What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/31)

Pretty good summary and analysis of how CSU got sliced up:

Jump to 16:23 if you want to salivate

Last edited:
Boddie is a good sized back with good speed as well at 6-1, 225. He played quite a bit down the stretch last year and I think he'd be their #1 right now.
Kinsey is good size, but a little quicker.

Izzy Mathews is a power back and handled the load vs. Hawaii. He looked slow to me and I'm surprised we didn't see more McElroy as he looked pretty good. But they were playing from behind almost immediately and Mathews is probably the better pass blocker.

What I took from the Hawaii game was that CSU looked badly coached. New QB looked unsettled early. OL had some growing pains but got better in 2H. Defense looked soft up front and there was a lot of tackles being made by safeties. DBs looked better physically, but there were some mistakes, which is not that surprising given the whole new staff. I think they will clean up a lot of things this week, except you can't clean up lack of talent up front on the D, which is made worse by lack of depth.

CU should score a lot of points if we go fast, but take care of the ball.
On D, if we can stop their running attack, game over. We will be able to pressure the QB in obvious passing downs.

Reality is setting in. Stolen from Ramnation.
Its teetering on the edge

A blowout on Friday means the following:

1) Likely 0-4 start
2) Players, coaches, fans, and recruits turn off CSU football
3) Money isn't there to payout Bobo so we're stuck
4) Money isn't there to service the debt on the stadium.
5) lack of money means cutting back on football spend/fan experience in other places
6) death spiral
I actually don't want that to happen (Well, other than the blowout on Friday). Having them doing well in the Mountain West is fine with me, as long as we discontinue the series. I'll be cheering for them to upset Arkansas and Florida, as unlikely as that seems right now.

Last edited:
I smell a built-in excuse, to be deployed July 2019.

They never have trouble finding excuses, they have a history of experience in that area.

It will be the refs, the field, the schedule, the arrangement of the fans in the stadium, the slick footballs, or who knows what. Even if they lose by 50 there will be something other than us being better to explain the loss.

de·lu·sion·al
dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/
adjective
adjective: delusional
  1. characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

from lamenation-

6.Some positives: Our O, when properly motivated will score at will on MWC D's. Our issues on D are fixable but they will have to fixed with a complete 180 in an attitude adjustment. The season is not over, not by a long shot and I still believe we can and will beat cub, ARK and FLA but each game will absolute dogfights. Perhaps, in the grand scheme of things, we needed this to show the players they just cant show up and expect to win. I hate all losses, but if a complete asskicking drives home the point that they will have to fight for every win every week then maybe it will do some good. Hopefully they will be a smoldering mass ready to explode on Friday. If they aren't it will be a loooong season. I'm betting we come out in the RMS and make a statement that 8/25 was an aberration.

Guys, can we please tone it down in here? As a fan base, we are really getting ahead of ourselves and becoming far too arrogant and overconfident about this matchup. We better come to cheer just as loud as if CSU had won last weekend and not be overlooking them. Just need to go 1-0 this week, no looking to next week!

Last edited:
de·lu·sion·al
dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/
adjective
  1. characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

from lamenation-

6.Some positives: Our O, when properly motivated will score at will on MWC D's. Our issues on D are fixable but they will have to fixed with a complete 180 in an attitude adjustment. The season is not over, not by a long shot and I still believe we can and will beat cub, ARK and FLA but each game will absolute dogfights. Perhaps, in the grand scheme of things, we needed this to show the players they just cant show up and expect to win. I hate all losses, but if a complete asskicking drives home the point that they will have to fight for every win every week then maybe it will do some good. Hopefully they will be a smoldering mass ready to explode on Friday. If they aren't it will be a loooong season. I'm betting we come out in the RMS and make a statement that 8/25 was an aberration.
Lol. They got smoked. At home. By freaking Hawaii, who is one of the worst teams in the country over the last decade on the mainland. If they even keep it within 3 scores against Arky or Florida that’s a major win.

Guys, can we please tone it down in here? As a fan base, we are really getting ahead of ourselves and becoming far too arrogant and overconfident about this matchup. We better come to cheer just as loud as if CSU had won last weekend and not be overlooking them. Just need to go 1-0 this week, no looking to next week!

Nah. They deserve to get laughed at, not only for the ass beating they took on Saturday, but also for the stupid things they're saying now. And besides, aren't you the one who's always saying it doesn't matter if fans focus on an opponent or not? So what does it matter if we're overconfident?

Nah. They deserve to get laughed at, not only for the ass beating they took on Saturday, but also for the stupid things they're saying now. And besides, aren't you the one who's always saying it doesn't matter if fans focus on an opponent or not? So what does it matter if we're overconfident?
Didn't think I needed the sarcasm font, but I edited for accuracy.

de·lu·sion·al
dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/
adjective

from lamenation-

Hahahahahahahahaha we have better players and not even I would be willing to guarantee we would beat Arkansas or Florida. Arkansas sucks but they at least have a lot of talent. They were in the 20’s for team recruiting 15-17, 18 sucked (47) and they’re back in the 20’s again for 19.

Was going to like this, but actually using sarcasm font prevents me from doing so.

Duffman being very judicious about laying down a 'like.' Theres no way the original Duffman would've been so selective, hoarding all his likes. No way. He would've given them out generously.
:)

more hilarious lamenation postings

This is CU, please CSU don’t give us scared and unprepared on Friday.

Some perspective:

Like us, there is not a single returning 1st or 2nd team All-Conference player on CU’s team. Nobody who would be deemed a “difference maker”. There are probably not 2 Buff players that would start for Florida and less than 5 that would crack Arkansas’s starting lineup. Heck, there aren’t 8 guys that would start for Boise. So save your scared and unprepared for Gainesville.

Stop making guys like Steven Montez and Rick Gamboa look like superstars. If you don’t want to play physical stay on the bus.

All we’re asking is to show some Ram Pride on Friday.
I wonder how many of our players would crack the starting lineup for CSU? Or Hawaii?

I wonder how many of our players would crack the starting lineup for CSU? Or Hawaii?

Ram fans will never learn. Dan Hawkins had a winning record against them, they’ve never won 4 straight vs us while we are going for our 7th 4+ game win streak over them, our longest winning streak over them is 12 games, theirs is 3 games, we have shut them out almost as many times as they’ve beaten us, their coach is 2-7 in rivalry games, we have beat them 61-10 the last two years, some of our worst teams ever have beaten some of their best teams ever. They just don’t get how much we own them.And they are the ones that want to keep playing us. Ya it’s like trying to pound a square peg into a round hole. It’s laughable.

Last edited:
If we don't beat them like a drum I don't want MM on the bus back to Boulder. That's the worse Ram team I've seen since Steve Fairchild.
This is a “coach’s game.” We have much more talent than they do. So it comes down to coaching. Another intangible is team attitude and focus.

Last edited:
This is a “coach’s game.” We have much more talent than they do. So it comes down to coaching. Another intangible is team attitude and focus.

I think we've been the better team the last couple years. We were very, very motivated in 2016, and we weren't last year. Had we been that motivated last year, we probably get at least 1-2 more scores on top of what we finished with.

Back