What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Media Days

The reason you're wrong is that if you talk to CFB players, they are exactly like NFL players in that they think this is their livelihood. Not 100% but a very high number.
CSU football's PED program got a lot better when a certain coach from Alabama got there.
I won't go into references but this guy was my trainer (and good friend) slightly before he got busted here. Miami coincidentally was coming off winning the national championship and would finish a close 2nd the following year.

The "potential money" is on the line for a CFB player. They are no different.
I have talked to them, I do talk to them, I was one, and my experience is MUCH different than what you're referencing. PED use might be more prevalent than what I think, but I sincerely disagree that it is as rampant as you say. There is an element of guys that think they will play in the NFL no matter what......and I would put that at much, much lower percentage than what you're saying. remember that there are over 100 guys on just about every P5 team. Lots of diversity of background in there....with only a handful of guys legitimately having an experience in college that would lead them to believe that they're going to the NFL (the blue blood programs would be the exception to this last statement...as everyone at tOSU probably thinks this way for example.....and 1) I would put them as one of my 15-20 programs, and 2) they get a much higher level of athlete on avg than 95% of cfb teams)

Last edited:
The reason you're wrong is that if you talk to CFB players, they are exactly like NFL players in that they think this is their livelihood. Not 100% but a very high number.
CSU football's PED program got a lot better when a certain coach from Alabama got there.
I won't go into references but this guy was my trainer (and good friend) slightly before he got busted here. Miami coincidentally was coming off winning the national championship and would finish a close 2nd the following year.

The "potential money" is on the line for a CFB player. They are no different.
Another program I'd point to as being a program wide juicing program would be Rutgers under Schiano.

Scott doesn't have a clue. Too into weird social media as an option for tier one rights (this is at best an experiment similar to what the NFL did with Thursday games the last few years)....As far as his nonsense about the success of nonrevenue sports, 1-7 in bowl games and being out of the NCAA tournament before the first Thursday of the tournament ended this past year says a hell of lot more than whatever one of our schools won the water polo national championship, Washington finding their way into the College World Series, and/or Oregon State's baseball national championship.

His lack of concern about the TV issues go back to a point I made on this board a couple months back-Washington's opener is GINORMOUS for league perception. If they lose, we're going to have a hell of a time getting a team into the CFP.....which also means we're late night TV fodder again.

There were two depressing things that popped up at Media Days on the lower ticker that made me sick...

CU has only won more than 2 conference games once and that was 2016 when we went 8-1. Also, the overall PAC 12 record for the Buffs is 15-48.

Second, they did a Fan Poll to see what the division standings would be and Colorado finished last in the South, and I must admit that I did not vote.

One thing that has always bothered me is that Colorado has received less respect than any other program in the PAC 12 other than Oregon State. Even Utah has received more respect and love than we have, despite us having a National Championship, Heisman, and other major awards. We need to win at least 8 games this year and have the appearance that we are going to compete for at least 8 wins every year, or we must move on from MM!!! I am very optimistic and excited about this year, but after watching the love fest at Media Days and the lack of real respect we get, that makes me want to push the program farther!!!

Media Days did not help or hurt my feelings about this year, but I was punched in the gut with those depressing stats, and MM did not make me that pumped up!

There were two depressing things that popped up at Media Days on the lower ticker that made me sick...

CU has only won more than 2 conference games once and that was 2016 when we went 8-1. Also, the overall PAC 12 record for the Buffs is 15-48.

Second, they did a Fan Poll to see what the division standings would be and Colorado finished last in the South, and I must admit that I did not vote.

One thing that has always bothered me is that Colorado has received less respect than any other program in the PAC 12 other than Oregon State. Even Utah has received more respect and love than we have, despite us having a National Championship, Heisman, and other major awards. We need to win at least 8 games this year and have the appearance that we are going to compete for at least 8 wins every year, or we must move on from MM!!! I am very optimistic and excited about this year, but after watching the love fest at Media Days and the lack of real respect we get, that makes me want to push the program farther!!!

Media Days did not help or hurt my feelings about this year, but I was punched in the gut with those depressing stats, and MM did not make me that pumped up!
You need to work on your repression skills.

MM needs put up or shut up-give him credit for taking this thing from what was the worst Power 5 team in the country to one that is now very competitive for the most part, but we're back to the expectations we had of coaches like Neuheisel and Barnett-this program needs to be playing in the postseason consistently with the occasional special season. He can't get to a bowl with this schedule (No reason why this team can't go 5-1 at home at worst) he's gotta go.

Things just sort of fell right for CU in 2016. There was nothing particularly impressive about how we won any games outside of our defensive backs.
Our secondary was Excellent and we had great leadership under Sefo. I think we lacked the QB leadership part last year, among other things...

Montez had some really good things to say yesterday. He’s engaging. I get it why media likes him.

On the other hand, he ain’t no Manny Wilkins. Batman? V sign? Pizzas? Imaginary guns?

I kinda better understand why he is not a captain.

**** Dennis Dodd. He needs to stop working in college sports if this is his outlook.

I didn’t know media days was a factor in winning the heisman, it’s tbeir job to watch the games so watch the damn games.

On The Audible podcast Bruce Feldman called out Montez as an unsung hero of media day and someone he really enjoyed talking to. If he gets the mental side of the game down this year and we have a decent line he will be a media darling going into next year.

Back