What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 NCAA tournament thread

So far the PAC 12 not making much of a case for more respect in the future.

Virginia, Purdue, Duke and Gonzaga for me.

I went back and forth on Virginia. I just don't trust them for some reason.

Of course I picked South Dakota St. to make it to the Sweet 16.... so what the hell do I know?

I almost picked Oklahoma here due to trae Youngs. Hopefully RI makes a comeback. Can't start off my bracket with a L

I honestly feel that the winner of Virginia & Arizona will be cutting nets down in a few Mondays.
I'm especially looking at Arizona on that. With Ayton, if they've got things rolling enough to beat UVA then I have trouble seeing them losing. Best player in the country along with 2 other guys who should be drafted with Alkins & Trier, plus the possibility that Ristic gets drafted as a skilled 7 footer. If PJC is going well then I don't see anyone in college hoops matching that starting 5. Looked like UA's defense turned a corner and now looks like a Miller defense, too. That's why I've got them winning it all this year.

P.S. I also wouldn't be shocked if they lost to Buffalo and destroyed my bracket. :mad:

I honestly feel that the winner of Virginia & Arizona will be cutting nets down in a few Mondays.

That region is so freaking stacked. It's ridiculous. Kentucky is always scary. Cincinnati is really good. Miami, Nevada and Tennessee all could legit be elite 8 teams. Virginia got hosed as a number one overall seed.

Question for everyone: How do you make your bracket picks? Do you truly go through and pick the best team in your mind (if you even know how good a specific team is)? Do you compare RPI and SOS? Do you mostly pick the higher seeds? Do you pick based on historical seeding upsets? Curious to hear how others go about filling out their brackets.

Question for everyone: How do you make your bracket picks? Do you truly go through and pick the best team in your mind (if you even know how good a specific team is)? Do you compare RPI and SOS? Do you mostly pick the higher seeds? Do you pick based on historical seeding upsets? Curious to hear how others go about filling out their brackets.
I go by physicality and firepower as a general rule. Small conference teams that have an NBA level player and a gaudy record get an upset nod from me if they were hot to finish the season.

I click through them as fast as I can so I can get my picks in minutes before tipoff.

George Costanza method. I pick the opposite of my first instinct.

Rhode Island's offense is garbage. All 1 on 1 with 4 guys standing around. Oklahoma is actually pretty similar, but they have Trae Young.

I'm especially looking at Arizona on that. With Ayton, if they've got things rolling enough to beat UVA then I have trouble seeing them losing. Best player in the country along with 2 other guys who should be drafted with Alkins & Trier, plus the possibility that Ristic gets drafted as a skilled 7 footer. If PJC is going well then I don't see anyone in college hoops matching that starting 5. Looked like UA's defense turned a corner and now looks like a Miller defense, too. That's why I've got them winning it all this year.

P.S. I also wouldn't be shocked if they lost to Buffalo and destroyed my bracket. :mad:

At least they know what state Boise is in-we can't say the same for Kentucky's players. Would love to see Penn make some history today.

Back