What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 MBB Transfer Thread

The big guy scenario didn't really work for Arizona.
Exactly. You can stop a post guy in the college game. To do so, you have to zone up and play a help defense. Team better surround him with shooters of it's sunk. Arizona tried to play 2 bigs and a big forward who liked to do his work in the paint. You can't do that. They were exploited by speed and 3pt shooting. Hell, CU even beat them this year, had them on the ropes in Tucson despite fouls and a Siewert injury making it so King was guarding Ayton much of the second half, and damn near beat them in the P12 tourney. Our talent was nowhere near UA's level and they were actually more veteran, too. Arizona had the most talent in the nation, but the roster makeup they had was not conducive to winning college basketball games if a team played them the right way. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the CU game films were a big part of crafting the game plan against them for the Dance.

If you are referring to why I posted my last comment, read the previous post by Buffnik. He asked a question, I responded.

Let me guess: You will write some response and question my posts again, when reading basic punctuation marks would have done the trick.
upload_2018-4-14_19-35-33.png

Let me guess: for your next post you will go with all caps to ensure we understand you?

upload_2018-4-14_19-36-16.png

The quote function you subsequently used would have made your post more easily understood. It came off as this:

upload_2018-4-14_19-37-32.png

Dukes a terrible example. Carter barely played due to foul trouble and their two best shooters (Allen & Trent) went 4-19 from 3 against Kansas.

You are right but that highlights a some of what is being said here. When Carter got into foul trouble it let Kansas clamp down on their other bigs. Their entire game went stagnant and it may have been partly responsible for their shooters not finding the comfort zone.

I'm not going to argue against the value of a dominant big man, if one or more wants to commit to CU and help us win I'd be very happy. Overall though having a guard who can control the flow of the game and create offense is more important and having multiple players who are versatile on both ends of the floor looks to be a more successful strategy for a school like CU.

Dukes a terrible example. Carter barely played due to foul trouble and their two best shooters (Allen & Trent) went 4-19 from 3 against Kansas.
Yep. Duke was the 2nd best team after Villanova this past season. Big reason is that both Carter and Bagley are 40% shooters from 3pt. Only real shortcoming was Duval's inconsistent shooting from the point. Weird game against KU, because Duval was on fire but Allen & Trent had inexplicable shooting nights.

Austin Reeves is transferring from Wichita. He's the 11th guy leaving for various reasons. 6 used up eligibility, Shamet is giving the draft a go, 4 other guys transferring. I'm glad to see the wheels off for marshall. Reeves was their top returning guard.

Austin Reeves is transferring from Wichita. He's the 11th guy leaving for various reasons. 6 used up eligibility, Shamet is giving the draft a go, 4 other guys transferring. I'm glad to see the wheels off for marshall. Reeves was their top returning guard.
2 transfers were walk-ons and Keyser averaged less than 8 min/game. They will be young, but they will survive.

Good luck Tory, but selfishly, I wish he had not gone to DU. I grew up in CO, and I actually cheer for CSU when they're not playing CU....and when they're not talking crazy ****. I like seeing UNC do well even. But I've never really cheered for DU. I sort of can't stand DU, hypocritically because for many of the same reasons that people hate Duke. BUT, at least Duke actually is a top level school with a high emphasis on academics and research. Some rich kids like to think DU is a great school, but no......... ... ...it's just a rich school. Like USC - it's not a great school, it's just rich. It's a fine school, but it's definitely not better than CU (if not worse across the board). Basically - **** DU...but best wishes Tory. I'm glad he played for us.

Good luck Tory, but selfishly, I wish he had not gone to DU. I grew up in CO, and I actually cheer for CSU when they're not playing CU....and when they're not talking crazy ****. I like seeing UNC do well even. But I've never really cheered for DU. I sort of can't stand DU, hypocritically because for many of the same reasons that people hate Duke. BUT, at least Duke actually is a top level school with a high emphasis on academics and research. Some rich kids like to think DU is a great school, but no......... ... ...it's just a rich school. Like USC - it's not a great school, it's just rich. It's a fine school, but it's definitely not better than CU (if not worse across the board). Basically - **** DU...but best wishes Tory. I'm glad he played for us.

I graduated from DU in the 80s. Though there were certainly some wealthy students, the university was broke AF back then. Later they hired some cable guy as president and the finances turned around bigly.

I graduated from DU in the 80s. Though there were certainly some wealthy students, the university was broke AF back then. Later they hired some cable guy as president and the finances turned around bigly.

learn something everyday. I graduated CU in '04, so by the time I was becoming aware of colleges, DU already had this rich sheen to it. I sort of assumed it was always that way. I'm glad you cheer for CU.

Back