What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/31)

If CU doesn't absolutely throttle that CSU defense, it's going to be a very rough year. That may be the worst defense CU plays all year (yes, I know who CU plays in Week 3).
I wouldn't be surprised if New Hampshire allows fewer points than CSU does.

I’m sure this has already been addressed but I’m seeing a bunch of odds favoring CSU (as well as some equally favoring the Buffs.) How is that possible?

On the Neinas scale, how big of an advantage do we have in special teams in this game?

Duff.....you got me laughing this morning. And a reflection.....what is it with special teams coaches at CU....there was dammitbobby, and then some years later toby, son of chuck, neinas.

more hilarious lamenation postings

This is CU, please CSU don’t give us scared and unprepared on Friday.

Some perspective:

Like us, there is not a single returning 1st or 2nd team All-Conference player on CU’s team. Nobody who would be deemed a “difference maker”. There are probably not 2 Buff players that would start for Florida and less than 5 that would crack Arkansas’s starting lineup. Heck, there aren’t 8 guys that would start for Boise. So save your scared and unprepared for Gainesville.

Stop making guys like Steven Montez and Rick Gamboa look like superstars. If you don’t want to play physical stay on the bus.

All we’re asking is to show some Ram Pride on Friday.

Some perspective:

Like us, there is not a single returning 1st or 2nd team All-Conference player on CU’s team. Nobody who would be deemed a “difference maker”. There are probably not 2 Buff players that would start for Florida and less than 5 that would crack Arkansas’s starting lineup. Heck, there aren’t 8 guys that would start for Boise. So save your scared and unprepared for Gainesville.

Stop making guys like Steven Montez and Rick Gamboa look like superstars. If you don’t want to play physical stay on the bus.

I almost feel kind of bad for them, but then I read this and I'm ok with running up the score on Friday.

Really? We wouldn't have 5 players crack Arkansas or Florida's starting lineup? Is that why we have starters on both our offense and defense who had multiple SEC offers? I guess all those SEC teams that offered Davion Taylor, Antwine, Winfree, Nixon and Shenault were just to sit on the bench? Is there a more delusional fanbase than CSU?

People on that board unironically think CU is the worst Power-5 team in the country. Huh? Some of them predicted they were going to win 10 games this year.

Some perspective:

I hope that's what their players and coaches believe about CU's talent as well....
tenor.gif

They got used to CU being a bad team really quickly didn't they. Seems they are struggling to grasp that CU is on its way back.

This. They don't seem to grasp that it isn't 2012 anymore.
Much like Nub fans, they believe these are the teams of the late 90's early 2000's where CSU was highly competitive and even went 3-1 vs CU from 99-2002. From 1999-2006, they went 4-4 vs CU. Obviously, a highly competitive 8 year stretch for the "rivalry", that led into the worst decade in CU football history, so it's no wonder why they have this superiority complex with CU, even though from 2007-2017, they are 3-8 vs CU. They are every bit as delusional of a fan base as Nebraska's.

Here are some highlights (with audio) from the 2003 RMS that serves as inspiration for the uniforrm set this weekend.

"...these large receivers from Colorado have just made an absolute shambles of the Colorado State secondary"

I sense a repeat.

I don't see anywhere near the amount of points CSU scored that night being scored by them on Friday.

Here are some highlights (with audio) from the 2003 RMS that serves as inspiration for the uniforrm set this weekend.

"...these large receivers from Colorado have just made an absolute shambles of the Colorado State secondary"

I sense a repeat.

sure as hell hope the game Friday isn't that close

I sense a repeat.

It is unfortunate that Joel injured his shoulder somewhat early in his career. That was his first start, and statistically, that first season was his best as a Buff despite the team being better his last two years.
upload_2018-8-27_11-13-24.png

Dude was a warrior, though. No question about that.

Like us, there is not a single returning 1st or 2nd team All-Conference player on CU’s team. Nobody who would be deemed a “difference maker”. There are probably not 2 Buff players that would start for Florida and less than 5 that would crack Arkansas’s starting lineup. Heck, there aren’t 8 guys that would start for Boise.

wpid-tyrion-k.gif

Some perspective:

You have to figure there are a good amount of fair weather CSU fans who skip this game after last weekend because they don't want to deal with getting stomped in a stadium full of CU fans.

Back