What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/31)

I'm worried about the run D. That Arizona game last season scarred me.

yep, that was hard to watch. but, i do not think the sheep are built to run like that, and especially not the qb. and, i like the look of our d-line relative to last year.

1. Not sure what constitutes unrealistic pass protection percentages in your opinion. A high volume of quick slants or dink and dunk stuff under a PRO is different than a bunch of slow developing designed pass plays requiring staying in the pocket for 4 seconds. As a side note, I have more confidence in the 2 deep at QB than along the OL.

2. Quantity of snaps = gel.

Ultimately the offense needs to run its system, which will include some balance between run and throw.

Success for me is CU taking what the CSU defense is giving under a fast paced pass-read option and avoiding injury along the way.

Based on what we saw from CSU in their opener, and how Montez played in the RMS before, I expect to see a few wheel routes and long throws.

The running game is a bit of a mystery based on the new personnel. No one will complain if the pass game is abandoned because the ground game is moving the chains. However 3 consecutive running plays that result in a punt will drive me insane with this QB, these WRs, and our new OC.

I want to know why Carta-Samuels had such a huge horn on his helmet. Normal Rammie:
AR-180829691.jpg

Carta-Rammie:
colorado-state-rams-quarterback-kj-cartasamuels-just-before-taking-picture-id1023463684

That most recent cubuffs.com article really portrays CSU as pretty darn good. To be expected since most of the article is an interview of MikeMac. Nonetheless, I think we will have our hands full on Friday. We should win, but it is going to be a tough game. This game means everything to them. I think many of you underestimate CSU and the perceived talent differential.
I’d rather have the coach and team looking at it like this than the other way around.

However 3 consecutive running plays that result in a punt will drive me insane with this QB, these WRs, and our new OC.
What will drive me insane is the classic Lindgren move of 4 consecutive running plays of 7+ yards each, followed by 3 straight incomplete or short passes and a punt. If you're running the ball and it's working, keep running it.

I don't think Chev will fall into that trap, but we have yet to see him call a game.

Seems like Montez being super hyped might be a bad thing? No?
Maybe...but not if he plays like he did against Whoregon. Every player handles it different. We'll see, but I think I am more encouraged than concerned with his level of excitement.

Back