott, miller

Ray being out of practice hurts, he had the size to develop some good depth and had the ability to step outside in a pinch. Obviously moretti participating is huge though.

RG: Lynott, Paige
RT: Kaiser, Lytle, middlemiss, Vaughn

Based on today’s comment I would like the depth chart to be:
RG: Kaiser, Paige
RT: Lytle, middlemiss, Vaughn

Injured: ray, lynott, miller

Ray being out of practice hurts, he had the size to develop some good depth and had the ability to step outside in a pinch. Obviously moretti participating is huge though.
Holy yikes, if that is the true oline come fall

RG: Lynott, Paige
RT: Kaiser, Lytle, middlemiss, Vaughn
Moretti still has yet to suit up because of injury, and apparently is out for spring, but we are banking on him cracking the two deep...kind of says it all if you ask me. At least LT isn't a crucial OL component....

I'm now thinking that we'll have 3 freshman starters.

LT - Haigler
LG - Sherman
C - Pursell
RG - Lynott
RT - Fillip

Moretti still has yet to suit up because of injury, and apparently is out for spring, but we are banking on him cracking the two deep...kind of says it all if you ask me. At least LT isn't a crucial OL component....
Moretti is not out for the spring. Miller is.

Back