What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Depth Chart Prediction

I’m curious. They have a very good strength coach. Has he been doing it wrong, wouldn’t he and his staff correct?

I’m curious. They have a very good strength coach. Has he been doing it wrong, wouldn’t he and his staff correct?
To a degree. He is concerned about getting these guys better on the football field so I am sure technique is sacrificed at certain times.

To a degree. He is concerned about getting these guys better on the football field so I am sure technique is sacrificed at certain times.
Yes and no. He’s still a strength coach. He’s not teaching them competition lifting. There still is a safety component

That's effectively a 'good morning' that he is doing at the bottom of each movement. He can't transfer all that power in his quads. Maybe why he is put on his back by smaller guys. He would be a beast if he worked more on his posterior chain and core. Excited to see what Drew can do with Edwards.
He can’t line up in a “forward” three point stance. Gets tired hand barely goes down. All is weight is back on his heels. Easy to block. Not a D1 NT last year. At all.

I mentioned this over on 247sports regarding the competition at CB.

I won't be surprised at all if Abrams and Miller win the starting jobs.
Just curious if this is based on anything other than what we know about them from before they got here.

Just curious if this is based on anything other than what we know about them from before they got here.
Based on film I watched as they came in, I believe they are the 2 best athletes with the size MM prefers at the position. Word of mouth has been that both have looked good to start the spring.

Based on film I watched as they came in, I believe they are the 2 best athletes with the size MM prefers at the position. Word of mouth has been that both have looked good to start the spring.
Thanks. Given their circumstances, they are our most highly recruited DBs, so your expectation equals mine.

They have a new system and likely new techniques being taught to them. The mental part will perhaps be the hardest, when trying to overtake what is essentially incumbents (Wigley & Udoffia) who didn't play poorly.

Possibly. I would much rather see the loser of the starting spot between Miller and Wigley there though.
I guess I haven't seen enough of Blackmon to really pass judgment, but Wigley is pretty meh to me. Maybe he'll make strides in the offseason and be a pleasant surprise, though.

I guess I haven't seen enough of Blackmon to really pass judgment, but Wigley is pretty meh to me. Maybe he'll make strides in the offseason and be a pleasant surprise, though.
He made some good strides down the stretch last year and definitely impressed me, especially considering our lack of pass rush. Should be much better after some more coaching from the staff this year and people are making way too much out of a one on one clip between him and Winfree. Blackmon is a great fit against receivers like J-Mac and Nixon but he can be bullied at times and lacks the size to blitz from the nickel position which our coaches clearly like to do.

He made some good strides down the stretch last year and definitely impressed me, especially considering our lack of pass rush. Should be much better after some more coaching from the staff this year and people are making way too much out of a one on one clip between him and Winfree. Blackmon is a great fit against receivers like J-Mac and Nixon but he can be bullied at times and lacks the size to blitz from the nickel position which our coaches clearly like to do.
Fair enough. I'm not worried in the slightest about our Secondary. Hopefully Wigley continues to get better.

I'm more worried about the d-line than anything. Gotta find a way to get pressure or you'll have problems. Idgaf how good your secondary is if you can't

Carson Wells will be in heavy rotation if not starting towards the end of the season.

Carson Wells will be in heavy rotation if not starting towards the end of the season.
I agree. I see Eliot doing a heavy rotation at OLB to keep those guys fresh and fast so that they're flying around and getting a full speed pass rush from the position at all times with different looks coming from the different guys. Nobody getting worn down by a 310 lb OT beating on him for 80 snaps.

I know he's coming off an injury, but is there any indication the Buffs might get some production from Hamilton?

I can't recall hearing anything about Bennion or Hamilton and you have to wonder if they're recruiting misses.

I agree. I see Eliot doing a heavy rotation at OLB to keep those guys fresh and fast so that they're flying around and getting a full speed pass rush from the position at all times with different looks coming from the different guys. Nobody getting worn down by a 310 lb OT beating on him for 80 snaps.
It's crazy to think about the legit size and youth we have at OLB.

Callier, Wells, Falo, Sparaco, Tchangam are all at least 6'2" 240.

I see Blackmon as most able to cover a lightening quick slot receiver if that’s how we’d use a nickel.
Agreed. Blackmon seems to have the quicker twitch you want in the slot, but not ideal on the outside. Wigley has the size and length you like on the outside better, IMO. Not sure I like Wigley in the slot role at all.

Back