What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 MBB Transfer Thread

I missed this. Who would have taken minutes from him next year? Why would he transfer to DU instead of finishing up at CU?
Dallas Walton isn't gonna play less and we've added Evan Battey, who Tad was saying was his best freshman last summer/fall during practices.

So there was that.

But also the new NCAA rule is that a grad transfer gets his entire grad school paid for. So Tory gets 2 years of school paid for by playing at DU this year while he would have only gotten 1 year paid for at CU.

Dallas Walton isn't gonna play less and we've added Evan Battey, who Tad was saying was his best freshman last summer/fall during practices.

So there was that.

But also the new NCAA rule is that a grad transfer gets his entire grad school paid for. So Tory gets 2 years of school paid for by playing at DU this year while he would have only gotten 1 year paid for at CU.
Seems like a well thought out rule.

It's the rare NCAA rule that doesn't **** the player, so I'm in favor of it.
But why, basically, force a player to transfer because he/she can get a better deal if they do? Something doesn’t make sense to me but I’m sure there is an underlying logic behind it.

But why, basically, force a player to transfer because he/she can get a better deal if they do? Something doesn’t make sense to me but I’m sure there is an underlying logic behind it.
The better players are getting paid to leave by then and the better schools (hopefully) recruited over those players looking to go to grad school. Completely agree with Goose, win-win here.

The rationale comes from the other direction. If you want to add a grad transfer, it has to be legitimate academically rather than just renting a part-time student for a semester to help your athletic team. So they're making a program that accepts a grad transfer commit to paying for all of grad school.

To balance things, I think the NCAA could or should make a rule that a school a player is already attending can offer to pay for all of graduate school on top of the bachelor's scholarship - going beyond expiration of eligibility. That way it wouldn't be a better deal for a player to leave while still addressing the issue the new rule was made to tackle.

So there was that.

Understandable... But would you rather play at a CU or DU level? Would you rather have a degree from CU or DU?

Understandable... But would you rather play at a CU or DU level? Would you rather have a degree from CU or DU?
Well, he's got a degree from CU already.

All that other stuff? It's not about me, it's about what Tory felt was right for him.

Despite being the only veteran guard on the squad, Quade has struggled to find his place in Kentucky’s rotation this season. He hasn’t started any games and is averaging 17.8 minutes, down from his average of 25.6 last season. Over the summer, there were rumors he would transfer to La Salle in his hometown of Philadelphia, but they proved to be false.

Back